Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting Times

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2007, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

Smile Connecting Times

I am considering flying Air Tran from PIT to PHX via ATL.

The flight arrives in ATL @ 8:32 PM with a 9:25 PM departure to PHX.

This would be on Thursday night, May 24, right below Memorial Day.

I'm always concerned when the connecting times are less than 1 hour even though they seem to say that 35 minutes is the minimum time that the airlines would book connecting flights.

It looks like my flight from PIT would land in the North Terminal & take off to PHX from there.

Since I have never flown into ATL before on Air Tran, should I be concerned about the time difference between when I land & take off?

Thanks all
Old Feb 21, 2007, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta, Amtrak, Hertz PC
Airtran uses two terminals at ATL. Most of the flights arrive and depart from the south portion of Terminal C. I think Airtran has around 20 - 25 gates there. You can walk from one gate to another gate in 10 minutes or less within terminal C.

Airtran also uses the "common use" gates in Terminal D. I think they are up to about 8 gates in terminal D. To get from gate C1 to gate D1 takes about 30 minutes at most. There is an underground train to take you from terminal C to terminal D, or you can also walk down the underground passageway.

I think either way, your 53 minute connection should be plenty. Of course, you will probably want to pick up a little food along the way, since Airtran won't feed you on your (3 hour?) flight to Phoenix.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 1:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SteveR325
I am considering flying Air Tran from PIT to PHX via ATL.

The flight arrives in ATL @ 8:32 PM with a 9:25 PM departure to PHX.

This would be on Thursday night, May 24, right below Memorial Day.

I'm always concerned when the connecting times are less than 1 hour even though they seem to say that 35 minutes is the minimum time that the airlines would book connecting flights.

It looks like my flight from PIT would land in the North Terminal & take off to PHX from there.

Since I have never flown into ATL before on Air Tran, should I be concerned about the time difference between when I land & take off?

Thanks all
ive had even less of a connecting time and had to go from TC to TD. theres a train that takes less than 2 mins, but Ive walked it a few times when I just missed the train.
For TD FL gates are a ways down the Term.

the only problem you might run into is like I did time to time, with a very tight connecting time by the time you get to the new gate most of the people would have already boarded, so you may find no room for your carry-on or having to place it far away from your seat. Other then that , its a slam dunk. BTW once my connection time was 37 mins and had no problem and was lucky the flight was far from full so no problem with my carry-on

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.