Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Airtran Airways | A+ Rewards
Reload this Page >

Paying for an Exit Row, then upgrading to Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2011, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US CP, CO PE, Avis First, National EE

Sorry if this has been asked on here, I couldn't see where this was answered.

My father is flying FLL>LEX and paid $20 for an Exit row seat when purchasing the ticket. What happens if he wants to upgrade to business at check in? Does he lose the $20 he paid for the Exit Row or do they somehow apply it to the upgrade fee? I'm assuming FLL>LEX is a short haul $49 upgrade. Any insight is much appreciated.

Many Thanks
DCAMatt
Old Jan 17, 2011, 6:37 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glob, CC Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by DCAMatt

My father is flying FLL>LEX and paid $20 for an Exit row seat when purchasing the ticket. What happens if he wants to upgrade to business at check in? Does he lose the $20 he paid for the Exit Row or do they somehow apply it to the upgrade fee? I'm assuming FLL>LEX is a short haul $49 upgrade. Any insight is much appreciated.

Many Thanks
DCAMatt
If upgrades are available at T-24, the $20 exit row fee can be applied to an upgrade (only costing $29 more for the short haul upgrade). Not sure if you can process the adjustment online, but the phone reps can definitely take care of it for you. Give it a shot, and let us know how it goes.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 10:06 pm

Programs: DL DM & 5MM, WN
Not too long ago, Elites had to pay for exit row seating and were usually upgraded to Business for free. AirTran always credited back the money spent on the exit row seat; I usually used the on-line credit to reserve the next exit row seat -- kind of like a refundable bottle deposit.

Now the exit row is free for elites, so I haven't seen the refund at work in the last six months or so, but I expect he will only pay the difference.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 10:16 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
He will be charged on for the difference. Heading down Ft Myers this week end..looking for a T-24
Old Jan 17, 2011, 10:39 pm

Programs: My opinions are my own and not that of my employer(s)
Originally Posted by DCAMatt

Many Thanks
DCAMatt
It will be credited against the upgrade so the remaining amount will be $29.

If he's also checking a bag ($20) or two ($45) that makes the BC upgrade a real deal with two free bags with the UG.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by jdawg
If upgrades are available at T-24, the $20 exit row fee can be applied to an upgrade (only costing $29 more for the short haul upgrade). Not sure if you can process the adjustment online, but the phone reps can definitely take care of it for you. Give it a shot, and let us know how it goes.
This can be done at OLCI, the $20.00 will automatically be deducted from the upgrade fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.