Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Airtran Airways | A+ Rewards
Reload this Page >

Increased one-ways needed for new Airtran Elite status (20 in 3 months, 50 in 1 year)

Increased one-ways needed for new Airtran Elite status (20 in 3 months, 50 in 1 year)

Old Sep 21, 13, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott/SPG Gold
False alarm: inc. one ways for new FL Elite status (20 in 3 months, 50 in 1 year)?

Nevermind, see below , sorry for the false alarm!

While on hold with Airtran, one of the advertisement/messages had revised one-way flights required to earn Airtran Elite status... possibly putting it closer/in-line with A-List Preferred (A+) on SW. The revisions are not updated on the website from what I can see. Luckily (cough), I've already listened to the message three times while on hold to verify what I heard .

New requirements (possibly old, un-updated requirements):
20 one way flights in 3 months
50 one way flights in 1 year

Old requirements (possibly just the current, updated requirements):
10 one way flights in 90 day period
25 one way flights in 1 year

Unknown requirements for renewal of elite status -- mine still states 12 one way flights needed (10 remaining in my case).

Last edited by pykerl; Sep 23, 13 at 3:00 pm Reason: disregard, false alarm
Old Sep 22, 13, 6:15 am

The websites still has the old new requirements.

How do I become an Elite member?

A+ Rewards members who earn 10 or more A+ flight credits within any 90-day period or earn 25 A+ flight credits in any 365-day period will now be qualified for A+ Rewards Elite membership*

*Reduced Elite qualification levels effective 4/22/09. A+ flight credits are earned when traveling on paid reservations. Flight credits are not awarded for reward travel.
I think the message may have been an old one from the days before they reduced the requirements in 2009. It seems odd that they would increase the requirements for a program that is going to be phased out.
Old Sep 22, 13, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott/SPG Gold
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112 View Post
The websites still has the old new requirements.

I think the message may have been an old one from the days before they reduced the requirements in 2009. It seems odd that they would increase the requirements for a program that is going to be phased out.
Ah, got it. I guess I've never listened that carefully to the phone messages in the past and probably didn't notice.
Old Sep 22, 13, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by pykerl View Post
Ah, got it. I guess I've never listened that carefully to the phone messages in the past and probably didn't notice.
AirTran last week sent me an email over Tad Hutcheson's signature.

An ex-VP who's been at Delta for nearly two years.
Old Sep 25, 13, 12:05 pm

Guess they're not very interested in updating anything at Airtran since it will eventually (or will it?) be phased out.

Search this Thread