Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Southwest Flights on Airtran Website?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2013, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Southwest Flights on Airtran Website?

I understand that they are a long way from full connectivity, but on jointly served routes, why on earth don't the websites show all of each carrier's nonstop flights?
For example, I was just searching ATL-PHL, and the FL website shows some WN non-stops, and lots of FL/WN connections. But when I checked the WN website there were several more WN non-stops. Makes little sense to me.

BTW, has anyone found FL flights cheaper on the WN site?
Old Jun 10, 2013, 6:54 pm

Programs: I fly for free.
Full connectivity is deployed.

All FL flights are showing on Southwest.com
Some WN flights are showing on AirTran.com

The reason why only some show is not all WN flights are codeshared while all FL flights are.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 7:04 pm

Programs: AMEX Plat, Hyatt Explorist, JetBlue Mosaic, Wyndham Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by PA42
Full connectivity is deployed.

All FL flights are showing on Southwest.com
Some WN flights are showing on AirTran.com

The reason why only some show is not all WN flights are codeshared while all FL flights are.
But this is not true. None of the international FL flights are on Southwest.com and none of the red-eye FL flights to ATL are on Southwest.com. There may be more...
Old Jun 11, 2013, 12:18 am

Programs: My opinions are my own and not that of my employer(s)
Originally Posted by OC_Matt
But this is not true. None of the international FL flights are on Southwest.com and none of the red-eye FL flights to ATL are on Southwest.com. There may be more...
International flights are forwarded to Airtran.com

The one LAX-ATL red-eye should be available on Southwest but isn't. Connections from that flight probably will never be due to Southwest's reservation system's limitations.

But the non-stop O&D IMO surely should be. There are other bookable WN flights arriving after midnight.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 12:32 am

Theres always exception to the rule...

International flights are booked on FL because WN systems cannot (yet) handle them + FL red-eyes have no code-share behind them for the same reason.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 9:29 pm

Theres always exception to the rule...

International flights are booked on FL because WN systems cannot (yet) handle them + FL red-eyes have no code-share behind them for the same reason.
WN has many flights in the system arriving after midnight. I can see connections from the LAX-ATL redeyes not being supported. But for O&D purposes why not add it?
Old Jun 11, 2013, 11:26 pm

WN has many flights in the system arriving after midnight. I can see connections from the LAX-ATL redeyes not being supported. But for O&D purposes why not add it?
The cutoff is not at midnight. It is at 2-3am Central (I forget which without double checking parameters) Hence every red-eye is out.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 1:17 am

The cutoff is not at midnight. It is at 2-3am Central (I forget which without double checking parameters) Hence every red-eye is out.
Dumb question but since only the LAX-ATL redeye would be in the mix can that be changed to 6am?
Old Jun 12, 2013, 12:33 pm

Wouldnt help unfortunately. Trust me, everything has been tried when it comes to this. Its not only one system as well...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.