Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mileageplanshopping.com

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2011, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Former AS MVPG-hopefully again when the economy rebounds, HHonors Gold, Starwood Gold
Mileageplanshopping.com

Is this partner gone? The website isn't working and the list of specialty partners listed on the website has shrunk substantially from last year.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 1:52 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
it is gone. Mileage Plan is working on acquiring another shopping partner... but its probably going to be another month before anything happens.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 4:25 pm

Programs: 189 miles short of AS MVP, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
That is too bad. They were pretty good at giving credit unlike some places where you have to check up on whether your miles/points get credited to your account. I would hope the new vendor would send you an email notifying you that you have earn miles and how many. It would also be nice if the store showed up in the Mileage Plan Activity on AS.com but would settle for an email notification from the vendor.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 9:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by missydarlin
it is gone. Mileage Plan is working on acquiring another shopping partner... but its probably going to be another month before anything happens.
wow... kinda shocked
Old Jan 22, 2011, 12:04 am

Programs: AS Mileage Plan, SPG, AmEx Membership Rewards
I see I got my answer to my question in the newbie thread. Is this true? I cannot believe AS will take this away. anybody know why or if AS can be contacted about it, maybe reconsider or some sort?
Old Jan 22, 2011, 12:12 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
Originally Posted by jiang513
I see I got my answer to my question in the newbie thread. Is this true? I cannot believe AS will take this away. anybody know why or if AS can be contacted about it, maybe reconsider or some sort?
missydarlin works for AS, so you've already contacted them to let them know you want it
Old Jan 22, 2011, 10:06 am

Does this mean any miles we were waiting on have vanished?
Old Jan 23, 2011, 6:42 am

Programs: yes
Originally Posted by grogsailor
Does this mean any miles we were waiting on have vanished?
Welcome to FlyerTalk, grogsailor! (Great handle, BTW) ^

I am in NO WAY an authority on this issue, but I wanted to take a moment to allay your fears. As you chose to join FT and make this your first question, I assume that you might be worried about your purchases being for naught.

My read is that Alaska (AS) has not renewed a business relationship with the current vendor that offered the "Mileage Plan Shopping" portal, and their contract has now expired. I do not read that the vendor has gone belly up and that pending purchase miles will not be awarded. MissyDarling's reply lets us know that AS is already working towards a new vendor to operate a mileage-earning shopping portal.

In the unlikely event the vendor has become insolvent, I have 100% confidence that AS will 'make it right', albeit at some time costs for you in preparing your documentation.

Again, welcome to FT! Hope to see you in the Community Lounge, where we always have grog (and other beverages) available...
Old Jan 23, 2011, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by bobsgt
Welcome to FlyerTalk, grogsailor! (Great handle, BTW) ^

I am in NO WAY an authority on this issue, but I wanted to take a moment to allay your fears. As you chose to join FT and make this your first question, I assume that you might be worried about your purchases being for naught.

My read is that Alaska (AS) has not renewed a business relationship with the current vendor that offered the "Mileage Plan Shopping" portal, and their contract has now expired. I do not read that the vendor has gone belly up and that pending purchase miles will not be awarded. MissyDarling's reply lets us know that AS is already working towards a new vendor to operate a mileage-earning shopping portal.

In the unlikely event the vendor has become insolvent, I have 100% confidence that AS will 'make it right', albeit at some time costs for you in preparing your documentation.

Again, welcome to FT! Hope to see you in the Community Lounge, where we always have grog (and other beverages) available...
Thanks for the welcome and the response... guess I'll just have to wait and see how it all pans out. Think I'll pop over to the community lounge now and grab some of that grog!
Old Jan 26, 2011, 12:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

MileagePlanShopping dead??

It appears that the online mall is dead. The URL doesn't load and it isn't mentioned on the main Mileage Plan site anymore.

Bad news, eh?

ETA: I did search, I swear. Wrong terms I suppose.

Last edited by sbm12; Jan 26, 2011 at 1:39 pm
Old Feb 4, 2011, 4:17 pm

I wrote AS and received the following response:

Dear GlacierGirl,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us at Alaska Airlines regarding Mileage Plan Shopping. As of January 18, we no longer have a partnership with Mileage Plan Shopping. While there is no current vendor that offers the exact service Mileage Plan Shopping did, we do have a partnership with Skymall that will allow a person to purchase products while still earning mileage credit for your purchase. We hope to have a new vendor fill the same role that Mileage Plan Shopping previously held for our program. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at 800-654-5669.

I had to chuckle at their comment about Skymall. No, I won't pay double the cost for an item just so I can receive miles. But I do hope they get a vendor to run their shopping program as well as the previous one did.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 2:46 am

Programs: Whatever will get me out of Y and into C or F!
Originally Posted by GlacierGirl
I wrote AS and received the following response:

Dear GlacierGirl,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us at Alaska Airlines regarding Mileage Plan Shopping. As of January 18, we no longer have a partnership with Mileage Plan Shopping. While there is no current vendor that offers the exact service Mileage Plan Shopping did, we do have a partnership with Skymall that will allow a person to purchase products while still earning mileage credit for your purchase. We hope to have a new vendor fill the same role that Mileage Plan Shopping previously held for our program. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at 800-654-5669.

I had to chuckle at their comment about Skymall. No, I won't pay double the cost for an item just so I can receive miles. But I do hope they get a vendor to run their shopping program as well as the previous one did.
SkyMall can be a vendor of an online-shopping-for-miles website.

They did it for both Northwest and for Midwest Airlines:

http://www.skymall.com/northwestmilesmall/homepage.htm

http://www.skymall.com/midwestmilesmall/homepage.htm

These were links to the same kinds of merchants that were available on the http://mileageplanshopping.com website.

But as both of those airlines are now "fallen flags", neither of the above links work; well the NWA one takes you to the Delta online "mall".
Old Feb 16, 2011, 10:04 am

Both United and American have roughly the same thing Alaska offered. I just flipped to United's shopping.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by COS flyer
Both United and American have roughly the same thing Alaska offered. I just flipped to United's shopping.
Me, too. Well, actually, not specifically to AA and UA solely--I always check the mileage mall comparison site at http://www.webflyer.com/deals/mileage_mall/search.php, which shows results from dozens of airline (and other travel industry) partners. I choose the program I participate in that gives the most miles per dollar spent.

Kinda sad that AS doesn't have a working mall right now--it seems pretty much every other airline out there does.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by missydarlin
Any news on this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.