Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Booking Kenmore Air flights with AS points - HOW?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2011, 10:43 am
Original Poster

I've heard it can but done but I can't figure out how to do this. Anyone know?
Old Jul 17, 2011, 11:45 am

Programs: CO OnePass Platinum AS MVP HHonors Diamond SPG Gold
Redeeming Miles: To use Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan Miles on Kenmore Air, call Alaska Airlines Reservations at 1-800-ALASKAAIR .
Old Aug 6, 2011, 1:11 am

I live in Victoria BC. You don't know how awesome it is to know I can fly to Seattle on Kenmore Air with Alaska Mileage points. Sweet.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 7:18 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Good luck finding seats on the Victoria - Lake Union flights, availability is scarce.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 5:40 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
When I booked it last year around this time, I was told (by Kenmore Air) inventory was two award seats per Seattle Lake Union - Victoria flight.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 9:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Marriott Gold
Why Show It if I Can't Book IT?

I'm having a similar issue to the previous poster.

I'm trying to get seats PDX-SEA-NRT-GUM which I have found on the AS website as Delta Partner award flights... I get all the way through checkout and right before showing what I would hope to be a confirmation number, I get this:

The request was not successful. See the red message(s) below. Your request for travel on flights operated by carriers other than Alaska Airlines can not be confirmed.

To continue, shop again for other fare and flight options.If this problem continues, please call 1-800-ALASKAAIR (1-800-252-7522) for other fare and flight options. -10

So I called into the Partner Desk again and they see nothing from any gateway cities... I asked why it should show this option as well as MANY other options to allegedly get me to Guam and he just said it was a computer glitch... I assume this must be with AS' system because he said it does it for AA/AF/KLM flights too... Why is this? Can anyone give a technical reason?

Frustrated in the summerless PDX...
Old Aug 12, 2011, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT 2MM+; Marriott PLT
Originally Posted by Lanny

Frustrated in the summerless PDX...
I know what you mean. I don't think we have officially hit 80 yet and it's mid-August.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
This feature is being "enhanced" to cost 5,000 extra miles per round trip come Monday.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 11:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
This feature is being "enhanced" to cost 5,000 extra miles per round trip come Monday.
What feature exactly?
Old Aug 12, 2011, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
http://www.alaskaair.com/content/mil...ic-canada.aspx

Note the "For awards ticketed by August 14, 2011." and "For awards ticketed on or after August 15, 2011." and the increased mileage requirements for Kenmore Air. Which I suppose this thread isn't about any more, despite the title?
Old Aug 13, 2011, 5:40 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
http://www.alaskaair.com/content/mil...ic-canada.aspx

Note the "For awards ticketed by August 14, 2011." and "For awards ticketed on or after August 15, 2011." and the increased mileage requirements for Kenmore Air. Which I suppose this thread isn't about any more, despite the title?
A huge Now double the amount of miles between Lake Union and Victoria, from 10K to 20K RT. Talk about a devaluation.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 2:46 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by soonerfanatic
A huge Now double the amount of miles between Lake Union and Victoria, from 10K to 20K RT. Talk about a devaluation.
I'm not surprised but I am disappointed. At 10k R/T it was a great deal, probably the best short haul coach class deal outside of Alaska. To double the price is a bitter pill.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 2:18 pm

Programs: free agent
shame this was poorly announced. was going to book a ticket this week. could have booked earlier.

interesting that this is the opposite of the expectation set in the gold lunch thread, where it said that this summer we'd be able to head to the san juans for just 5k.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:32 am

Programs: Nada of note these days….
Curious to know how the availability has been for AS miles awards on Kenmore. We are thinking of burning some miles for a trip to Ganges this summer.
Thanks for any insights!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.