Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

MIA - 5 hour layover - paid options? Other suggestions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2018, 7:27 am
Original Poster

(Tried the search feature, not successful, though I have to believe this has been asked before!)

We have a 5 hour layover in MIA. (Actually, not technically a layover. We have a cruise that debarks in the morning, and a flight not until 5:00 p.m.)

We are flying domestic first class AA (not transcontinental). I am platinum AA.

Are there lounges other than the horribly reviewed america club (not AA) that are worth paid access?

Any chance AA would let us in admirals club with the first class ticket? I read they do offer paid access sometimes, but not in airports where a lounge is under construction, which I believe to be the case with MIA.

Alternatively - if you had 5 hours at MIA airport, what would you do? An alternative I know is to stash luggage with an agent in Miami near terminal and do touristy things, but been there, done that.

Many thanks in advance.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TrinaLC
Any chance AA would let us in admirals club with the first class ticket? I read they do offer paid access sometimes, but not in airports where a lounge is under construction, which I believe to be the case with MIA.

Alternatively - if you had 5 hours at MIA airport, what would you do? An alternative I know is to stash luggage with an agent in Miami near terminal and do touristy things, but been there, done that.
AA won't let you in with a non-transcon First class ticket. Do you have an Amex Platinum card? The Centurion Lounge there is a decent option to kill a few hours.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 3:50 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
While you will not be able to purchase day passes at the D15 Admirals club while the D30 lounge is under construction, day passes that you have purchased elsewhere will be accepted. Doesn't AA sell those online now?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.