Old Jan 16, 2024, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: I wish :'(
Chase Sapphire Lounge at LGA

Location: LGA Terminal B, east side, post security, main hall

Hours: 4:30AM until 9:30PM daily

Via OMAAT:
https://onemileatatime.com/news/chas...ardia-airport/

Going to probably be checking this one out in a couple weeks.
cuthroat and heresabe like this.

Last edited by yitianjian; Jan 16, 2024 at 8:03 am Reason: location + hours
Old Jan 16, 2024, 9:20 am

Same, I will be there in a few weeks. I am excited to see and compare this lounge to the Boston (BOS) location!
This lounge also looks very spacious at almost 22,000 square feet.
lowfareair likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2024, 9:56 am

I'll also be by next month and looking forward to it - luckily I was supposed to fly through LGA 2 days ago but it got pushed back a few weeks at the last minute.

Someone got a press peek and did a pretty thorough review here (although it sounds like they may be a bit of a picky eater): https://eyeoftheflyer.com/2024/01/16...irport-review/

For the private suites, we're going to see the opposite of Centurion lounges where Plats complain they can't sit at an open table with the black 'reserved' card. Instead, it'll be "I'm Chase Private Client, why do we have to pay $3,000 for a suite?! That price should be for the plebs!"
Old Jan 16, 2024, 12:45 pm

those restrictions for chase sapphire preferred card holders...yikes!
Old Jan 16, 2024, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by michael1023
those restrictions for chase sapphire preferred card holders...yikes!
What restrictions? You can't even get in as a CSP holder! I guess that is a restriction...

I'll have to check it out next time I fly out of LGA.
Old Jan 16, 2024, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
What restrictions? You can't even get in as a CSP holder! I guess that is a restriction...

I'll have to check it out next time I fly out of LGA.
i believe CSP card holders get 1 visit per year. so exciting. AND have to pay for a guest.
Old Jan 16, 2024, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
i believe CSP card holders get 1 visit per year. so exciting. AND have to pay for a guest.
Where are you seeing this? Chase website says no.

https://account.chase.com/sapphire-airport-lounge

...complimentary lounge access is not a benefit for Chase Sapphire Preferred.
Old Jan 16, 2024, 5:46 pm

• Those with a Priority Pass membership issued through any other means can access any Chase Sapphire Lounge in the United States once per calendar year at no additional cost (that’s one visit across all lounges, not per lounge), and guests aren’t complimentary; subsequent visits, as well as guests, will be charged an entry fee of $75.
from OMAAT website.

i guess i meant via priority pass, not an actual chase card.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 7:02 am

• Those with a Priority Pass membership issued through any other means can access any Chase Sapphire Lounge in the United States once per calendar year at no additional cost (that’s one visit across all lounges, not per lounge), and guests aren’t complimentary; subsequent visits, as well as guests, will be charged an entry fee of $75.
from OMAAT website.

i guess i meant via priority pass, not an actual chase card.
Yep, this has been known since the BOS lounge opened last May - it's there because Chase wants to market to other card providers, but if you compare the BOS/LGA offerings to, say, your average The Club lounge (even newer/nicer ones like CHS/CLT), it's easy to see why they are limiting it given PP normally pays about $25 per entry:
  • The Club: Light sandwiches, maybe a pasta dish and soup at the buffet. Chase: Full menu, including pub burger, seared salmon, and higher end light bites available both at the buffet and made-to-order
  • The Club: Rail drinks that a decent bar would have (Skyy Vodka, Sauza Tequila, Jim Beam, J&B Scotch). Chase: Alcohol options that are 1-2 steps up (Tito's, Espolon, Makers/Elijah Craig, Laphroaig 10)
  • The Club: A few mixers for common drinks. Chase: Large amount of mixers that allow for them to make craft cocktails
  • The Club: Most non-alcoholic drinks only available behind bar or at dispensers. Chase: Cans/Bottles of many drinks, including an expanded range with coconut water, cold brew, etc
  • The Club: Rarely any amenities beyond their food/drink/restrooms. Chase: Has additional complimentary amenities like the facial area, showers, quiet rooms, etc
  • The Club: More utilitarian with some design elements. Chase: Some of the best decor/design of any contract/bank lounge in the US.
You probably know most of that, but it's why they limit access, and the only reason they have access to begin with is to get people hooked with "first one's free" and hope they get a CSR. Although, be thankful that Chase is offering access at all to non-CSR cardholders. The CSP is $95/year, they won't be offering any real free lounge access at that price. Try going into a Centurion Lounge with just your Priority Pass without getting turned away.
MDtR-Chicago likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 7:40 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lowfareair
Yep, this has been known since the BOS lounge opened last May - it's there because Chase wants to market to other card providers, but if you compare the BOS/LGA offerings to, say, your average The Club lounge (even newer/nicer ones like CHS/CLT), it's easy to see why they are limiting it given PP normally pays about $25 per entry:
  • The Club: Light sandwiches, maybe a pasta dish and soup at the buffet. Chase: Full menu, including pub burger, seared salmon, and higher end light bites available both at the buffet and made-to-order
  • The Club: Rail drinks that a decent bar would have (Skyy Vodka, Sauza Tequila, Jim Beam, J&B Scotch). Chase: Alcohol options that are 1-2 steps up (Tito's, Espolon, Makers/Elijah Craig, Laphroaig 10)
  • The Club: A few mixers for common drinks. Chase: Large amount of mixers that allow for them to make craft cocktails
  • The Club: Most non-alcoholic drinks only available behind bar or at dispensers. Chase: Cans/Bottles of many drinks, including an expanded range with coconut water, cold brew, etc
  • The Club: Rarely any amenities beyond their food/drink/restrooms. Chase: Has additional complimentary amenities like the facial area, showers, quiet rooms, etc
  • The Club: More utilitarian with some design elements. Chase: Some of the best decor/design of any contract/bank lounge in the US.
You probably know most of that, but it's why they limit access, and the only reason they have access to begin with is to get people hooked with "first one's free" and hope they get a CSR. Although, be thankful that Chase is offering access at all to non-CSR cardholders. The CSP is $95/year, they won't be offering any real free lounge access at that price. Try going into a Centurion Lounge with just your Priority Pass without getting turned away.
you can get access to this with the ritz Carlton card. It’s arguably even better access than the CSR as technically you have unlimited guests.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by WasKnown
you can get access to this with the ritz Carlton card. It’s arguably even better access than the CSR as technically you have unlimited guests.
Yes, and the JPM Reserve card as well. Ritz also requires having a different card for a year before PCing. Didn't want to go through the entire access slate as it just adds more complexity to the post.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 11:58 am

i get all that, but the days of lounge access via a credit card being a "perk" are over, at least IMO. not only are the lounges charging for guests now, now they are starting to put limits on how many times once can even access the lounge per year.

dont get me wrong, i still keep the amex plat and CSP for other perks, benefits etc, but definitely not for the lounge access.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 12:54 pm

i get all that, but the days of lounge access via a credit card being a "perk" are over, at least IMO. not only are the lounges charging for guests now, now they are starting to put limits on how many times once can even access the lounge per year.

dont get me wrong, i still keep the amex plat and CSP for other perks, benefits etc, but definitely not for the lounge access.
Not sure what you're talking about. This lounge is accessible an unlimited number of times with at least 3 different credit cards: CSR, JPM Reserve, Ritz Carlton. The only people who don't get unlimited access are the non-Chase Priority Pass members, and if anything, that is better than what Amex/Cap1 have offered all Priority Pass members as a non-Plat/Centurion/DL Reserve holder gets exactly 0 Centurion Lounge visits per year, free or paid.
SPN Lifer, TGarza and cuthroat like this.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 5:59 am

Programs: AA/UA/DL

Someone got a press peek and did a pretty thorough review here (although it sounds like they may be a bit of a picky eater):
We can confirm this. Both of us felt the food presentation was beautiful but we would go to AMEX Centurion for food and Sapphire lounge for its atmosphere.

Here is a short video I just took. I will post the full video soon.

Old Jan 19, 2024, 4:04 pm

Not sure what you're talking about. This lounge is accessible an unlimited number of times with at least 3 different credit cards: CSR, JPM Reserve, Ritz Carlton. The only people who don't get unlimited access are the non-Chase Priority Pass members, and if anything, that is better than what Amex/Cap1 have offered all Priority Pass members as a non-Plat/Centurion/DL Reserve holder gets exactly 0 Centurion Lounge visits per year, free or paid.
Out of curiosity, I wonder why they route access through priority pass. Why not simply require people to present the eligible cards for entry?
willoL likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.