FCO Rome Star Alliance Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2019, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,

Looking to use the Star Alliance Lounge at FCO which I understand is in Terminal 3. But my Lufthansa flight is out of Terminal 1. Is it possible to check in for my Lufthansa flight to MUC at Terminal 1, then walk to the Lounge in Terminal 3, then back to Terminal 1 for the departure?

Thank you, appreciate your help and information.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any indication when ANY lounge will re-open at FCO?
Old Sep 19, 2020, 12:38 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
An update from yesterday.

My A3 boarding pass welcomed me to the Star Alliance Lounge, but...the other concourses are now blocked off from public access immediately after security. This means the Star Alliance Lounge is off limits until traffic picks up and non-E gates are actually needed.

On the bright side, the Plaza Premium Lounge opened September 10th and is a nice place to relax pre-departure (the BA Lounge next door and nearby Casa Alitalia remain closed) which is frustrating for frequent travellers like myself.
flyertalker28120 likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 4:50 am

Is Plaza Premium Lounge open for *G guests? I doubt it right?

I read that the AviaPartner Prima Vista lounge is open though. Does that give access?

The *A webpage lounge finder does not give a result for FCO

Last edited by jerry_greece; Oct 4, 2020 at 4:57 am
Old Sep 29, 2021, 4:53 am

Programs: UA GS
Lounge is re-open. For anyone who has been, how does access work in relation to the E gates United departs from?

StartinSanDiego likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 8:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
On the bright side, the Plaza Premium Lounge opened September 10th and is a nice place to relax pre-departure
We visited the Plaza Premium lounge this week. It's super nice. Bright and spacious with a variety of appealing seating areas, excellent hot and cold food options, and barista-made espresso beverages.

We got in as *G traveling on a UA award, flying OS in Y to VIE. This is the lounge OS directed us to at check-in, and we saw no signage at any point indicating that it was possible to access the *A lounge for an E departure.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 2:58 am

*G, FCO-MUC, 20 June. Arrived around 1015. Friendly, personable staff - everyone from the front desk, the bar, the busers, and the kitchen. Not too crowded. Great potential views of the tarmac, but between the dirt on the windows and the deterioration of the mesh designed to restrict sunlight, it was difficult to see anything. Even though it was 1015, the only food available was that for lunch/dinner. And no snacks, like crisps, available. Just had a cappuccino from the bar. Off to the PP lounge now.
Old Jun 17, 2023, 12:20 am

Programs: UA
As a heads up, the FCO *A lounge is currently closed for renovations. The alternative provided is the Prima Vista lounge next door which is a bit disappointing.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by angetenar
As a heads up, the FCO *A lounge is currently closed for renovations. The alternative provided is the Prima Vista lounge next door which is a bit disappointing.
Prima Vista must be almost unusable. I was at FCO this time last year. I was going to lounge hop as the *A lounge was crowded, but the line for Prima Vista was outside the door.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 1:29 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by lamphs
Prima Vista must be almost unusable. I was at FCO this time last year. I was going to lounge hop as the *A lounge was crowded, but the line for Prima Vista was outside the door.
I was at FCO in the morning and Prima Vista wasn't crowded – no line at the door. However, the lounge itself was sufficient reason to leave quickly. I imagine that they are currently trying to figure out what to do with the *A lounge given that ITA will be joining Star soon enough.
SPN Lifer and lamphs like this.
Old Feb 17, 2024, 7:52 pm

Programs: TK Gold
I saw on Google and some review that the * FCO lounge is closed - are they waiting ITA to be merged, or they have other plans?
Old Mar 4, 2024, 12:19 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver, UA Premier Silver, Hilton Diamond
a bit disappointing is a major understatement. Food selection is poor, no self serve drinks, it's dark, and there just didn't seem to be enough decent seating.

Last edited by doug091363; Mar 4, 2024 at 12:27 pm Reason: doesn't refer to original post

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.