Reload this Page >

Paris CDG airport lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris CDG airport lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2019, 3:46 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Goldorak
AC lounge is in 2A, non-schengen post immigration & security. You won't be able to access this, departing from 2F.
CDG is my origin. Can I enter 2A from landside, use the AC and then walk to 2F? Or because it is non-Schengen it won’t work? I have both a Canadian and an EU passport if that makes a difference.

If not, is the Sheltair lounge similarly off limits? Does this mean I am stuck with the hallowed Yotel? Easyjet at 10:30 is starting to look a little better if I can get around their one only carry-on limit....

Edit: I see that I can buy my way into the AF lounge in 2F for 8K miles. Coincidentally, that is pretty close to the exact number that is expiring in Sept. While a poor use of miles, they will be worth nothing after Sept. so I might as well use ‘em. It saves me from U2 and gives me place to kill my 3 hrs of waiting time. Any holes in this plan?

Last edited by Finkface; Jun 14, 2019 at 4:08 pm
Old Jun 16, 2019, 2:54 pm

AC lounge is in 2A, non-schengen post immigration & security. You won't be able to access this, departing from 2F.
I'm not 100% convinced by this as I was able to access the T1 lounges when arriving 2E and also departing 2E. I did have to ask the airport staff to let me through the barriers to T1, explaining that the only lounge I had access rights to was there. I cleared immigration in T1 with no issues, security for T1 is after lounges so this did not come into question (though weirdly I did end up clearing security in T1 then getting a transfer airside back to 2E). I cannot see why it would be different for 2A.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 8:01 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Originally Posted by shallowdrift
Per my other thread, for anyone interested, you are able to use the T1 lounges still when connecting between two flights out of T2. It does take a while getting between though, I would advise one hour each way. This means that for layovers three hours plus it is an option.
I would not go out of my way to visit the T1 lounges.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by Artpen100
I would not go out of my way to visit the T1 lounges.
The *A lounge is ok if unspectacular, and frankly for me it beat four hours arsing around in 2E after a 13 hour flight from Asia. YMMV. I was also interested (based on previous comments that suggested I had no option other than the Yotel lobby) to test the waters a bit and see what's possible.

Last edited by shallowdrift; Jun 19, 2019 at 5:59 am
Old Jun 18, 2019, 11:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards, Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by Finkface
CDG is my origin. Can I enter 2A from landside, use the AC and then walk to 2F? Or because it is non-Schengen it won’t work? I have both a Canadian and an EU passport if that makes a difference.

If not, is the Sheltair lounge similarly off limits? Does this mean I am stuck with the hallowed Yotel? Easyjet at 10:30 is starting to look a little better if I can get around their one only carry-on limit....

Edit: I see that I can buy my way into the AF lounge in 2F for 8K miles. Coincidentally, that is pretty close to the exact number that is expiring in Sept. While a poor use of miles, they will be worth nothing after Sept. so I might as well use ‘em. It saves me from U2 and gives me place to kill my 3 hrs of waiting time. Any holes in this plan?
Were you able to use the AC Lounge at 2A? I am flying out of 2F at 1:15pm in September so it would be great if I can access the AC Lounge at 2A with my Priority Pass then go to 2F.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 11:38 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by yingyingtravels
Were you able to use the AC Lounge at 2A? I am flying out of 2F at 1:15pm in September so it would be great if I can access the AC Lounge at 2A with my Priority Pass then go to 2F.
My flight is also not until Sept. But frim what ai have read here, it is probably not going to work.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface
My flight is also not until Sept. But frim what ai have read here, it is probably not going to work.
If you don't try this time I'll try the next and report back
Old Aug 10, 2019, 11:12 am

Departing CDG on United, terminal 1, priority pass

I will be flying United out of CDG tomorrow. Apparently terminal 1. I have Priority Pass. I’m staying at the Hilton CDG, and thought there was a shuttle to the airport but apparently it only goes to terminal 2. But there’s apparently a train station on which I can take CDGVAL directly to terminal 1? From there it sounds like I can use my Priority Pass at the Star Alliance lounge, which is after passport control but before security. I assume I can check my suitcase before I go to the lounge? Is there any part of this plan that doesn’t make sense? I’ll be relying on the lounge for breakfast, so hopefully if the lounge isn’t letting people in, there is still somewhere to buy breakfast?
Old Aug 10, 2019, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by Atkitch
From there it sounds like I can use my Priority Pass at the Star Alliance lounge, which is after passport control but before security. I assume I can check my suitcase before I go to the lounge? Is there any part of this plan that doesn’t make sense? I’ll be relying on the lounge for breakfast, so hopefully if the lounge isn’t letting people in, there is still somewhere to buy breakfast?
I wouldn't count on the Star Alliance lounge accepting PP members. Logistics suggest you'd have to clear security to have breakfast. A recent anecdote illustrates the challenges.

Originally Posted by sfvoyage
Denied entry to CDG Star Alliance lounge On 8/8/2019 at 15:00, flying CDG - DUB on EI. Lounge dragon did not mention capacity control as reason but that entry not possible on Aer Lingus. ??? Priority Pass info does not state that entry is dependent on airline or routing...
Old Aug 10, 2019, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
From the Hilton to T1, you indeed take an automatic train called CDGVAL. You have a station very close to the Hilton. You will then reach T1 in 5 min. Then you check-in, go through passport control and security close to the gate. The *A lounge is between those 2. I don’t know if they accept PP but I suppose you have made your own research. Even if they accept it, your admittance is not guaranteed in case the lounge is crowded. If you are denied access, there are of course other places where you can buy breakfast.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 2:01 am

Thanks for everyone’s help. We did indeed take the CDGVAL, which was pretty easy, even with luggage, although the signs from the hotel to the train could’ve been a little clearer/more frequent. We left really early so we would have time in the lounge, but it was for naught, because United wouldn’t let us check in for a good half hour. Maybe longer. By the time we got through passport control, we were starving. The happy ending is that we did get into the lounge in enough time to get some coffee and breakfast, and they did let us in. Currently in the security line. Note that the Star lliAance lounge is now on level 10 – all of the reviews and even the Priority Pass app information says level 11, but that is not correct.
LegalTender and Goldorak like this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 7:02 am

There is also a PP Salon ICARE lounge near the Star Alliance one. The Star Alliance lounge was recently renovated, though I would mostly describe it as spruced up. They changed the entrance to the level below, rather than make you enter at 11 and then go down some stairs. Loungebuddy says both PP lounges are "time limited" but not what times. I've gotten into the Salon ICARE with PP in the mornings (just to see what it was like - very crowded).

Definitely take the CDGVAL to Terminal 1 if your hotel is one of the ones in walking distance of the station.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 7:29 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
Assuming one can get in to either of the PP lounges in T1, which is better?

iCare? or Star Alliance?
Old Aug 16, 2019, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyerJ
Assuming one can get in to either of the PP lounges in T1, which is better?

iCare? or Star Alliance?
*A without hesitation.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 9:34 am

*A without hesitation.
Definitely agree. The ICARE is smaller, and much more crowded. Food can be okay at breakfast, but not as good as Star Alliance. (I admit, I have been known to check out all the available lounges at airports during long connections, just for future reference.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.