Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Airtran Airways | A+ Rewards
Reload this Page >

New AirTran credit card: Targeted (?) offer for 32 credits!!

Old Mar 22, 2014, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: italdesign
Application link (as of March 23, 2014): https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?CELL=626D&PROMO=DF01&SPID=F2SK

No landing page available.
Print Wikipost

New AirTran credit card: Targeted (?) offer for 32 credits!!

 
Old May 21, 2014, 10:46 am
  #226  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5,813
Originally Posted by nsx
I thought it was no longer possible to get an AirTran credit card. Because if it's possible I want to get one too!
Why?
rsteinmetz70112 is offline  
Old May 21, 2014, 11:05 am
  #227  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 413
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
Why?
Because Airtran credits will be converted to Southwest points come November. If you have already signed up for the two Southwest Credit Cards you can still get the sign up bonus for Airtran.

My question is: When they convert the Airtran card to Southwest, will you no longer be eligible for the Premier/Plus version of the Southwest card it gets converted to?
dangw20 is offline  
Old May 21, 2014, 11:25 am
  #228  
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: California
Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Posts: 21,562
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
Why?
Because the link on the AirTran website now points to a Southwest credit card offer.
nsx is offline  
Old May 21, 2014, 11:32 am
  #229  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5,813
Originally Posted by nsx
Because the link on the AirTran website now points to a Southwest credit card offer.
But why do you want the Airtran card, soon to be converted into a Southwest card?
rsteinmetz70112 is offline  
Old May 21, 2014, 11:40 am
  #230  
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: California
Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Posts: 21,562
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
But why do you want the Airtran card, soon to be converted into a Southwest card?
For signup bonus and upgrades. But I'm too late. Oh well.
nsx is offline  
Old May 21, 2014, 11:40 am
  #231  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Posts: 3,627
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
But why do you want the Airtran card, soon to be converted into a Southwest card?
To paragraph another member, since I can't find their post:

I had to double check to make sure I'm on Flyertalk.

To get the sign up bonus, of course!
italdesign is offline  
Old May 21, 2014, 12:15 pm
  #232  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5,813
Originally Posted by nsx
For signup bonus and upgrades. But I'm too late. Oh well.
The sign up bonus of 32 credits + 2 upgrades = 40 credits = 48,000 points is less that the current Southwest promotion and less flexible, since you can convert the points into the equivalent Credits and have 2,000 points left over.

I doubt Chase would approve it if you already had 2 Southwest cards, but they might.
rsteinmetz70112 is offline  
Old May 21, 2014, 1:48 pm
  #233  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 277
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
The sign up bonus of 32 credits + 2 upgrades = 40 credits = 48,000 points is less that the current Southwest promotion and less flexible, since you can convert the points into the equivalent Credits and have 2,000 points left over.

I doubt Chase would approve it if you already had 2 Southwest cards, but they might.
I had 2 SW cards, and they approved me for an Airtran card. And the credits will be just as flexable as SW points come November, since they will be RR points.


I got my Airtran Card back in late Feb. But I never received my upgrade vouchers. I did get my 32 credits which I used to book tickets to Punta Cana.
daw4888 is offline  
Old May 21, 2014, 2:21 pm
  #234  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5,813
Originally Posted by daw4888
But I never received my upgrade vouchers. I did get my 32 credits which I used to book tickets to Punta Cana.
I'd call Airtran about that.

I had some vouchers from another program and they were just sitting in some unnamed account. I never got a notice. I eventually talked to Airtran and got it straightened out. They might be willing to convert those vouchers to credits.
rsteinmetz70112 is offline  
Old May 21, 2014, 4:52 pm
  #235  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: DFW
Programs: AA 1M
Posts: 31,414
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
The sign up bonus of 32 credits + 2 upgrades = 40 credits = 48,000 points is less that the current Southwest promotion and less flexible, since you can convert the points into the equivalent Credits and have 2,000 points left over.

I doubt Chase would approve it if you already had 2 Southwest cards, but they might.
The upgrades also convert to points?

Where can I find the upgrades in my AirTran online account?
UA Fan is offline  
Old May 21, 2014, 5:06 pm
  #236  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Posts: 3,627
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
The sign up bonus of 32 credits + 2 upgrades = 40 credits = 48,000 points is less that the current Southwest promotion and less flexible, since you can convert the points into the equivalent Credits and have 2,000 points left over.
48K < 50K.

But 48K + 50K > 50K



Anyway, too bad I didn't max it out, but it was an alright sacrifice for the inquiry I needed for the Citi 100K card.
italdesign is offline  
Old May 22, 2014, 8:26 am
  #237  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 413
Does anyone know whether you will still be able to get the sign up bonus on the Southwest version of the card that Airtran gets converted to if you haven't had it yet?

For example, if they convert the Airtran card to the Southwest Plus version...if I didn't already get the sign up bonus on the Plus before, will I be able to sign up for it and get the sign up bonus even after my Airtran card has been converted to the Plus?
dangw20 is offline  
Old May 22, 2014, 8:35 am
  #238  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5,813
Originally Posted by UA Fan
The upgrades also convert to points?

Where can I find the upgrades in my AirTran online account?
They should. You can also call Airtran and try to get them converted into credits.

As to where you can find them in your account I don't they they are listed. You will probably need to call Airtran and have them tell you the voucher number.
rsteinmetz70112 is offline  
Old May 22, 2014, 12:32 pm
  #239  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 277
Originally Posted by dangw20
Does anyone know whether you will still be able to get the sign up bonus on the Southwest version of the card that Airtran gets converted to if you haven't had it yet?

For example, if they convert the Airtran card to the Southwest Plus version...if I didn't already get the sign up bonus on the Plus before, will I be able to sign up for it and get the sign up bonus even after my Airtran card has been converted to the Plus?
Normally no, you would not get the Signup Bonus. Thats why you should cancel your Airtran card before that happens.
daw4888 is offline  
Old Jun 25, 2014, 10:34 pm
  #240  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Posts: 3,627
Fellas, I'm pretty sure the sign up bonus that I signed up for included 2 business class upgrades. However, I have searched my email for keyword "AirTran" and gone through all my snail mail and found no sign of it. I signed up 3 months ago and already got my 32 credits so I should have received the upgrades by now. Do you guys recall how you received it? If by email, who was the sender?

Also, was it sent to the email registered with AirTran, or the email registered with Chase (if different, which is my case)?
italdesign is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.