Wiki Posts
Search

DL Sky Priority Signage

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2012, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG-75K & HYATT Diamond; former DL-DM, AA-PLT, US-PLT
DL Sky Priority Signage

While at SFO earlier today, I noticed the new Sky Priority signs at the DL counter area. Previously, I had read several items regarding the Sky Priority branding and how it would applied beyond DL to SkyTeam.

To me, the new sign looks really bland and boring compared to the first ones. I trust my judgement; as a DL-DM, I've stared at them a lot while standing in line since they came out.

I always thought it was unique and noteworthy that DL actually had the words "Alaska MVP's" on the short list of who was eligible to use the line. I think it happened to coincide with AS reaching the shared benefits agreements for eachother's elites. I don't recall DL mentioning by name any other carriers.

Well anyway, besides the new style sign being plain, it no longer mentions "Alaska MVP's". If nothing else, it was always a neat conversation starter with other DL Medallions in the line when one would ask "What is Alaska Airlines?" or "What does MVP mean?". Especially in places like ATL, BWI and MCI where people wouldn't be exposed to AS. Naturally, I was more than happy to expound on the virtues of AS.

photo link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/brucefo...in/photostream

Last edited by dsldog400; Apr 23, 2012 at 8:48 pm Reason: added photo link
Old Apr 24, 2012, 8:58 am

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
yikes. Lets hope that maybe they've dusted off an old one or forgot to finish it.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 12:26 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 75K, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by 98103
yikes. Lets hope that maybe they've dusted off an old one or forgot to finish it.
This looks like the signs you usually see at International airports where AS doesn't fly.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 3:40 pm

Programs: AS MVP, PriorityPass, Global Entry
Originally Posted by dsldog400
I always thought it was unique and noteworthy that DL actually had the words "Alaska MVP's" on the short list of who was eligible to use the line. I think it happened to coincide with AS reaching the shared benefits agreements for eachother's elites. I don't recall DL mentioning by name any other carriers.
AFAIK, all other airlines are covered by the Skyteam Elite mentions. Alaska MVP is usually called out separately because Alaska is not part of Skyteam, therefore not Elite or Elite Plus. Odd change (unless it's just an oversight).
Old Apr 26, 2012, 3:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP, PriorityPass, Global Entry
Originally Posted by u2g0d
This looks like the signs you usually see at International airports where AS doesn't fly.
It would generally be more important at airports where AS doesn't fly, as if AS flies there, they would have their own check-in area, and AS elites would generally be more likely to be flying AS at those airports...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.