Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Capital One Lounge at DFW

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2022, 10:36 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Visited the lounge yesterday. It was nice, but really not that big. I can see it getting crowded, but was pretty empty around 2pm on a Sunday. The food was ok, I wasn't blown away by it. Also tried one of the to-go turkey sandwiches and the bread was dry/hard.
I too noticed quite a few fruit flies, and it doesn't look like they do a good job of cleaning as there were crumbs everywhere. Even on/in between seat cushions.

And then the part that annoyed me. There are only about 5/6 of the red lounge chairs that face the windows. I noticed someone had left and an attendant had "cleaned" it so I decided to move and sit there. FWIW it still looked pretty dirty with crumbs everywhere on the floor, chairs, table etc) That's when the attendant shouts from about 10ft away, "Sir I actually cleaned that table for another couple." Said couple showed up a few minutes later. I wasn't aware there was any sort of reservation system for those seats. Is there a card higher than the Venture X (like a centurion) that gives special reserved seats within this lounge? It's not like the attendant knew the other guy was leaving at a certain time, as when he was getting up the attendant asked "Are you heading out sir?" Something about that whole situation just rubbed me the wrong way.
Had another 3hrs until my delayed flight, but I decided to just head over to the centurion lounge. Even though it was more crowded, felt more welcome and the little cubby seats are much more comfortable than the majority of the capital one lounge seats.

I'll give this lounge another chance next month. But I think I still prefer the centurion.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 10:59 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
Great lounge

First time in the lounge. Used to visit
the Centurion but cancelled my card with the new yearly fee. Have access to Admirals Club but will try the FL lounge in MIA later today so no need to visit the DFW lounges.

I like this lounge .. more spacious than the Centurion and definitely not as crowded but that might change as more people learn about it.

A beautiful space and well thought out .. lots of food and drink options. I could definitely spend a long layover here.

Food was good but the hummus was a flop. Hard pita bread and the hummus could use some more salt, lemon juice and a bit longer in the blender.

The frozen Irish coffee should not be missed
Old Feb 5, 2022, 5:41 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
I got a Venture X card just so I could use this lounge in DFW. Got my 100000 miles pretty quick. With the bonuses it makes this a $95 lounge membership and if I do it right free (prepaid). See my posts upthread. Back today heading to SCL. They had a little leak in the roof so a little part was partitioned off. Same great service, Great bar and bartender, decent food, not crowded. I did a lounge hop to the AC (fairly empty and quite sad compared to Venture X) and the Centurion. Massive crowd, food line 30 deep, no where to sit, crumbs all over the floor and screaming children without masks. Definitely a super spreader event. Almost certainly will downgrade my AMEX Plt card at the end of 2022. That was not an experience I want to repeat. Also I get better point use from the CSR. I see no value spending that much on the AMEX just to get mrs. boerne into the Centurion once a year. See post #31. We had a completely opposite experience. D lounge recap today- Centurion sucked, AC was sad, Venture X won. Ya'all please stay at the Centurion so the C1 lounge stays cool. Hope I didn't get Omicron at the Cent. All those maskless screaming kids......

Edit at 1928- Its very nice when the C1 lady comes by and asks if she can get us anything else. Also Cent closes at 730, booze over at 7, C1 open until 9.

Last edited by boerne; Feb 5, 2022 at 6:28 pm Reason: added data
Old Feb 7, 2022, 6:00 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
Came in when it opened at 6am. Few people entered after me but not enough to make it crowded.

Breakfast pics below:

One of the ladies remembered me from my visit last time and made sure I had everything. She would come by while I was eating to ask if I wanted coffee and I told her I would get it when done. She made sure that she would swing by every so often to see if I was done so she could get me my coffee. She did catch me almost finished and took my coffee order and bought it to me.

I think until the AC FL opens and if I have access when travelling, this will be my go to lounge in DFW.
chrisny2, dinoscool3 and boerne like this.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 9:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Arrivals allowed at this lounge or only outbounds?
Old Feb 14, 2022, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by gooseman13
Arrivals allowed at this lounge or only outbounds?
When I was there, I was told it was only outbounds and arrivals were not allowed. They did ask me for what my departing flight was but I don't think they checked a boarding pass.
gooseman13 likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 3:00 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by BThumme
When I was there, I was told it was only outbounds and arrivals were not allowed. They did ask me for what my departing flight was but I don't think they checked a boarding pass.
They've scanned my boarding pass on every visit.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 8:54 pm

Does anyone know when the C1 lounge at DEN will open? Thanks.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 8:29 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
Alright, I can finally give my 2 cents in this convo after paying for a day pass on Friday. This lounge makes the Centurion look like a glorified nightclub. As a Amex Plt cardholder, I've been through the DFW quite a few times, and every time I go, it seems to get more and more crowded, and more and more unpleasant. The C1 is the exact opposite. Quiet, relaxed, with a fantastic vibe. The staff were all extremely friendly, and were super proactive, constantly asking us if they could get us anything. The food was a 8.5/10, which is pretty damn good for a lounge. Obviously, some items were better than the others, like the cauliflower, mac n cheese, and pot pie, but there was nothing inedible. The shower suite was a nice touch, and the bathrooms were exceptionally clean and very high tech. I didn't have any drinks, nor did I use the relaxation/workout room, so I can't comment on any of that, but this is a lounge that, once it expands, is going to blow AMEX out of the water (at least until the guest policy takes effect).
Old Mar 9, 2022, 4:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, AA Platinum, United Silver
Originally Posted by FlyFreakquently
Alright, I can finally give my 2 cents in this convo after paying for a day pass on Friday. This lounge makes the Centurion look like a glorified nightclub. As a Amex Plt cardholder, I've been through the DFW quite a few times, and every time I go, it seems to get more and more crowded, and more and more unpleasant. The C1 is the exact opposite. Quiet, relaxed, with a fantastic vibe. The staff were all extremely friendly, and were super proactive, constantly asking us if they could get us anything. The food was a 8.5/10, which is pretty damn good for a lounge. Obviously, some items were better than the others, like the cauliflower, mac n cheese, and pot pie, but there was nothing inedible. The shower suite was a nice touch, and the bathrooms were exceptionally clean and very high tech. I didn't have any drinks, nor did I use the relaxation/workout room, so I can't comment on any of that, but this is a lounge that, once it expands, is going to blow AMEX out of the water (at least until the guest policy takes effect).
I was there last night and agree with all of this - especially the vibe. It actually felt a little special which was different than the Denver Centurion lounge (which I had been to earlier in the day).
FlyFreakquently likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 3:28 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
Originally Posted by FlyFreakquently
but this is a lounge that, once it expands, is going to blow AMEX out of the water (at least until the guest policy takes effect).
Do you mean the Amex guest policy going in to effect next year? If so, I am probably downgrading my Amex simply for that. I max the 240 streaming, the 200 travel on UA, the Clear, and use the Hilton and Marriott frequently. I am still struggling with the $70000 to have a guest in the Centurion in 2023 simply because of the sub par Centurions in DFW, PHL, and IAH and their time limitations. I am also interested in the Chase lounges, although that may be a bust because they are likely PP too. Anyway for now flying through DFW this is #1 with the AC #2, Centurion if I am feeling lucky. The way I am using the Venture X makes the club membership $95. I have PTSD from my last entry to the Centurion. I can do better with 70k on the CSR, and have.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 4:35 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by boerne
Do you mean the Amex guest policy going in to effect next year? If so, I am probably downgrading my Amex simply for that. I max the 240 streaming, the 200 travel on UA, the Clear, and use the Hilton and Marriott frequently. I am still struggling with the $70000 to have a guest in the Centurion in 2023 simply because of the sub par Centurions in DFW, PHL, and IAH and their time limitations. I am also interested in the Chase lounges, although that may be a bust because they are likely PP too. Anyway for now flying through DFW this is #1 with the AC #2, Centurion if I am feeling lucky. The way I am using the Venture X makes the club membership $95. I have PTSD from my last entry to the Centurion. I can do better with 70k on the CSR, and have.
Yep, the guest policy. The fact I won't be able to bring in a guest next year stings a bit, as my girlfriend is often with me when I transit through DFW and LAX (if it ever opens), but I'm willing to (selfishly) accept the changes if it means I won't be swimming upstream against a deluge of guests just to get a coffee 10ft away.
lowfareair likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by boerne
I'm really excited for the new Cent guest policy as it will dramatically lower the number of people in the clubs. Looking at my flying in 2021, for example, I would have had to guest someone in 4 times, and 2 of those were in DFW where I could access Cap1 or Plaza Premium instead with 2 free guests. I entered a Centurion lounge about 20 times, so I would view the $100 spent ($50 guest fee x 2) as an average $5 "thin the crowds" fee each time, which I would happily pay. Of course, I'm probably the exception as most people I entered with in 2021 had a Plat themselves, so I rarely was guesting someone in.

Also, it's not $75k spend to get a guest, it's $75k spend to waive the $50 entry fee for guests. Unless you buy well over $50k/year of airfare or will use 20+ free guest comps every year (valuing MR at a very conservative 1 cpp), it simply is not worth the effort to put that spend on the Plat as it costs north of 100k points transferring spend from higher earning cards to the Plat. You'd be better off just paying the $50 fee each time.
esc2476 likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 4:35 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

This afternoon, the lounge was the busiest that I have ever seen it. Not full, not crowded, but busy. More C1 cardholders than usual and the regular number of foreign carrier J passengers (LH and QR). Menu is the same, which is fine by me. If I were king, I would put signs above the food stations that said, "You Can Come Back for More." Too many people think that they are choosing their last meal.

I was troubled when I saw three AA crewmembers sit at the next table. I think one was a Venture X cardholder and two were her guests. I learned that uniformed crew with C1 cards are currently allowed to use the lounge. I was able to speak to a senior manager of Plaza Premium Group (the lounge operator) and shared my surprise and concern that uniformed crew are allowed entry. I shared that the Centurion Lounge and all the airline clubs prohibit uniformed crew members in the lounge. I also mentioned that once this becomes common knowledge among AA crew, they could overwhelm the lounge.

He asked me to write him an email about this issue, which I did, and I copied a PPG executive in Hong Kong. He also shared that Denver will likely be next C1 Lounge to open, maybe in 3Q, followed by Dulles, which is behind schedule, hopefully in Q4. He would neither confirm nor deny my rumor of the fourth location.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 5:08 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by dayone
This afternoon, the lounge was the busiest that I have ever seen it. Not full, not crowded, but busy. More C1 cardholders than usual and the regular number of foreign carrier J passengers (LH and QR). Menu is the same, which is fine by me. If I were king, I would put signs above the food stations that said, "You Can Come Back for More." Too many people think that they are choosing their last meal.

I was troubled when I saw three AA crewmembers sit at the next table. I think one was a Venture X cardholder and two were her guests. I learned that uniformed crew with C1 cards are currently allowed to use the lounge. I was able to speak to a senior manager of Plaza Premium Group (the lounge operator) and shared my surprise and concern that uniformed crew are allowed entry. I shared that the Centurion Lounge and all the airline clubs prohibit uniformed crew members in the lounge. I also mentioned that once this becomes common knowledge among AA crew, they could overwhelm the lounge.

He asked me to write him an email about this issue, which I did, and I copied a PPG executive in Hong Kong. He also shared that Denver will likely be next C1 Lounge to open, maybe in 3Q, followed by Dulles, which is behind schedule, hopefully in Q4. He would neither confirm nor deny my rumor of the fourth location.
FWIW, I recall seeing lots of AC crew in Plaza Premium Lounges in Canada.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.