Wiki Posts
Search

AS 854 Goes Tech?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2010, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines (AS)
AS 854 Goes Tech?

Checked my flight status this morning (thank god I did) and discovered our flight was delayed 5 hours and 45 minutes! It appears via flight stats that Alaska is flying out a second plane for us (Tail changed from N586AS To N563AS).

As an Aviation fan I'm curious what brought on the change? We've all had planes go tech before (in fact, every time I leave hawaii it seems), but given the long turnaround between 853 and 854 (nearly 12 hours) it made me wonder.

Anyone have any info?
Old Mar 11, 2010, 2:40 pm

I just noticed that San Jose-Maui started today. However, Maui-San Jose will not be starting today. Cancelled. According to flightaware, there is a reposition flight set up for Maui-Lihue. Would that be 854's bird?
Old Mar 11, 2010, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines (AS)
Looks like you're right. 563 was the reg for the ogg-sjc flight. We just saw 586 t/o for Honolulu where they were going to "scope" something in one of the engines. Apparently they had a vibration on t/o out of Seattle last night that was enough to cancel it for this leg.

Last edited by KPerkins; Mar 11, 2010 at 4:33 pm Reason: Grammar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.