Wiki Posts
Search

elite status miles

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2010, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA
elite status miles

Am wondering if i fly a paid business class delta or air france ticket will i get 1.5 elite qualifying miles on AS?
Old Apr 10, 2010, 4:28 pm

Programs: AS 75K, DL Plat, AA, WN, Hertz, HHonors, Marriott
Originally Posted by seadoc
Am wondering if i fly a paid business class delta or air france ticket will i get 1.5 elite qualifying miles on AS?
You get 125% for Business class and 150% for First.

http://www.alaskaair.com/as/mileagep...rs_Airline.asp
Old Apr 10, 2010, 5:12 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

hgdf's numbers are correct, however, you only get bonus RDMs not EQMs I just flew in J and A a month ago and only got bonus RDMs...

You can only get bonus EQMs in paid F on AS only...
Old Apr 10, 2010, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by golfingboy
hgdf's numbers are correct, however, you only get bonus RDMs not EQMs I just flew in J and A a month ago and only got bonus RDMs...

You can only get bonus EQMs in paid F on AS only...
This used to be the case, but now they definitely do count towards EQM. I'm not sure exactly when this went into effect, but after Missy responded to a previous thread stating that this was the case, I emailed MP customer service for confirmation and received the following reply.

Dear Mr hgdf,
Thank you for contacting Alaska Customer Care. Yes, the bonus miles for
traveling in Business or First class count towards your status on
Alaska/Horizon and our Alliance partners.
Sincerely,
Lisa
Customer Care
Lo and behold, I took a trip on DL in A and I class about two weeks ago and received the CoS bonus as EQM.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 6:06 pm

Gonna write an email to AS and ask them to credit me CoS bonus EQMs...

I flew on March ummm 19th I think...

Last edited by golfingboy; Apr 11, 2010 at 8:32 am
Old Apr 10, 2010, 9:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E

Gonna write an email to AS and ask them to credit me CoS bonus EQMs...

I flew on May ummm 19th I think...
March you mean
Old Apr 11, 2010, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
March you mean
Doh!
Old Apr 11, 2010, 9:34 am

Programs: AS MVP
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by hgdf
This used to be the case, but now they definitely do count towards EQM. I'm not sure exactly when this went into effect, but after Missy responded to a previous thread stating that this was the case, I emailed MP customer service for confirmation and received the following reply.

Lo and behold, I took a trip on DL in A and I class about two weeks ago and received the CoS bonus as EQM.
I'm glad ran across this thread! I flew Delta from SEA to DBX via ATL in early March, racking up 6000 bonus miles (for first and business) for the trip that don't appear to have been credited as EQM. Since I'm only 8500 away from Gold, this is definitely worth pursuing!

Thanks!

E
Old Apr 15, 2010, 9:24 pm

Unhappy

After sending an email to MP when hgdf mentioned that flying in F or J on DL will accrue not only bonus RDMs, but bonus EQMs as well.... This is the response I got from Customer Care:

Dear Golfingboy,

Thank you for contacting Alaska Airlines. We received your email regarding your Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan account and the first class bonus miles that were posted. The First Class bonus will count towards tier status for Alaska
Airlines flights only, bonus miles from any of the partners will not count.

Please contact our office if we can be of further assistance.
Thank you for choosing Alaska Airlines and the Mileage Plan program.

Sincerely,

JoDeanne
Customer Care Representative
Another perfect example of inconsistency never good from the customer's perspective...
Old Apr 15, 2010, 10:09 pm

After sending an email to MP when hgdf mentioned that flying in F or J on DL will accrue not only bonus RDMs, but bonus EQMs as well.... This is the response I got from Customer Care:

Another perfect example of inconsistency never good from the customer's perspective...
I'd be really curious to know exactly when the effective date when they started counting these as EQM. I know for sure that they did not before Feb, and the first time I remember hearing it mentioned "officially" was at the MVPG lunch on 2/24. Perhaps you should PM missydarlin and see if she can look into this for you.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 10:10 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, UA 1P, UA RCC, Hertz Gold, Marriott Rewards Silver, SPG Gold

This is pretty upsetting. It IS a change, because my DL F flights last year counted. The MVP/G Qualification Levels and Benefits page has also been changed. It used to say under "Milage Accrual" that you received credit for paid F, but now it only says:
*Bonus miles do NOT apply toward Annual Elite Status Qualification

What is the reason for getting rid of this?
Old Apr 15, 2010, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by longdrelation
This is pretty upsetting. It IS a change, because my DL F flights last year counted. The MVP/G Qualification Levels and Benefits page has also been changed. It used to say under "Milage Accrual" that you received credit for paid F, but now it only says:
*Bonus miles do NOT apply toward Annual Elite Status Qualification

What is the reason for getting rid of this?
That statement refers to the MVP/MVPG bonus miles, not the CoS bonus.

From the AS site:

Mileage Earned: 500 miles, or actual flight miles, whichever is greater; 25% bonus for purchased Business Class; 50% bonus for purchased First Class

MVP or MVP Gold qualifying flight miles: Yes

Last edited by hgdf; Apr 15, 2010 at 10:23 pm
Old Apr 15, 2010, 11:57 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Seems to be some confusion here, but here are the terms as listed on the website:

First Class
Earn Bonus Miles on tickets purchased for travel in First Class on Alaska Airlines*, Air France*, American Airlines*, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Delta Air Lines*, KLM*, Korean Air, LAN*, and Qantas.

* Bonus Miles apply toward Tier Status only with Elite Qualifying Partners.

Here is the link:

http://www.alaskaair.com/as/mileageplan/Bonus-Miles.asp
Old Apr 16, 2010, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by MagicCarpetRider
Seems to be some confusion here, but here are the terms as listed on the website:

First Class
Earn Bonus Miles on tickets purchased for travel in First Class on Alaska Airlines*, Air France*, American Airlines*, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Delta Air Lines*, KLM*, Korean Air, LAN*, and Qantas.

* Bonus Miles apply toward Tier Status only with Elite Qualifying Partners.

Here is the link:

http://www.alaskaair.com/as/mileageplan/Bonus-Miles.asp
So basically, I should be credited the EQMs for the segments I flew in F on DL? Guess I will write back to customer care and include the link in my email...

Thanks
Old Apr 16, 2010, 12:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
So basically, I should be credited the EQMs for the segments I flew in F on DL? Guess I will write back to customer care and include the link in my email...

Thanks
I'd say include a print out / .pdf of this (in case AS modifies their website )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.