Wiki Posts
Search

seats 10a/c

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2011, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Priority Club, HiltonHonors, US Airways Dividend Miles, Airtran A+
seats 10a/c

Seatguru states that these seats on the 717-200 are locked by the airline for people with mobility issues and are only available on the day of the flight. I have recently had an ankle injury and will be using crutches. Am I able to select these seats when checking in online, do I need to see the check-in agent or the gate agent?
Old Mar 29, 2011, 9:19 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Originally Posted by jstapel1
Seatguru states that these seats on the 717-200 are locked by the airline for people with mobility issues and are only available on the day of the flight. I have recently had an ankle injury and will be using crutches. Am I able to select these seats when checking in online, do I need to see the check-in agent or the gate agent?
Bulkhead seats cannot be accessed online. You will need to see a GA.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 2:21 pm

Call up a CSR and do it beforehand

If you wait until you get to the gate, the seats will be gone.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 4:35 pm

Row 10 is under airport control. They won't assign that row until you arrive at the airport. That said, it did show up as available during OLCI once. I suspect that may have been a system glitch.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by jstapel1
You could possibly call reservations and let them know and possibly get assigned to 10 D,E,or F. Especially if you let them know you need a wheel chair. 10 A&C are the last to be assigned, usually at the gate because IF someone had a wheelchair and they want it in the cabin, that is the only place to strap the w/c in. No one could sit in 10 A&C in that situation. And according to the ADA, they do not have to give us advance notice that they want to take their w/c on board. They can wait until they board to let us know, even if everyone is boarded and everyone is in their seats. Even if the flight were totally booked, we would have to bump whoever is in 10 A&C off of the flight to allow someone to put their w/c there. So to avoid that situation, we hold on to those seats until last.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 2:56 am
Original Poster

I was able to get 10a/c at the gate for our first leg. Nothing in 10 was open on the second leg
Old Mar 31, 2011, 7:44 pm

Minute I saw the 133 I thought, oh what a day to be flying into TPA/MCO or anywhere close to that area. Glad to see 133 made it in with only the smallest of delays compared to other flights FL had in that region today.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyboy7974
Minute I saw the 133 I thought, oh what a day to be flying into TPA/MCO or anywhere close to that area. Glad to see 133 made it in with only the smallest of delays compared to other flights FL had in that region today.
It was a bumpy ride in that's for sure. They had a 95 minute ramp closure right after we landed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.