Wiki Posts
Search

A list of bad Priority Pass lounges

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2023, 1:30 am
Suspended
Original Poster

A list of bad Priority Pass lounges

Some of the lounges contracted with Priority Pass are quite bad, borderline disgusting. Let's start a list of these bad PP lounges.
I will start with Sky lounge Vienna: dirty, low quality furnishing, low quality food(ham, cheese, bread, soy sauce soup or cream soup, basic alcohol). No restrooms in the lounge.
This lounge seems to gather many low quality customers(multiple people, not same group, took shoes off and put bare foot on chairs, sofas). But this is not the lounge's fault. It's due to the fact that PP membership is practically free for many credit card holders.
LoungeGuide likes this.

Last edited by AfterHour; Oct 16, 2023 at 1:48 am
Old Oct 16, 2023, 7:31 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
See also: The worst airport lounge in the world (by Air India)
Old Oct 16, 2023, 8:12 am

Programs: EB*D, M&M, IHG, Hilton Hhonors
Originally Posted by AfterHour
Some of the lounges contracted with Priority Pass are quite bad, borderline disgusting. Let's start a list of these bad PP lounges.
I will start with Sky lounge Vienna: dirty, low quality furnishing, low quality food(ham, cheese, bread, soy sauce soup or cream soup, basic alcohol). No restrooms in the lounge.
This lounge seems to gather many low quality customers(multiple people, not same group, took shoes off and put bare foot on chairs, sofas). But this is not the lounge's fault. It's due to the fact that PP membership is practically free for many credit card holders.
Are you mixing up lounges? I regularly visit the Sky Lounge and they always have several warm food options and the lounge also has restrooms.
Here is a recent review: https://onemileatatime.com/reviews/sky-lounge-vienna/

"low quality customers" also sounds fairly snobbish...
offerendum likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 2:37 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

This will be a long list.
MDTyKe, offerendum and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 8:49 am

I think the worst PP lounge I have been to was the Turkish Lounge Miami - Concourse E, here is my review. But, the Miami Turkish Lounge in Concourse H was actually very nice.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 7:33 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K Hilton Diamond
Just left OGG/Maui Premier Club. Was packed in a narrow rectangular space. Reminded me of a Greyhound bus terminal. Literally a bump out built into the terminal walkway.
smmrfld, O62, stndrdSDF and 2 others like this.
Old Oct 20, 2023, 7:55 am

[QUOTE=AfterHour;35667026]
This lounge seems to gather many low quality customers(multiple people, not same group, took shoes off and put bare foot on chairs, sofas). But this is not the lounge's fault. It's due to the fact that PP membership is practically free for many credit card holders.[/QUOTE]

I know, right?

How dare people who pay hundreds of dollars for a credit card get a "benefit" out of it.
---
Now that I think about it, I wish Priority Pass would give a small credit for a bottled drink/snack at airports where they don't exist ... or at airports where they, too realize that their lounges are terrible

More tilting at windmills.
Old Oct 20, 2023, 2:47 pm

Programs: IB+ Oro / OWS
NRT T2 I.A.S.S Executive Lounge 2
https://www.prioritypass.com/lounges...ecutive-lounge
Old Oct 21, 2023, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by csycsycsy
Japan has some rubbish Priority Pass lounges. Perhaps a couple of the NH ones are alright, but overall Japanese airports airside are a major letdown.
Old Oct 22, 2023, 11:31 am

Air France lounge at BOS - mouse city! (to be fair, the whole airport probably is too)
Old Oct 22, 2023, 6:49 pm

So subjective. I was in BLQ and BCN within the past two weeks. BLQ had crappy food and drink, was crowded, but friendly service. Since it was landside, those in the lounge could go through 'fast lane' security directly from the lounge.

BCN, again crowded, crappy food and drink, but it was still an oasis from the mass of people at BCN.
Old Oct 23, 2023, 12:30 am

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
JFK T4 Primeclass. Absolutely awful and every respect..

HNL IASS Lounge. Your dentist waiting room is nicer and has more amenities..
Old Oct 25, 2023, 12:46 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; AS 100k; BA Silver; UA Silver
Originally Posted by Oakshadow
JFK T4 Primeclass. Absolutely awful and every respect..

HNL IASS Lounge. Your dentist waiting room is nicer and has more amenities..
Primeclass isn't great and has no restrooms, but why did you find it to be awful?
Old Oct 25, 2023, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by hyedmd
Primeclass isn't great and has no restrooms, but why did you find it to be awful?
It's not bad outside of peak hours - food is okay but decent sparkling wine when I was there last month and some of the desserts weren't bad, like the Madelines.
Old Oct 25, 2023, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by hyedmd
A low-ceilinged florescent-lit packed dungeon with bare white walls, no decor, and hardly any power ports. Food and drink selections are subpar. Alcoholic drinks are only canned beer and white wine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.