Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Airtran Airways | A+ Rewards
Reload this Page >

Bag fees on FL planes painted with WN livery?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bag fees on FL planes painted with WN livery?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2012, 9:08 am

Programs: I fly for free.
Does FL put passengers on WN flights when FL has maintenance issues? Is it possible those FL pax are paying for bags that travel on WN planes while the WN pax are not?
Only in special circumstances however it does not matter because your contract of carriage is with the airline who you bought the ticket with and not the operating carrier. Might as well be JetBlue operating for FL and you'd have the same thing, or vice versa if SWA passengers flew on FL for any reason.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 8:37 pm

Programs: Frequent Flyer
Originally Posted by travelingfool23
Does FL put passengers on WN flights when FL has maintenance issues? Is it possible those FL pax are paying for bags that travel on WN planes while the WN pax are not?
No. WN will operate as WN, FL will operate as FL. The two will not mix and slowly the FL planes will be absorbed into the WN livery.

I've enjoyed watching ya'll want the free bags on FL but don't want to fly on WN.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 10:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Originally Posted by Eemraldskies
I've enjoyed watching ya'll want the free bags on FL but don't want to fly on WN.
Many of us (if not most on here) are A+ Elite members and already enjoy the benefit of free bags on FL. WN really doesn't have any added benefits to offer us thus far.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 5:53 am

No. WN will operate as WN, FL will operate as FL. The two will not mix and slowly the FL planes will be absorbed into the WN livery.

You actually think the bags fly free on WN? You don't think the cost of the bags is built in to every fare?

I actually like bag fees. Why not just charge the people who actually check a bag, instead of making passengers who don't check bags subsidize that service for others who use it.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 6:32 am

Nothing is free. SWA only wants you to think bags fly free. @:-)
Old Apr 3, 2012, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RSVP
Nothing is free. SWA only wants you to think bags fly free. @:-)
^ high school economics right there - maybe most of WN's target market didn't reach that level

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.