Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

MVP Gold Challenge - But a flight reroute will make me short!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2010, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP /United Silver/Marriot Plat / HH Gold / SPG Gold

Not sure if I have any solutions here-
I am on the requal 8 segment MVPGold challenge (project got postponed last year - which kept me from flying).

I had my 8 segments booked with my 8th flying on Monday the 15th.

To get to 8, I am flying home from PDX to LAX today via SEA. Unfortunatley, my PDX-SEA flight is delayed, which will cause me to miss my SEA-LAX. AS wants to route me direct PDX-LAX....which means that I will only be at 7 segments on 3/15, instead of 8 - Missing gold.

Do I have any options? I had my 8 segments booked, and due to AS Mechanical issue, I am being rerouted!

Help!
Old Mar 11, 2010, 7:03 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Your choices are limited since it is late in the day...

However, I would ask if it is possible if you could continue to fly to SEA and fly home on the first flight tomorrow morning? That means you will have to pay for your own accomodation tonight.

If you explain your situation to the GA, I am pretty sure they will do everything in their best ability to keep your segments.

Ask them if they could somehow reroute you via some QX cities like BOI or MFR? Just make sure it is not a direct flight....
Old Mar 11, 2010, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP /United Silver/Marriot Plat / HH Gold / SPG Gold
I explained my plight the gate agent - and after a few chuckles, and about 20 min of searching - we figured it out -

My first choice was a PDX-ANC-SEA-LAX which would get me in LAX in the AM - but unfortunatley in economy the whole way - I was close to doing it....

But,. then - i realized I was getting what would have been my 8th segment on Monday morning - a direct from LAX-PDX - but they split the flight to a LAX-SEA-PDX in first...:-)

So all is well - and a very deserving Horizon gate agent will be getting some of my thank you certificates.

:-)

A +1 Win for AS/Horizon!
Old Mar 11, 2010, 11:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by jcooper90
I explained my plight the gate agent - and after a few chuckles, and about 20 min of searching - we figured it out -

My first choice was a PDX-ANC-SEA-LAX which would get me in LAX in the AM - but unfortunatley in economy the whole way - I was close to doing it....

But,. then - i realized I was getting what would have been my 8th segment on Monday morning - a direct from LAX-PDX - but they split the flight to a LAX-SEA-PDX in first...:-)

So all is well - and a very deserving Horizon gate agent will be getting some of my thank you certificates.

A +1 Win for AS/Horizon!
Glad it worked out... but would have been a pretty good reroute thru ANC
Old Mar 12, 2010, 12:26 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by jcooper90

A +1 Win for AS/Horizon!
Glad it all worked out!

As an FYI, I have not had experience with AS/Horizion on this issue but you could have probably have asked for an original flight credit after the fact if you were involuntarily rerouted. DL/NW folks have been doing this for years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.