Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Seat Assignments out of Cabo - not at airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2010, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, Avis Chairman, Four Seasons Elite, HA Pualani Gold

Any tricks to getting a seat assignment before getting to the airport in Cabo? I actually have seats assigned all over the plane and would like to change them but they're controlled at the airport as usual and I'd rather not have to get there too early.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 2:57 pm

Programs: 189 miles short of AS MVP, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ERtraveler
Any tricks to getting a seat assignment before getting to the airport in Cabo? I actually have seats assigned all over the plane and would like to change them but they're controlled at the airport as usual and I'd rather not have to get there too early.
If the flight is less than 24 hours away the seats are controlled by the airport. You can try calling the airport directly if you know the number.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 3:55 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
I'd chime in to this issue...but I will be good and keep my mouth shut
Old Jan 27, 2010, 4:02 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
web check-in
Old Jan 28, 2010, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

I was told 3 months ago when I tried to get better seats that seating for this flight in Feb. will be controlled at the airport, period. Should I just try to speak to someone higher up or is it useless? This has seemed to be the case on this flight SJD - SFO on my previous trips. What is it about this airport?
Old Jan 28, 2010, 8:17 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
I was told 3 months ago when I tried to get better seats that seating for this flight in Feb. will be controlled at the airport, period. Should I just try to speak to someone higher up or is it useless? This has seemed to be the case on this flight SJD - SFO on my previous trips. What is it about this airport?
so were you able to pick seats originally or were they just assigned. On what day if you dont mind saying? Its possible the flights full now. That brings up the seats assigned at airport message. Often it means there are elite seats open but you cant select them until day of departure unless you have a full flex fare. I just did several dummy reservations without logging in to my account or adding an MP number up to the point of where it asks you to click the purchase buttion and it left me pick seats all 3 times

Last edited by ANC; Jan 28, 2010 at 8:31 pm
Old Jan 29, 2010, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Yes, I was able to select seats and there were just a few left scattered all over. Just yesterday I was able to move us closer to the front but still not together. Perhaps it is a full flight - we have no status on AK anymore. It's flt. 225 on 2/20. It would be interesting to know if there are still alot of premium seats open - then I can gauge how early I should get to the airport.

I'm flying down there in first so maybe I'll ask again when we check in for that flight.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 12:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Yes, I was able to select seats and there were just a few left scattered all over. Just yesterday I was able to move us closer to the front but still not together. Perhaps it is a full flight - we have no status on AK anymore. It's flt. 225 on 2/20. It would be interesting to know if there are still alot of premium seats open - then I can gauge how early I should get to the airport.

I'm flying down there in first so maybe I'll ask again when we check in for that flight.
Plane looks packed...

F is full

Everything behind the exit row is full

Open (from what I can tell):

6B,6E,6F,7A,7B,7C,7F,8A,8B,9F,10B,11F

One can also search alaskaair.com under a full fare ticket that will reveal any priority open seats (and ones further back too )
Old Jan 31, 2010, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.