Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS MVPG upgrade seating quirk?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2011, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Rewards Silver,United Miles plus Hawaiian Air AirTran SWA
AS MVPG upgrade seating quirk?

While I FULLY appreciate a comp upgrade as An MVP Gold on Alaska Airlines, me and my travel companion,travelling on the same itinerary, got upgraded, but were assigned seats in different rows.
Just checked the seatmap and the seat next to mine was open.
You would think they would have given both seats together.
Anyone with a similar experience?
Old Jul 23, 2011, 9:24 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by Tony10s
While I FULLY appreciate a comp upgrade as An MVP Gold on Alaska Airlines, me and my travel companion,travelling on the same itinerary, got upgraded, but were assigned seats in different rows.
Just checked the seatmap and the seat next to mine was open.
You would think they would have given both seats together.
Anyone with a similar experience?
Yup. There's apparently nothing that tells the computer to "think about keeping people that travel on the same itinerary next to each other" during the upgrade process.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 7:46 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler since 2011, Lifetime MVPG
Happens to me all of the time. My wife and I travel together 99? of the time and when upgraded automatically we rarely (if ever) are seated together even if adjoining seats are available. Same itinerary, same confirmation number, same last name. I don't get it.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 4:33 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by slopeboy40
Happens to me all of the time. My wife and I travel together 99? of the time and when upgraded automatically we rarely (if ever) are seated together even if adjoining seats are available. Same itinerary, same confirmation number, same last name. I don't get it.
I seemed to be seated together in years past as a gold when being upgraded :/ Maybe its a recent glitch as Ive been MVP during 2010 and still havent become gold again in 2011/2012 yet. Just tossing out an idea here could it have to do with seating preferences in the prpfile? Both have window? both have aisle? or one has opposite preferencnces like back and front of each other? Just a thought but that thing never put me in my preferred seating either so who knows. Are you seated far apart or close? Because I think it goes down the rows of open seats 1A,1C,1D,1F,2A,2C etc or some type of order(aint sure the exact order it may be left side first right side second but in any case its an established order the computer goes through). so lets say 2A and 2C are open and then 2D is occupied and 2F is open. The guy on the list before you gets the 2A seat you get the 2D and your companion gets 2F....@:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.