Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vegans and gluten-free mavens - rejoice!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2011, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Vegans and gluten-free mavens - rejoice!

From AS' FB group:

Are you tired of not having a gluten-free or vegan snack option on our flights? We have some great news: now we do! Say hello to the truly delicious Mediterranean Tapas Picnic Pack. It comes with with multigrain chips, snack olives, sun-dried tomato hummus, almonds, a fruit strip, and dark espresso chocolate. We think everyone will enjoy this new picnic pack. It's available for purchase for $6 USD. If you've tried it, tell us what you think!

Anyone tried this yet? If so, how did you like it?
Old Mar 1, 2011, 7:25 pm

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Originally Posted by dave1013
From AS' FB group:

Are you tired of not having a gluten-free or vegan snack option on our flights? We have some great news: now we do! Say hello to the truly delicious Mediterranean Tapas Picnic Pack. It comes with with multigrain chips, snack olives, sun-dried tomato hummus, almonds, a fruit strip, and dark espresso chocolate. We think everyone will enjoy this new picnic pack. It's available for purchase for $6 USD. If you've tried it, tell us what you think!

Anyone tried this yet? If so, how did you like it?
^
I wish more airlines would follow this example.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 7:46 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
I can't wait to try it. Do these packs also show up on QX or just mainline?
Old Mar 1, 2011, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Hummus is the same as whats in DL sky club a little salty but not bad. The crackers are from a great company in MA and are very tasty.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 1:14 pm

Wow! That's going to be VERY nice for both myself and my girlfriend! We're both under the medical gluten-free umbrella, and some trips are absolute hell without anything to eat. We've actually gone to having a carry-on strictly for food .. maybe I can finally bring my laptop again!
Old Mar 5, 2011, 11:41 am

Not sure the OP was correct (very likely the original source was incorrect, I know)... but only wanted to change one word... I'm not sure the Med Tapas Picnic Pack is Vegan, it is definitely vegetarian and gluten free however. AFAIK our Smart Heart pack is vegetarian as well.

Not a huge issue for the majority of our passengers, but for someone who may be Vegan, the difference does matter.

It's a tasty snack box and I certainly liked all of the items that I got to try!
Old Mar 5, 2011, 12:20 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
They are definitely vegan. AS.com has them listed incorrectly (but not for long)
Old Aug 9, 2011, 10:23 am

Programs: MVPG, Hilton Diamond
I stumbled upon the gluten-free med snack pack when flying from SEA-DCA in July. Pretty decent pack and was glad to finally have an option on those long flights!

I've been flying DL from GEG-SLC a lot lately and interestingly enough, I like their free in-flight snack options better than AS. Simply because they serve peanuts where as AS always serves some gluten containing option (pretzels, snack mix, cookie, etc.). It's interesting that a guy like me suffering from a food allergy was excited to see an option that can clearly be such a danger to others with an allergy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.