Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Buy ticket from delta.com and have AS FF number on the boarding pass?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2010, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

I know this is a very basic question, but I have browsed many pages and didn't find an answer.

I'm switching from Skymiles to AS miles, but I live in ATL, flying DL is very convenient for me. But how can I buy tickets from delta and then credit the miles to AS account?

Any input is appreciated!
Old Mar 20, 2010, 7:55 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

When booking a ticket thru Delta.com, when you reach the page [Review and Purchase step] where you have to put in the flyer's info [name, email address, phone #, etc].

You will see a box asking for your Prefix, First Name, Last Name, and then next to the Last Name box, there is a drop down menu of different affiliated Frequent Flyer programs [Delta SkyMiles is set as the default in this box] and to the right of that box is an empty box for you to put in your AS MP #.

Here is a picture to help you:

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/x...ltaBooking.jpg
Old Mar 20, 2010, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Thanks a lot!

I just booked a ticket through a DL agent, maybe I should call and ask them to change the number.

Originally Posted by golfingboy
When booking a ticket thru Delta.com, when you reach the page [Review and Purchase step] where you have to put in the flyer's info [name, email address, phone #, etc].

You will see a box asking for your Prefix, First Name, Last Name, and then next to the Last Name box, there is a drop down menu of different affiliated Frequent Flyer programs [Delta SkyMiles is set as the default in this box] and to the right of that box is an empty box for you to put in your AS MP #.

Here is a picture to help you:

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/x...ltaBooking.jpg
Old Mar 20, 2010, 9:22 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by xitek
Thanks a lot!

I just booked a ticket through a DL agent, maybe I should call and ask them to change the number.
You can do that, or you can change it online...

When accessing your itinerary online, in the "Your Seating" box, below the passenger information, there is a link that says "Change Frequent Flyer #". From there, you can put in your AS FF number.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 10:07 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by golfingboy
You can do that, or you can change it online...

When accessing your itinerary online, in the "Your Seating" box, below the passenger information, there is a link that says "Change Frequent Flyer #". From there, you can put in your AS FF number.
DL lets you change online? I know that NW did but others like AS and AA do not. Good to know

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.