Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schedule Extension

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2013, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by PA42
Its happening this friday night.
No extension. Airtran Fail!
Old Feb 2, 2013, 6:45 am

I was hoping you knew and were right(!)

Still no extension... found something on Southwest's page: "We are currently accepting air reservations through August 9, 2013. On February 4, 2013, we will open our schedule for sale through September 27, 2013. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently. "

While obviously we're not talking Southwest, there's a reasonable probability that as the same entity and the fact that they both currently have flight schedules open to August 9th would suggest AirTran's schedule may open up this coming Monday.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by skagen

Still no extension... found something on Southwest's page: "We are currently accepting air reservations through August 9, 2013. On February 4, 2013, we will open our schedule for sale through September 27, 2013. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently. "

While obviously we're not talking Southwest, there's a reasonable probability that as the same entity and the fact that they both currently have flight schedules open to August 9th would suggest AirTran's schedule may open up this coming Monday.
I think you are right. They have been matching SWA on schedules.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Interesting: The extension is showing on Yahoo travel, but are not bookable. Must be getting close.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 8:52 am

I called them, the customer service rep told me from now on they will be matching southwest's schedule.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by VegasJim
I called them, the customer service rep told me from now on they will be matching southwest's schedule.
We did the same (before you posted) the rep had no idea. Airtran.com now lists flights past Aug 9-but no fares.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 9:32 am

Programs: I fly for free.
Not a fail. Wait for inventory to load.

I do know, and am right.

there's a reasonable probability that as the same entity and the fact that they both currently have flight schedules open to August 9th would suggest AirTran's schedule may open up this coming Monday.
No there is no probability of that happening. Its already happened my friend.

Last edited by PA42; Feb 2, 2013 at 9:44 am
Old Feb 2, 2013, 9:44 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, UA Silver, JetBlue Mosaic
Still no schedule extension past 8/9

I'm afraid not. As of Sat. Feb. 2,nearly noon:

>>Flight schedule currently open through 8/9/13. Will extend for future bookings in Jan. 2013. <<

And it's not just a failure to update the notice on the home page; it's not possible to book beyond 8/9.

Anybody notice (sorry if posted elsewhere) that the AirTran mobile app has gone away? Users now are sent to regular web site.

Just more nails in the coffin, I realize.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 9:50 am

I'm afraid not. As of Sat. Feb. 2,nearly noon:

>>Flight schedule currently open through 8/9/13. Will extend for future bookings in Jan. 2013. <<

And it's not just a failure to update the notice on the home page; it's not possible to book beyond 8/9.
Actually it is.

Why dont you post a screenshot of MDW-CUN on 8/20/13 + the front homepage of airtran.com and report your findings here if you believe it to not be true. Like I said, wait for inventory to load completely and have some patience while everything syncs up.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 10:24 am

Not a fail. Wait for inventory to load.

I do know, and am right.

No there is no probability of that happening. Its already happened my friend.
Well, Friday night didn't happen.

But it sure did become available, you're right (slowly, I still don't see coach awards available). Nevertheless booked the family of 4 in business w/ awards so it's all moot now .
Old Feb 2, 2013, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Correct did not happen until about noon Saturday. Not a big deal, but the fares are crazy. One way to Aruba (BWI-AUA) $227 in early August. $504 on August 10. I think they need to load all buckets.

(looks like coach and Bus Class are the same price. Still more loading to go.)

Last edited by Mr. Vker; Feb 2, 2013 at 11:06 am
Old Feb 2, 2013, 11:47 am

Guys if I may for a second as y'all are an impatient group . The AirTran schedule whether a refresh or an extension always happens on Friday nights. Depending on the content of the schedule it takes various processes to work their way into the public domain sometimes a few hours longer than at other times (and for example if you look directly into the GDS you can see changes sometimes before they appear on AirTran.com), nothing less nothing more.

Last edited by PA42; Feb 2, 2013 at 11:54 am
Old Feb 2, 2013, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Guys if I may for a second as y'all are an impatient group. The AirTran schedule whether a refresh or an extension always happens on Friday nights. Depending on the content of the schedule it takes various processes to work their way into the public domain sometimes a few hours longer than at other times (and for example if you look directly into the GDS you can see changes sometimes before they appear on AirTran.com), nothing less nothing more.
IMPATIENT??? Fair enough.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 12:10 pm

For anyone who cannot stand the suspense and wants to view current lowest available fares, check OTAs, i.e. Expedia or Travelocity.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 1:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Considering PA42 is one of the most forthcoming industry employees you'll find in these forums, I'd cut him a little slack.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.