Wiki Posts
Search

Addis Ababa Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2018, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta-Million miler
Addis Ababa Lounge

I will be traveling (economy class by Ethiopian Airlines) through ADD with over 10 hr connection during night (9 PM to almost 10AM). I am not a member of any lounge pass program. I do use an American Express Delta Platinum card. Would I be able to use the Delta/American Express Platinum to buy lounge access (if there is any Delta lounge) or buy access to any lounge in ADD?
Old Apr 18, 2018, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Delta doesn't serve ADD therefore no DL lounge.

There are a few airport hotels you may want to consider. I do not believe access to the Cloud Nine lounges are able to be purchased but they're reported to not be much to be excited about.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 12:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Free Range Airline Chicken
I’ve never set foot in the place, but I’d agree with Yoshi that if it was me, on a ten hour wait, I’d go for a hotel.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 9:34 am
Community Director Emerita

Here's an extremely helpful thread about facilities at the Addis Airport:

ADD / Addis Ababa Bole International Airport - Connections, Facilities, Layovers
Old Apr 20, 2018, 9:36 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Based on my last stay about five years ago, there is no lounge in the entire airport open 24hrs.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Based on my last stay about five years ago, there is no lounge in the entire airport open 24hrs.

There are 4 lounges that are open 24 hrs at Addis airport Terminal 2 and another at Terminal 1.

OP, if you are flying with Ethiopian Airlines and have a layover between 8 - 24 hours in Addis Ababa, they will provide you with vouchers for complimentary hotel room, visa, meals and ground transportation.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 3:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by B747-437B
There are 4 lounges that are open 24 hrs at Addis airport Terminal 2 and another at Terminal 1.

OP, if you are flying with Ethiopian Airlines and have a layover between 8 - 24 hours in Addis Ababa, they will provide you with vouchers for complimentary hotel room, visa, meals and ground transportation.
Well bust my buttons and call me fatso. You got me there.
worldwidedreamer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.