Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

Review of Mastercard Business Lounge at OTP (Bucharest)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2018, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold

This is the contract lounge currently used by BA for Club Europe passengers at OTP (that is how I got in). You can also gain entry with most premium 'World Elite' mastercards. There is a list on the wall by the entrance showing which ones, unfortunately I forgot to take a photo. I have no idea if you can get in as BAEC gold/silver as I don't have status.

A brief summary: don't bother.

Pros:
There is a smoking room in the lounge. The smoking room has excellent extraction and ventilation - much better than the smoking lounges at German airports - you can actually see the far wall and don't feel like gagging as soon as you walk in.
Good view of the tarmac, although couldn't see the gate used by my BA flight since the lounge is on the opposite side of the building from the gate where my flight departed.

Cons:
Food selection is abysmal. No hot food, no cheese/meat, no sandwiches. Just some nuts, crisps, yogurt, biscuits, breakfast cereal. Don't plan on getting a proper meal here!
Drink selection is poor. Only one type of beer (Ursus which is quite good to be fair). Only one red, one white wine of very poor quality. No premium spirits. There is a bean to cup coffee machine at least.
The location of the flight information displays is such that you can't see them from 75% or more of the seats which meant I needed to keep getting up to see if my (delayed) flight was boarding yet.

Old Feb 13, 2018, 2:32 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Thank you for that useful review mickeyjaw, I'm sure it will help other travellers. It is open to BA Silver/Gold and oneworld status members in the usual way for those flying BA or Qatar, and as you indicate a range of other airlines / cards. To my surprise Priority Pass isn't one of them, however.
mickeyjaw likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.