Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Airtran Airways | A+ Rewards
Reload this Page >

Expedia and AirTran sign 4 year Partnership - What does this mean?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K

I pulled this off the Business News Wire and I am wondering what this really means. I am confused as I thought Expedia already sells Air Tran tickets as do every other online agancy. Can someone tell me what the significance of this event means?

"8:02AM Expedia and AirTran Airways announce the signing of a new four-year strategic partnership (EXPE) 17.60 : AirTran Airways, a subsidiary of AirTran Holdings (AAI), and EXPE announce the signing of a new 4-yr strategic partnership. Through the agreement, AirTran Airways' full range of products and services, including all fares, schedules and inventory, will be marketed through Expedia.com. "
Old Nov 20, 2006, 7:17 pm

Programs: HH Gold, NW Silver
I remember a while back seeing AirTran flights available on Expedia, but the past couple years or so they haven't been there.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 11:18 pm

Programs: UA Premier, Starwood Gold
AirTran stopped using Expedia in October 05 if memory serves me correctly. Most of the tickets being booked on AirTran came through the AirTran.com site with a minority of tickets being booked via alternative sources. Follow this link for more:

http://www.m-travel.com/news/2005/10/airtran_airways.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.