Search

MVP on American

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2010, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hilton Diamond
MVP on American

Hi all,

I did a search but didn't come up with much. As a lowly MVP am I entitled to anything on American-baggage waive, upgrade, preferred seating, first class check-in? I think I know the answer-NO-just confirming!

Thanks!...

Mark
Old Apr 19, 2010, 9:43 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

No, nada, zilch
Old Apr 19, 2010, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...27-mvp-aa.html
Old Apr 19, 2010, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
If you were gold, you'd also get the same treatment.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 12:33 am
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by mark diver
Hi all,

I did a search but didn't come up with much. As a lowly MVP am I entitled to anything on American-baggage waive, upgrade, preferred seating, first class check-in? I think I know the answer-NO-just confirming!

Thanks!...

Mark
FWIW you are better off not mentioning you are an AS MVP or MVPG for that matter. Once they know you are an AS elite....they seem to go out of their way to treat you like garbage
Old Apr 20, 2010, 7:56 am

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
FWIW, I got Group 1 boarding on my last AA flight as MVP.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by ANC
FWIW you are better off not mentioning you are an AS MVP or MVPG for that matter. Once they know you are an AS elite....they seem to go out of their way to treat you like garbage
I have had decent experiences as an AS elite. Even w/o Group 1 on my boarding pass I've been able to board w/ that group if I show my MVP/G card. It's only been a few times and always at ORD, so that may be a factor. As with any airline, it depends on who you talk to and what kind of mood they're in.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by doog
I have had decent experiences as an AS elite. Even w/o Group 1 on my boarding pass I've been able to board w/ that group if I show my MVP/G card. It's only been a few times and always at ORD, so that may be a factor. As with any airline, it depends on who you talk to and what kind of mood they're in.
I've seen people without Group 1 and MVP board with group 1 or even P. Just pretend you don't understand the rules and the GA will usually sigh and wave you in.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 7:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
I've seen people without Group 1 and MVP board with group 1 or even P. Just pretend you don't understand the rules and the GA will usually sigh and wave you in.
Unrelated to AA, but a partner nonetheless... I saw denial of the breezeway for ineligible folks on DL on my trip two weeks ago... ^^
Old Apr 20, 2010, 8:21 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
. Just pretend you don't understand the rules and the GA will usually sigh and wave you in.
hmm at least they sigh. On AS where 130 out of 150 passengers pretend to not understand the rules the GAs dont so much as even change facial expressions. All I have to say is Ive used AA many times over the past 6 or 8 months. It was eagle so maybe its just a MQ problem with courtesy and not an AA problem. Ive had MQ scheduling 2 flights at once at the same ORD gate knowing darn well one was going to sit on the tarmac and be late....and they didnt even care. They move at a snails pace even when a flight is hours late they just slug along not even showing any motivation or attempt to get the flight boarded. At MKE they have 2 gates....with enough staff for a half a gate. Flights show up from DFW and ORD within minutes of each other all the time. One Embraer sits on the tarmac 20 or 30 minutes while they board and take care of the other plane....and they too do this at a pace a slug and snail would be proud of. Then theres the time I had an FA talking very loudly with passengers using 4 letter profanities(the FA not the passengers) about how its so ridiculous they arent any longer allowed to wait on the tarmac with a full plane for unlimited hours

Last edited by ANC; Apr 20, 2010 at 8:27 pm
Old Apr 20, 2010, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by ANC
All I have to say is Ive used AA many times over the past 6 or 8 months. It was eagle so maybe its just a MQ problem with courtesy and not an AA problem......about how its so ridiculous they arent any longer allowed to wait on the tarmac with a full plane for unlimited hours
American Eagle was dead last in a recent annual airline quality ranking:

http://downloads.aqr.aero/reports/2010aqr.pdf

The other 4 carriers in the bottom 5 was Delta, Comair, ASA, and Skywest... Not good.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 9:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by golfingboy
American Eagle was dead last in a recent annual airline quality ranking:

http://downloads.aqr.aero/reports/2010aqr.pdf

The other 4 carriers in the bottom 5 was Delta, Comair, ASA, and Skywest... Not good.
AS dropped too... I was surprised
Old Apr 20, 2010, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
AS dropped too... I was surprised
Yeah, I know... And what is more saddening is AS's AQR trend-line flat-lined this year while all other carriers had a positive trend-line. Not good. Also, their AQR score dropped compared to last year and they are the only carrier whose AQR score dropped. This is a statistical report not customer survey or hunch type of report, which means bias is at a minimum [the weight they determined for each of the 4 categories observed being the only factor that might have some bias].

The biggest killer for AS this year is IDB [which in fact is the sole reason that their AQR score dropped]... AS's IDB skyrocketed 322% compared to last year [0.63 to 2.03]...

I could get into details on the report, but I am already derailing the topic
Old Apr 20, 2010, 10:06 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
I'm a gold and got turned away in the line trying to get onboard with my rollaboard in group 2 a few weeks ago - right here in Portland. I am going again on Sunday AM via DFW (the only place they now fly from PDX for some odd reason) so will see.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 12:46 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Platinum, AVIS First, National Emerald Club
Just listen carefully.......

"Now boarding all zones, all rows, all passengers".

That is our pre-boarding priviledge on AA. It works out great!

- there is no crowding to the gate agent
- if you like pillows and blankets, your fellow row mates will typically stack all of their unwanted ones in your waiting seat
- there is no frustration with looking for bin space, get your bag gate checked gratis
- the door closes right behind you as you board so there is no waiting for departure

MVP on AA - you have earned it - enjoy it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.