Wiki Posts
Search

Status matching question...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2011, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Status matching question...

I'm a UA 1K right now and have been for about five years. I use alaska as my #2 carrier. I believe that there's a decent chance that I won't re-qualify for 1K this year. In that case, could I match over to AS at the end of the year with my CURRENT 1K status to get the 75K status for NEXT year? Or if I match in December, will they cut me off in January? THanks!
Old Mar 2, 2011, 6:23 pm

AS won't match to 75K - only to MVPG. If you match after OCT it will be good thru 12/12. If you match anytime before then it will be good thru 12/11.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Got it - and they'll match on what my current status is... not on how many i've flown for next year?
Old Mar 3, 2011, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by hungarianhc
Got it - and they'll match on what my current status is... not on how many i've flown for next year?
Correct, they want your current status, although it doesn't matter whether you're 1P or 1K, since both will match to MVPG.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 9:07 pm

Programs: Delta 360, Alaska Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
The status matching is easy and only takes a few days. I like your idea of waiting until the end of the year. I can post (or PM) the email address if you need it.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
When I matched from AA EXP to AS MVP Gold I only had to provide a copy of my current AA EXP membership card with its expiration date. Unlike CO, they didn't require a printout of my year-to-date mileage totals on AA.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Hijacking thread here...

While I have not had a status match from MVP before, I had a courtesy renewal to requalify for Gold in 2004 for the 2005 year. I was due to do a mileage (actually a sector run) towards the end of the year.. but due to one flight cancellation at SFO, it created a ripple effect that I would have missed all my other flights the following 3 days and it was just before Christmas. I called MVP desk and explained to them what happened and told them I would miss requalification due to this one AS cancellation. They decided that they would renew my MVP Gold based on my past years`travel.

But since 2006, my travel pattern changed I didn't fly AS much and I went down to basic. Boy was that heart wrenching!

However I see my travels picking up again in the next year - although mainly with KL and AF flights, I thought I might ask for a status match from my AA Plat or BMI Gold so that I may get elite bonuses again.

So do you think AS will status match me or has that courtesy requalification in 06 scr*wed my chance? Would AS MVP mind if I don't fly on AS metal?

Thx
Old Mar 28, 2011, 10:33 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
While I have not had a status match from MVP before, I had a courtesy renewal to requalify for Gold in 2004 for the 2005 year. I was due to do a mileage (actually a sector run) towards the end of the year.. but due to one flight cancellation at SFO, it created a ripple effect that I would have missed all my other flights the following 3 days and it was just before Christmas. I called MVP desk and explained to them what happened and told them I would miss requalification due to this one AS cancellation. They decided that they would renew my MVP Gold based on my past years`travel.

But since 2006, my travel pattern changed I didn't fly AS much and I went down to basic. Boy was that heart wrenching!

However I see my travels picking up again in the next year - although mainly with KL and AF flights, I thought I might ask for a status match from my AA Plat or BMI Gold so that I may get elite bonuses again.

So do you think AS will status match me or has that courtesy requalification in 06 scr*wed my chance? Would AS MVP mind if I don't fly on AS metal?

Thx
It sounds like you have never had a Status Match with AS before, so you should be good to go. Just call Customer Care (later in the week, please). It's a pretty simple process.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Theres a big push on AS to get other airlines elites to switch to AS. Theres even a business card employess can hand out to refer other airlines elites to AS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.