Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Phoenix Sky Harbor

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2018, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Phoenix Sky Harbor

Rarely travel to Phoenix, but am going through there on Friday March 30. I'm flying American and have an Amex Platinum and a Citi Prestige. What are my lounge options for my lay over?
Thanks for any info.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by lronglien
Rarely travel to Phoenix, but am going through there on Friday March 30. I'm flying American and have an Amex Platinum and a Citi Prestige. What are my lounge options for my lay over?
Thanks for any info.
Hi,

You could also look in the American Airlines forum.

I am from the UK so not fully familar with the US CC and lounge access.

There are 3 AA lounges ( you may be able to pay for access)

Between A7-A9
Between A19-A21
Between B5 & B7

Does the Citi Prestige give you a Priority Pass? If so there is one in T4 ( american terminal) upstairs by gate B22 . It is open until 3pm IIRC when it becomes a lounge for British Airways pax only.

I do not think you get AA access with the amex card.

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Mar 24, 2018 at 3:36 pm
Old Mar 25, 2018, 6:20 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Both American Express Platinum and Citi Prestige provide a Priority Pass membership. American Express provides access to various other lounges, none of which are available at PHX when flying AA.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
It's been a few years since I last flew through PHX but I remember that the PP/Diners Club lounge there was pretty small and didn't have much in the way of food. The latter seems to be a common theme with US lounges though.

(Also, I just looked it up on PP's site and the former might be changing soon due to "refurbishment works". We'll see what happens with that.)
Old Jun 25, 2018, 5:53 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Not related to OPs question, but I did want to report that, according to the app, The Club @ PHX has expanded its hours to be "05:00 - 23:30 daily". That's a nice improvement compared to 15:30, when it used to become a BA lounge.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 9:24 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
At least last week, I would not try too hard to reach The Club at PHX. Think basic drinks, albeit from nice staff, in a more basic environment. The new hours are nice, but a major airport deserves better.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 10:34 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
At least last week, I would not try too hard to reach The Club at PHX. Think basic drinks, albeit from nice staff, in a more basic environment. The new hours are nice, but a major airport deserves better.
I've been in a few times (as a BA passenger an Priority Pass) and it's a reasonable bar selection, and the drink options are on par with the Admiral's Club - at least The Club doesn't meter you to one "premium drink". And since water & soda are canned, spiriting one away for the flight is handy. I wouldn't make the trip if I was flying Southwest, but when flying AA I'd rather go there than the concourse. Entering at the B gates and giving yourself 15 or so minutes to make it to the far-A gates on an American flight is not so bad.

The Club @ SJC is much nicer, I wish PHX location could upgrade the size of both the seating area and the snack options.

As for "a major airport deserving better", I wonder what the new Delta SkyClub in T3 will be like, coming this year reportedly.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by Gig103
IThe Club @ SJC is much nicer, I wish PHX location could upgrade the size of both the seating area and the snack options.

As for "a major airport deserving better", I wonder what the new Delta SkyClub in T3 will be like, coming this year reportedly.
Agree with you on both points. For what it is worth, the SkyClub will be in a different terminal. My current favorite lounge at PHX is actually the United Club for what it is worth. (Even though it is in my least favorite terminal.)
Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:01 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Originally Posted by Gig103
The Club @ SJC is much nicer, I wish PHX location could upgrade the size of both the seating area and the snack options..
First visit to this club last week. I wouldn't walk out of my way to visit again. If on same concourse, fine. Otherwise, forget it. Ambiance? Maybe satisfactory for an eight year old. Reminds me of a classroom.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 11:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
And occasionally busy enough where they use a wait list. Happened to me a few months ago and had to wait 15 min or so.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by hedoman
First visit to this club last week. I wouldn't walk out of my way to visit again. If on same concourse, fine. Otherwise, forget it. Ambiance? Maybe satisfactory for an eight year old. Reminds me of a classroom.
Agree on that, maybe at best the school cafeteria
Old Oct 8, 2018, 9:31 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, Marriott Gold
Yeah, the expanded area for the Club is really weird. I thought it was a corporate training center until I saw the sign.

Last edited by SightseeMC; Oct 9, 2018 at 7:18 am
Old Oct 10, 2018, 5:58 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Have not used the Club at PHX yet, but will be using it for a flight I have in November. The only worry I have is that my flight is leaving from Terminal 3, and the Club is in Terminal 4, which is not connected. I have read on this forum that usually isn't a problem with TSA, but I will update everyone on the result.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by NationalChamps2015
Have not used the Club at PHX yet, but will be using it for a flight I have in November. The only worry I have is that my flight is leaving from Terminal 3, and the Club is in Terminal 4, which is not connected. I have read on this forum that usually isn't a problem with TSA, but I will update everyone on the result.
Honestly, even if TSA is okay with it (I can't comment), I wouldn't waste my time with a Terminal transfer for this club. I visit The Club when I'm flying out of T4, because it is more comfortable and quiet than the concourse. But it isn't an exciting lounge by any means of the imagination and I'd rather just go directly to T3 closer to my departure time.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 12:32 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

I hear ya. Am interested in checking it out though. I'm flying out on a Sunday and don't have a ton else going on, will try it out since I don't normally fly out of terminal 4.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.