Wiki Posts
Search

AC or StarAlliance lounge out of DOH? Hamad International in Doha, Qatar

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2021, 3:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Asiana Club
AC or StarAlliance lounge out of DOH? Hamad International in Doha, Qatar

I’ve recently flown to Doha via YYZ from YYC on Air Canada and looking to take the same route in reverse order back to Calgary mid-October.

It’s been 5 years since I’ve flown out of DOH and that was on QA’s Business Class, so I’m not sure if AC also has a Maple Leaf Lounge out of Doha especially since they now codeshare their flights with QA.

Insights would be greatly appreciated!
Old Oct 4, 2021, 11:06 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
The only MapleLeaf lounges located outside of North America are at FRA, LHR & CDG.

There is a PP lounge in DOH.

According to the Star Alliance lounge finder it doesn't seem AC has contracted a lounge but as they codeshare with QR on this maybe entry to a QR lounge has been arranged. Reach out to AC to confirm.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
The only MapleLeaf lounges located outside of North America are at FRA, LHR & CDG.

There is a PP lounge in DOH.

According to the Star Alliance lounge finder it doesn't seem AC has contracted a lounge but as they codeshare with QR on this maybe entry to a QR lounge has been arranged. Reach out to AC to confirm.
thanks! 👍
Old Oct 5, 2021, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Back to modus operundi for AC…..

I contacted AC via FB messenger, the agent responding said “you’ll have access if the lounge is open” however, no specification as to which lounge as there isn’t a Maple Leaf lounge. Asked if it’s the QA one, they said if you booked AC then not the QA one.

😒 I really hope there’ll be lounge access since I did spring for the whole Business class experience for a reason.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Looks like it’s the Oryx Lounge at Hamad International. Definitely no where as nice as a regular MLL or the QA Lounge. Definitely lack lustre. Almost makes me want to wait till the very last minute to get to the airport and just go directly to the gate. Definitely nothing to write home about

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.