Search

Registration # for flight today

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2009, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, AA PM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Registration # for flight today

Hi all,

My girlfriend just completed a flight CHS - ATL (flight 881), and didn't think to grab the registration number when she got on the plane. Upon arrival at ATL, she couldn't get a good view of the tail, and when she asked an agent, she was told that "...it is against policy to give that information out. If I was going to give you that information, then I might as well give you the crew members' names and information." I was shocked to hear this - as a Delta Gold Medallion myself, I've never been given flack about requesting an N-number.

Would anyone here be able to provide the registration for this flight? Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 18, 2009, 8:13 am

Programs: DL DM & 5MM, WN
...well, here is yet another important reason to stay with Delta and avoid the threadbare service you get on AirTran...
Old Mar 19, 2009, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by Justin026
...well, here is yet another important reason to stay with Delta and avoid the threadbare service you get on AirTran...
Very helpful... especially from someone who is 'AirTran Elite'.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 10:19 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...er-search.html
Old Mar 20, 2009, 12:47 am

Programs: AA,CO, DL,FL,WN.US
sorry, but asking anything today will get you in trouble.Delta is no better,don't dare even ask for a full can of soda.I find service and attitude much better on Airtran than Delta recently.Even the DL employees will let you know they are unhappy at DL.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 7:50 am

Programs: DL DM & 5MM, WN
Originally Posted by yashan
Very helpful... especially from someone who is 'AirTran Elite'.
I am pretty good at staying out of threads that I don't have anything to add to.

But the AirTran -- Delta comparison did cause me to say something. I have nothing against folks that want to write down a log of planes they were on, collect baggage tags, etc. I remember keeping a wall map with my kids when they were little where we would trace out my flights for a year.

Will also note that the OP posted to the Delta board a month ago saying he could not see the tail number of a plane he was on and there is no mention of making an inquiry to the gate agent with his elite status, etc. Instead he asks for help on FT and he gets three websites he could go to to check up on.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 9:16 am

Programs: United MP, AirTran A+, SW RR
I have been able to find all of my previous AirTran flight tail numbers on the www.bts.gov site mentioned in the linked United Forum thread. I believe there is a 90 day delay before posting. I have actually been on two AirTran 717's three times each.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.