Wiki Posts
Search

Priority Pass - TPA

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2021, 8:30 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by csmitty
What were the hours Cafe was open? PP lists it as 5:30-14:00. Need to go into TPA for a one night trip and was going to try and plan accordingly as times aren't to specific.

Is it still possible to access after arrival? The all access pass seems to be for those with out a BP to still access airside. Been many years since going through TPA so not familiar with how things are currently.
It was open the week before last when I was there. Google shows it as 4:30am to 9pm. If you're arriving Airside F then you will have access. If you want to check exact times they are open I suggest you call them rather than looking on line ((813) 254-5373).
Old Jun 7, 2021, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by golfmad
It was open the week before last when I was there. Google shows it as 4:30am to 9pm. If you're arriving Airside F then you will have access. If you want to check exact times they are open I suggest you call them rather than looking on line.
Thanks, I did call earlier but got a voicemail. The number on Google for the airport cafe is the same number as their main restaurant in town so I figured they hours might be for the in town as well. Most likely a moot point anyways as I think I'm booking morning flights.

I'll be on Delta so most likely E terminal.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 8:50 am

Thanks, I did call earlier but got a voicemail. The number on Google for the airport cafe is the same number as their main restaurant in town so I figured they hours might be for the in town as well. Most likely a moot point anyways as I think I'm booking morning flights.

I'll be on Delta so most likely E terminal.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by eng3
Correct, when I scanned my BP, it said something like "Wrong Airside" thus I had to sneak through to get to F. I believe this is an airport restriction as TSA does not care about where you are departing from.
So you can get around the "wrong airside" restriction pretty easily and legitimately . I learned this today, if you go to the information desk that's in the middle of the 4 airside piers just upstairs from the check in counters and tell them you want to go to a restaurant that's not in your gates, they'll ask to see your boarding pass, and then give you a shuttle pass that will open the automated gates.

I forgot to take a picture of the menu, but they're back to having a breakfast menu until 10:30, and then a rest of the day menu.

mia, golfmad, econ and 2 others like this.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 5:47 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
According to the Priority Pass app, this place closes at 2pm which clearly isn’t right. I just had dinner while waiting for a heavily delayed flight. It’s open until 8:30pm tonight. The Mise Mezze was tasty and under the limit. Just cost me the tip.
rhwbullhead and krazykanuck like this.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 6:12 pm

Wish I had looked at this thread earlier... I was leaving from the E Pier and my boarding pass didn't let me into F. I thought about just sneaking in but decided against it. Wish I had read the tip about getting a gate pass to visit the restaurant. Oh well, next time.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 11:26 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
So you can get around the "wrong airside" restriction pretty easily and legitimately . I learned this today, if you go to the information desk that's in the middle of the 4 airside piers just upstairs from the check in counters and tell them you want to go to a restaurant that's not in your gates, they'll ask to see your boarding pass, and then give you a shuttle pass that will open the automated gates.

I forgot to take a picture of the menu, but they're back to having a breakfast menu until 10:30, and then a rest of the day menu.

I remember in Nov 2020, there was nothing blocking me from go over there. Then in April 2021 they added the gate and I just tailgated through. Probably not the best idea.

Has anyone done this recently? When I look at the TPA website (https://tampaairport.com/tpaallaccess), it states "The TPA All Access program is currently suspended as we evaluate the passenger volumes at our security checkpoints. We're sorry for any inconvenience.". I do recall the program was stated as "suspended" back in April but blaming COVID.
I'm wondering if the website is just out of date and I can do it at the airport like the above poster. The website does state that you can goto the "Information Kiosk located on Level 3 of the Main Terminal". I'm wondering if they just suspended the online part.
I suppose I could try to be a fully refundable AA ticket and refund it, though it might confuse TSA since they are just scanning IDs sometimes.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by eng3
I remember in Nov 2020, there was nothing blocking me from go over there. Then in April 2021 they added the gate and I just tailgated through. Probably not the best idea.

Has anyone done this recently? When I look at the TPA website (https://tampaairport.com/tpaallaccess), it states "The TPA All Access program is currently suspended as we evaluate the passenger volumes at our security checkpoints. We're sorry for any inconvenience.". I do recall the program was stated as "suspended" back in April but blaming COVID.
I'm wondering if the website is just out of date and I can do it at the airport like the above poster. The website does state that you can goto the "Information Kiosk located on Level 3 of the Main Terminal". I'm wondering if they just suspended the online part.
I suppose I could try to be a fully refundable AA ticket and refund it, though it might confuse TSA since they are just scanning IDs sometimes.
Yep, I got a gate pass to visit the F pier by asking at the info desk last month. They just asked to see my boarding pass then issued the magic barcode to get me through the gates.
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 9:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by maskedmesothorium
Yep, I got a gate pass to visit the F pier by asking at the info desk last month. They just asked to see my boarding pass then issued the magic barcode to get me through the gates.
Yep, I forgot to report back. I went a few weeks back. Same thing, asked to see BP, they aready had the passes printed up and just handed it to me. Nice and quick.
Old Aug 16, 2023, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Swung by for some beers before my United flight on Saturday (8/12). Current menu is below. As discussed upthread, the shuttle pass is still the legit way to get over here if you're flying out of a different concourse. I arrived at about 10am, which is pretty much the trough of traffic as far as TPA goes, I was the only person in Precheck going to the restaurant. Draft beers are now an oddly specific $11.02 each, but I guess paying $5 + tip for 3 beers isn't too bad in the grand scheme of things

Old Dec 26, 2023, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Would it be possible to use my Priority Pass credit and dine here after arriving on an American Airlines flight? Do they accept inbound boarding passes?
Old Dec 26, 2023, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Would it be possible to use my Priority Pass credit and dine here after arriving on an American Airlines flight?
Probably. In my experience, they've never asked to see a boarding pass, they just swipe the PP card.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Would it be possible to use my Priority Pass credit and dine here after arriving on an American Airlines flight? Do they accept inbound boarding passes?
From my experience at other PP Restaurants, some don't ask for a boarding pass and others just want to know the flight number, either arrival or departing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.