Wiki Posts
Search

Access to TPA Airside F with Arrival Boarding Pass

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2019, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM - AF G – TK G – AZ Ex – Hilton D – Marriott G – IHG P
Access to TPA Airside F with Arrival Boarding Pass

(This is more about airport accessibility than the lounge itself, so if it would be better in another forum, please move it.)

Does anyone know if you can access airside F in TPA with an arrival boarding pass? (I know I can access it on departure.)
I assume the answer is no, because I always see the "no return" signs there when departing Airside A on incoming UA flights, but I'm not sure. (I don't think I've ever been in airside F.)

I'm asking because I am thinking about going the the Cafe by Mise en Place there there on arrival, which is now on offer as a Priority Pass lounge.

I'd like to get answers from people who have actually tried to do this rather than people who are just assuming (as I am).
Old Feb 17, 2019, 4:01 pm

Tampa Airport Terminal Access

Hi, so I'm flying Southwest w/ a 2hr and 5 min layover in TPA and was wondering if anyone has had any experience changing terminals to access "lounges"? I'm talking specifically about the PP restaurant in Terminal F. Would TSA let us go to terminal F to access the restaurant with our onward (Southwest) boarding pass in a different terminal? For the record we both have TSA-pre so the security process probably wouldn't take that long, just worried that TSA wouldn't let us through w/ our boarding pass.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by 12changk2
Would TSA let us go to terminal F to access the restaurant with our onward (Southwest) boarding pass in a different terminal? <snip> just worried that TSA wouldn't let us through w/ our boarding pass.
From what I understand, you are supposed to be allowed access to any terminal within a given airport as long as you have a boarding pass from that airport. That said, TSA may try to restrict you.

From my anecdotal experience, I was allowed access to ORD's Terminal 5 with a boarding pass for a flight departing from Terminal 1. The TSA agent at T5 security told me that I am at the wrong terminal, but it seems he was just trying to be helpful. I mentioned that I was here to access the lounges, and he let me proceed with no issues.

I would try it at TPA and see what happens. They should let you proceed when you tell them that you are going to the lounge.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by 12changk2
Hi, so I'm flying Southwest w/ a 2hr and 5 min layover in TPA and was wondering if anyone has had any experience changing terminals to access "lounges"? I'm talking specifically about the PP restaurant in Terminal F. Would TSA let us go to terminal F to access the restaurant with our onward (Southwest) boarding pass in a different terminal? For the record we both have TSA-pre so the security process probably wouldn't take that long, just worried that TSA wouldn't let us through w/ our boarding pass.
You will be able to access the terminal with no issues. The people who check your boarding pass before boarding the train over will tell you that you are going to the wrong terminal but just tell them you are going to the lounge over there and they won't care.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.