Wiki Posts
Search

MVPG - Party of 3

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2010, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Platinum, AVIS First, National Emerald Club
MVPG - Party of 3

Since I can no longer pass my toddler off as "2 and under", what happens to my upgrade chances when booking an itinerary with a party of 3? Will AS upgrade 2 of 3, if there is availability? Or will I be skipped altogether?

How about with DL - can I get access to "preferred" seating for my family or are we stuck in the back of the bus?
Old Apr 19, 2010, 6:18 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
you can't request an upgrade with 3 people in the res. You have to split it up into 2 PNR's.

Not sure about Delta
Old Apr 19, 2010, 6:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
With NW I was able to access 'preferred' seating for a friend traveling with me. Later on when the PNR was split (not sure why it was split ) it kept both of us in the exit row...
Old Apr 19, 2010, 10:01 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by sigueugis
Since I can no longer pass my toddler off as "2 and under", what happens to my upgrade chances when booking an itinerary with a party of 3? Will AS upgrade 2 of 3, if there is availability? Or will I be skipped altogether?

How about with DL - can I get access to "preferred" seating for my family or are we stuck in the back of the bus?
I don't know about upgrades, but I booked Delta recently for daughter-in-law and 2 1/2 year old with me - and we got preferred seating. Sure hope that holds for preferred boarding, too.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 11:20 pm

Programs: MVP Gold 75K, Board Room, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
If you want upgrades, break it into units no larger than 2 per MVPG. Usually it was one adult and one parent in our family when my wife had status.

Now we just book 2 under my PNR, and 2 without status. I usually get the upgrade, and the best behaved kid gets to sit in front (and my wife and I flip a coin).
Old Apr 20, 2010, 10:19 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by maokh
If you want upgrades, break it into units no larger than 2 per MVPG. Usually it was one adult and one parent in our family when my wife had status.
You willing to be my adult parent?
Old Apr 20, 2010, 2:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by golfingboy
You willing to be my adult parent?
I'm afraid you are too old for that

But it sounds like Mrs. maokh just needs to fly more (or so do the kids )
Old Apr 21, 2010, 3:50 pm

Programs: MVP Gold 75K, Board Room, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by beckoa
I'm afraid you are too old for that

But it sounds like Mrs. maokh just needs to fly more (or so do the kids )
We booked a SEA-BNE and that should get her to MVP. A good friend of mine eloped after the service to Australia and has this spare room always available for us. Nobody visits him though. How horrible...how long will it take him to get sick of me dropping in? Maybe she will actually like the place (instead of looking up online at horrible australia tourist accident/death/spider bite/whatever statistics), and I can convince her to go to River Fire to finish the remainder of that status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.