Wiki Posts
Search

Question re: Buying up to Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2013, 8:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL
Question re: Buying up to Business Class

I have an upcoming flight on FL ATL-LGA. I don't fly FL often and am wondering how the buy-up program works. I searched a little bit and I assume, if available, I'll have the option when I check in online for my flight? If I buy up, will I receive all the benefits of a normal business class passenger (2 free checked bags, elite security line? any Airtran credit bonus for flying in the front?)

Thanks for any help. Flight is on a Friday morning, monday morning return, if it matters.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 8:41 pm

Since you are traveling on busy days and route for business travelers, I would suggest calling AirTran about five minutes prior to 24 hours before scheduled departure time, to get the best shot at upgrading. They should not charge you the phone fee to process the upgrade on the phone. Have your credit card and confirmation number available, when you call.

The only benefit you do not receive for the upgrade is the 1/2 bonus credit. You have access to the priority security lane, two free checked bags, free premium beverages, priority boarding, etc.; the only perk that would be available in First Class that's not provided in FL's BC is meal service.

Since the upgrades are popular with business travelers, make sure you do the upgrade promptly, while upgrade space is available.

If you want to check on BC space for your flights, a reliable source is http://www.flightstats.com/go/Flight...vailability.do, where you can view realtime availability.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 4:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL
Thanks for the quick response. Ill take your advice and call a few minutes prior to the 24Hr mark.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.