Priority Pass--DCA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priority Pass--DCA

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2018, 12:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Priority Pass--DCA

To discuss PP options at DCA

Terminal B
Bracket Room
Was virtually empty at noon on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Had a salad--nothing special, but it was free and fairly quick. They had their TVs turned up too loud--I mentioned it to the server, and she had them lower the volume a bit. It's a sports-themed restaurant, of course. Interestingly, they actually TOOK AN IMPRESSION of my card (like you always used to have to do with credit cards) and had me sign it and take a carbon copy.
Old May 25, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Starwood
I got to the airport super early today and just ate at the Bracket Room. It is in the tunnel/walkway between terminal B and A but closer to B. We got the shrimp and chicken tenders and both were good. I have eaten at the other Priority Pass restaurant and this one is vastly better, the food and the service. If you have time to go through security twice than I would pick the Bracket Room over the other option even though it’s a little less convenient.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 11:50 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
I’m going to be at dca later this week but don’t have my physical card. The app say they take digital cards. Anyone have experience with The Bracket room accepting digital cards from the app?
Old Jun 23, 2019, 10:11 am

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
IND used a digital card last week, no problem, they did not even ask for a boarding pass
Old Jun 25, 2019, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by jules128
If you have time to go through security twice than I would pick the Bracket Room over the other option even though it’s a little less convenient.
Can't you avoid double security by taking the bus between the two piers?
Old Jun 30, 2019, 11:21 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by STVA
Can't you avoid double security by taking the bus between the two piers?
There are three piers. Bracket Room is located on one of the piers without a bus shuttle.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 2:54 pm

Crowded Bracket Room on 7/11/19

A fully packed Bracket Room today. Many delayed flights due to thunderstorms so folks are just camped out there with laptops out. Quite frustrating for those who just want food. Luckily I only waited 5 min but when I left after 15 min, there were 8 people lined up. Ordered an IPA to drink there and a salad plus shrimp to go. Haven’t eaten it yet but figured you can’t mess that up too badly. I learned my lesson from my outbound flight and decided to sit down with a beer rather than stand there for 15-20 min waiting for the to go order. Still tipped $4 as waitress brought water and I could tell they were slammed.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 12:36 pm

Can you enter Terminal B if you're boarding at Terminal C?

Wanted to have some food before my flight. Is this allowed?
Old Jul 21, 2019, 12:46 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by marlin
Wanted to have some food before my flight. Is this allowed?
yea. Plus it’s connected airside if I remember correctly I walked over there.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 2:42 pm

Thank you!
Old Jul 29, 2019, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by smiles33
Ordered an IPA to drink there and a salad plus shrimp to go.
The Bracket Room allowed a 'to go' order using PP? Rhetorical question, I know. Did you place your order and then decide to make it 'to go' or did you order it 'to go' initially?

UPDATE - having visited DEN-Timberline several times, it is very clear 'to go' is NOT allowed. But I do not see any such restriction on The Bracket Room. I made an assumption that the 'not to go' was PP-wide.

Last edited by lamphs; Jul 29, 2019 at 9:24 am
Old Aug 24, 2019, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by lamphs
The Bracket Room allowed a 'to go' order using PP? Rhetorical question, I know. Did you place your order and then decide to make it 'to go' or did you order it 'to go' initially?

UPDATE - having visited DEN-Timberline several times, it is very clear 'to go' is NOT allowed. But I do not see any such restriction on The Bracket Room. I made an assumption that the 'not to go' was PP-wide.
Sorry for not replying sooner. Yes, I've been able to order to go at several airports now (SFO and DCA) so I didn't even realize some won't allow you to order to go. I sat down, ordered the beer, and then told the waitress what I wanted to go. The first time I placed a to go order in SFO, they wouldn't let me sit at the Bar so I had to stand for 20 minutes or so. For what it's worth, the shrimp salad from Bracket Room was decent.
lamphs likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I went to American Tap Room at DCA Terminal C today. Pretty crowded at rush hour (~6pm) but I was able to grab one of the couple empty seats at the bar. Halfway decent craft beer draft selection, about $12 for a 22 oz. Not too bad for an airport, and even better for free.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2023, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm not sure why this is confusing, but it is ---

I'm flying out of DCA and have Priority Pass with the restaurant benefit (non-AMEX). I see that there are 2 Priority Pass restaurants: American Tap Room and Bracket Room. I'm flying American. Are either of these in the same post-security "pod" as the American gates so I'd have easy access? Thanks.
Old Apr 16, 2023, 2:07 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by iahphx
I'm not sure why this is confusing, but it is ---

I'm flying out of DCA and have Priority Pass with the restaurant benefit (non-AMEX). I see that there are 2 Priority Pass restaurants: American Tap Room and Bracket Room. I'm flying American. Are either of these in the same post-security "pod" as the American gates so I'd have easy access? Thanks.
Have you not been to National since after the end of the third quarter of 2021?

Since in the 4th quarter of 2021 passengers can walk between at least all the B10 and E59 gates/piers (or something like that) at Terminal 2 without having to re-clear security screening checkpoints to go between the piers for the B10-E59 gates. [AA flies out of Terminal 2.]

The high-ceiling national hall at DCA is now no longer land-side; it was sealed off to make that long bright hall one massive air-side hall. So now to go between the piers in this terminal, there is no longer a need to re-clear security when changing piers or to otherwise take a bus if wanting to stay airside between piers.
iahphx, TGarza and heresabe like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.