Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Miles - How long till they post

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2010, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, AS BR thru Nov 2010
Delta Miles - How long till they post

Just wondering how long miles tend to post from Delta. Flew YVR-SLC-LAX last night. Last time I flew Delta SEA-LAX miles posted same day into my Alaska mileage account. What is the normal time frame?
Old Feb 13, 2010, 3:41 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz gold
It seems to be taking about a week lately.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 3:59 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K
Flew PIT-->MSP, then MSP-->LAS on 01/08 - still waiting for miles to be posted.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 4:01 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
way less time than AA
Old Feb 13, 2010, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HH Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium
I flew DL/NW SEA-AMS on 1/15, and the miles have not posted yet.

I flew AA ORD-BOS on 1/30, and the miles have not posted yet.

On the same itinerary as ORD-BOS, I flew AA BOS-ORD on 2/2, and the miles posted on 2/9.

I think I'm going to e-mail in the boarding passes soon.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 6:54 pm
ANC

Originally Posted by EVA Air

I flew AA ORD-BOS on 1/30, and the miles have not posted yet.

On the same itinerary as ORD-BOS, I flew AA BOS-ORD on 2/2, and the miles posted on 2/9.

I think I'm going to e-mail in the boarding passes soon.
same problems here, different cities. Seems like the returns from a AA city through ORD to an AS flight post but the departure date connections from ORD-Destinations aint posting. I think its pretty stupid you have to fax information for codeshares especially booked on AS with an AS itinerary. Can they not look it up or what??
Old Feb 14, 2010, 1:03 am
FOH

Programs: DL GM, UA nobody, Marriott Gold
It also seems to take about a week for AS flights to post over to DL. I suspect there's some weekly data exchange process in place.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Do DL segments flown under the AS codeshare number count as AS EQM's or DL (partner) ones?
Old Feb 14, 2010, 11:05 am
ANC

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Do DL segments flown under the AS codeshare number count as AS EQM's or DL (partner) ones?
partner, goes by metal not code unfortunately
Old Feb 14, 2010, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
7 days on the dot for all of my 2010 flights.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 12:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, AS BR thru Nov 2010
Just check my account and my miles from Friday (YVR-SLC-LAX) have just posted. I find it amazing that my DL miles seem to post faster than my AS miles. I've had AS miles take up to 7 days to post.

Activity Date Activity Type Flight Miles Bonus Total
02/12/2010 DELTA AIRLINES
SLC LAX 4449 590 295 885
02/12/2010 DELTA AIRLINES
YVR SLC 4671 798 399 1,197
Old Feb 16, 2010, 2:36 pm

Programs: MVP Gold 75K, Board Room, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
A random return segment on 2/8 DTW-SEA just posted today, but my 2/4 (which did involve an irrops on a DTW-PIT) has not posted yet.

I also suspect the PIT-DTW that didn't post is probably one of those delta connection flight numbers that are strangely not in the valid flight ranges. Just wondering, when is that going to get fixed? DL3491 ...
Old Feb 19, 2010, 7:10 pm

Programs: 189 miles short of AS MVP, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
I flew DL on 2/8/10 SFO-MEM-TYS. Nothing has posted so far

On 2/10/10 I flew TYS-MEM-SFO and only the MEM-SFO portion has posted. I will probably give it a few more days before I fax in my boarding passes to the MileagePlan desk. If Delta can't get the mileage postings right, having them fix the UG system for MVPG's is going to take forever.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 11:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
IHG Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Duckouttahere
I flew DL on 2/8/10 SFO-MEM-TYS. Nothing has posted so far

On 2/10/10 I flew TYS-MEM-SFO and only the MEM-SFO portion has posted. I will probably give it a few more days before I fax in my boarding passes to the MileagePlan desk. If Delta can't get the mileage postings right, having them fix the UG system for MVPG's is going to take forever.
However I'd rather rather have upgrades on DL then the miles posting right... its harder to get an upgrade thru a fax
Old Feb 20, 2010, 12:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Delta Eligible Flight Number Range

My experience has been that DL miles (if in the eligible flight number range) post just as quickly as AS/QX flights.

The elgible flight number range, though, is horribly out of date, and has been since Delta started the Northwest integration process back in October.

Now that all NW flight numbers have been converted to DL flight numbers (which occurred about 2/1/10), would it be too much to ask that the eligible flight number range for DL flights be updated on the AS website?

A mainline DL flight from MCO to MSP is outside the range (DL 2437) and requires a manual miles request. The old NW flight number (also 2437) was a qualifying flight number.

It might be that DL will continue to tinker with the flight numbers --- but it sure could save AS a bunch of time on manual entries for DL if they'd only update the eligible flight number range to reflect the current DL reality.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.