Wiki Posts
Search

AS/BoA, time to have a CC promotion

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2012, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ua S, marriott P, hilton G, ihg P
AS/BoA, time to have a CC promotion

just want to have a shout out to AS/BoA.. both AA/Citi and UA/Chase are busy promoting their credit card, you are too quiet..

let's get the new year started with a big promotion. Go AS!!
Old Jan 14, 2012, 5:37 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, DL GM, DL SkyClub
I just got one in the mail a couple days ago for double miles (or tripe maybe, I forget now) if you pay your bills with the AS Visa...not a big deal, but it's something
Old Jan 15, 2012, 12:23 am

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
Promotions tied to credit cards are usually a move by the bank, not the airline. The bank pays for the miles one earns as a result of credit card activity.
...I'd rather not be encouraged to use BofA.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
It's really not much of a card, is it? And I feel dirty doing business with B of A.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 7:49 am
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
weird because around September I got a double or triple miles promo through the end of the year when buying gas, restaurant food, and something else I cant recall. Now I got one the other day that Meteorologist mentioned that goes through the end of March on certain bills such as cable, satelite, cell phone, and insurance ^ Great promos IMO. I use the card any how for all those so now I will earn extra miles the next three months! The key is here however as soon as I pay the bill online. I then immediately go to the BofA payment page and make a payment to the card right away @:-)
Old Jan 16, 2012, 11:02 am
Original Poster

forgive my n00b-ness here.. what is so bad about boa? or it's just this particular AS card that is bad?
Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by travelsg
...what is so bad about boa?
Google "Bank of America crimes." For their abuses in the mortgage and credit markets, B of A is worse than the tobacco companies, morality-wise. An asteroid should hit their headquarters.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 1:57 pm

Programs: 189 miles short of AS MVP, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BearX220
Google "Bank of America crimes." For their abuses in the mortgage and credit markets, B of A is worse than the tobacco companies, morality-wise. An asteroid should hit their headquarters.
I believe most of BofA's "crimes" in the mortgage industry were tied to Countrywide Bank which BofA bought when the economy took a dump in 2008. Countrywide did the majority of the damage in terms of offering credit to people who didn't deserve it. BofA is paying dearly for it by association. I don't have a problem with BofA and I have been a customer since the early 1980's. YMMV.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 2:20 pm

Programs: AS, US, Hilton, BA, DL, SPG, AA, VS
Originally Posted by Duckouttahere
I don't have a problem with BofA
Nor do I. Their customer service has been mediocre a lot of the time for me, but BofA isn't any better or any worse than any other large bank. And if you want miles from credit/debit card spending, you'll pretty much have to deal with a large bank.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LETTERBOY
Nor do I. Their customer service has been mediocre a lot of the time for me, but BofA isn't any better or any worse than any other large bank. And if you want miles from credit/debit card spending, you'll pretty much have to deal with a large bank.
That is true, but it doesn't stop me from hoping B of A execs are attacked by killer bees. And outside the affinity credit card game, if you are banking with B of A (or any other megabank) and paying their fees (or parking crazy sums of money in their 0.03% savings accounts to avoid fees) and have not migrated to a credit union, you are a less savvy consumer than I think you are.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 11:40 am
Original Poster

just get a citi/AA credict card with their recent promotion of 50k miles sign-up.. now I'm seriously thinking to move over to AA, since:
1) I've had a head start with the 50k miles
2) most my flights have been and will continue to be on AA (but I've been earning AS miles so far)

the only drawback is the sacrifice of my AS mvp status

should I or should I not??
Old Jan 19, 2012, 2:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.261 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by travelsg
just get a citi/AA credict card with their recent promotion of 50k miles sign-up.. now I'm seriously thinking to move over to AA, since:
1) I've had a head start with the 50k miles
2) most my flights have been and will continue to be on AA (but I've been earning AS miles so far)

the only drawback is the sacrifice of my AS mvp status

should I or should I not??
Where are you flying to mostly?
Old Jan 19, 2012, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beckoa
wirelessly posted (beckoa's pwp wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (blackberry; u; blackberry 9810; en-us) applewebkit/534.11+ (khtml, like gecko) version/7.0.0.261 mobile safari/534.11+)

where are you flying to mostly?
mia, san, cld
Old Jan 20, 2012, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Anyone get any offers on the BofA debit cards from AS or US?
Old Jan 21, 2012, 6:38 pm
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Tell me more.

Originally Posted by BearX220
That is true, but it doesn't stop me from hoping B of A execs are attacked by killer bees. And outside the affinity credit card game, if you are banking with B of A (or any other megabank) and paying their fees (or parking crazy sums of money in their 0.03% savings accounts to avoid fees) and have not migrated to a credit union, you are a less savvy consumer than I think you are.
Fill me in. I'm still at BofA mostly out of laziness. I'm savvy enough that I started to move to a community bank spring of 2011, but so lazy that I opened the account and never funded it because moving all my BillPay stuff was too much effort.

Since then, I have gotten into FF mile pursuit in a big way and now I have almost no BillPay activity; everything possible is charged directly to my credit cards. It would be very easy to move now.

So tell me a bit more. Why credit union vs community bank? And how do you handle ATM use when traveling? The one good thing about BofA is that I can always find an ATM if needed and I HATE bank fees.

Anita

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.