Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS Boardroom: Game changer! (The Pancake Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS Boardroom: Game changer! (The Pancake Thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2010, 5:05 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by beckoa
Also not sure what the hours are going to look like at this point.
I vote to turn the ANC BR into a 24 hour operation for two reasons:

1. Many late night and early morning flights
2. So Beckoa can move in the BR
Old May 17, 2010, 6:51 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Platinum, AVIS First, National Emerald Club
Great!
Not only do I need to carry Purell to protect myself from germs, but now I need to add some baby wipes to remove the syrup stickiness from the arm rests, seat belts, and who knows where......

I know AS wants to ensure greater stickiness with their Customers, but this is taking the concept too literally.

I am joking......please don't ban me jackal!
Old May 17, 2010, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I tried the machine in SEA, pleasantly surprised. While the pancakes really didn't need it, I would have liked to see a variety of syrups/toppings. Aren't blueberries a big thing in Oregon? QX could fly them in fresh . Also glad to see that the food thread over here is positive and so much more lighter than the cheese riots in DL land.
Old May 17, 2010, 7:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
I tried the machine in SEA, pleasantly surprised. While the pancakes really didn't need it, I would have liked to see a variety of syrups/toppings. Aren't blueberries a big thing in Oregon? QX could fly them in fresh . Also glad to see that the food thread over here is positive and so much more lighter than the cheese riots in DL land.
OT: But AS does serve Real Cheese too (three types when its out actually )
Old May 17, 2010, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by sigueugis
Great!
Not only do I need to carry Purell to protect myself from germs, but now I need to add some baby wipes to remove the syrup stickiness from the arm rests, seat belts, and who knows where......

I know AS wants to ensure greater stickiness with their Customers, but this is taking the concept too literally.

I am joking......please don't ban me jackal!
That's 2 out of 3 strikes...
Old May 17, 2010, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by beckoa
OT: But AS does serve Real Cheese too (three types when its out actually )
Yes, but rolling it up in a pancake does not a crepe make!
Old May 17, 2010, 11:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Yes, but rolling it up in a pancake does not a crepe make!
...the two are not served simultaneously either...

I think it would be fascinating to make a 5' pancake and have several FT'ers get together and eat it
Old May 19, 2010, 10:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Originally Posted by golfingboy
I vote to turn the ANC BR into a 24 hour operation for two reasons:

1. Many late night and early morning flights
2. So Beckoa can move in the BR
Actually I rather do think the BR in SEA closes a bit too early. There are still a lot of flights after the BR's closing. The CO lounge is a goner and the DL lounge is really too remote to be practical.
Old May 20, 2010, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by pmaddock
Actually I rather do think the BR in SEA closes a bit too early. There are still a lot of flights after the BR's closing. The CO lounge is a goner and the DL lounge is really too remote to be practical.
Drifting away from pancakes but how many flights are leaving after the 10:30 closure of the SEA BR? I know there's a combi to ANC... and a redeye to MIA... plus maybe a late one to some QX cities, and AS to GEG...

ANC has the large bank of flights leaving at real red-eye hours, especially in the summer... ANC-SEA on the half hour practically from midnight until 2AM, SFO, ORD, LAX, DEN, PDX...
Old May 24, 2010, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
This morning in PDX the pancakes are extra large

http://twitpic.com/1qmhc8
Old May 24, 2010, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by CDKing
This morning in PDX the pancakes are extra large

http://twitpic.com/1qmhc8
Those are the pancakes I remember in PDX ^
Old Jun 19, 2010, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
Interesting to explore their URL...

Apparently you can order one via paypal for 3500...

And it has a capacity of 200 pancakes an hour!
Old Jun 27, 2010, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
For those who drink Old Fashioneds

The SEA club bartender had never made one before, but I asked her to combine whiskey, carbonated water, a dash of bitters, and a lemon piece; I added the sugar myself downstairs. She seemed pleased when I reported back that it worked well.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 10:40 pm
Suspended

Interesting concept. I'd still rather sleep more or just have someone make pancakes for me that my company will pay for. The beauty of AS is that you can fly direct so you don't need a lounge membership.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by thegeneral
Interesting concept. I'd still rather sleep more or just have someone make pancakes for me that my company will pay for. The beauty of AS is that you can fly direct so you don't need a lounge membership.
Well for those in the lower 48

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.