FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Airport Lounges (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airport-lounges-763/)
-   -   LHR London Heathrow lounges (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airport-lounges/1888337-lhr-london-heathrow-lounges.html)

hugolover Jan 26, 2023 9:02 am

LO ended the deal with Plaza a long time ago.

lamphs Jan 26, 2023 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover (Post 34959285)
LO ended the deal with Plaza a long time ago.

PP was still the designated LO lounge on the *A lounge finder.

hugolover Jan 27, 2023 9:22 am

It's out of date.

Mytravelnorthamerica Apr 12, 2023 7:42 pm

We have been to 3 different lounges at Heathrow now

Aspire - Was ok but very busy and not much space to sit down and relax, because it was busy we found food not replenished quick enough and the selection was limited. I compare this to the Aspire at Edinburgh Airport which has always been much better in my opinion,

BA Galleries - Disappointed by this to be honest. The place is huge and plenty of space so that was not an issue, Food choice was VERY limited which is what disappointed me, Otherwise you can sit and have a few drinks or a coffee and some biscuits if that's what you want.

Virgin Upper Class Lounge - Out of this world and just head and shoulders above anything else I've been to. You would expect that from Virgin but whenever we are due to go into this I genuinely look forward to it

Oakshadow Apr 12, 2023 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by Mytravelnorthamerica (Post 35165654)
We have been to 3 different lounges at Heathrow now

Aspire - Was ok but very busy and not much space to sit down and relax, because it was busy we found food not replenished quick enough and the selection was limited. I compare this to the Aspire at Edinburgh Airport which has always been much better in my opinion,

BA Galleries - Disappointed by this to be honest. The place is huge and plenty of space so that was not an issue, Food choice was VERY limited which is what disappointed me, Otherwise you can sit and have a few drinks or a coffee and some biscuits if that's what you want.

Virgin Upper Class Lounge - Out of this world and just head and shoulders above anything else I've been to. You would expect that from Virgin but whenever we are due to go into this I genuinely look forward to it

Do you mean the Aspire Lounge in T3 or T5? And which BA Galleries lounge? There are four of them - T5 North, T5 South, T5B, or T3?

Mytravelnorthamerica Apr 14, 2023 12:21 am

Originally Posted by Oakshadow (Post 35165778)
Do you mean the Aspire Lounge in T3 or T5? And which BA Galleries lounge? There are four of them - T5 North, T5 South, T5B, or T3?

Sorry it was Aspire Lounge in T5 and the BA Galleries South in T5

FufuBobo Apr 20, 2023 7:15 am

DFW -> LHR -> LIS

I have a 5 hour layover at LHR arriving T5 and departing out of T5 also. Is it allowed/easy/quick to go to T3 for lounge use and go back to T5 for my connecting flight to LIS?

shallowdrift Apr 20, 2023 7:20 am

Originally Posted by FufuBobo (Post 35186542)
DFW -> LHR -> LIS

I have a 5 hour layover at LHR arriving T5 and departing out of T5 also. Is it allowed/easy/quick to go to T3 for lounge use and go back to T5 for my connecting flight to LIS?

I have always considered it impossible but a poster here claims to have done similar: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34810445-post16.html

FufuBobo Apr 21, 2023 6:56 am

Originally Posted by shallowdrift (Post 35186558)
I have always considered it impossible but a poster here claims to have done similar: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34810445-post16.html

I've went down a rigorous search on the forum and seems possible; however, there are many nuances in transferring between terminals. With my aversion to risk and being late, I will just make due with T5 offerings.

4sallypat Apr 25, 2023 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by FufuBobo (Post 35189552)
I've went down a rigorous search on the forum and seems possible; however, there are many nuances in transferring between terminals. With my aversion to risk and being late, I will just make due with T5 offerings.

I have a T5 connection to make but do I have to go thru customs coming from the US and then re-enter security again at T5 ?

KARFA Apr 25, 2023 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by 4sallypat (Post 35201048)
I have a T5 connection to make but do I have to go thru customs coming from the US and then re-enter security again at T5 ?

So you are arriving from the US? Where are you connecting to?

Generally no you don’t have to go landside. You can stay airside and you don’t need to see your bags again or go through customs. You will have to go through connection security tho.

4sallypat Apr 25, 2023 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 35201145)
So you are arriving from the US? Where are you connecting to?

Generally no you don’t have to go landside. You can stay airside and you don’t need to see your bags again or go through customs. You will have to go through connection security tho.

Yes, US to UK connection to Athens, Greece at same terminal (T5) - all on BA flights.

No luggage so just carryons.

Are you sure I don't need to go thru customs & immigration when I land from the US connecting to Greece ?

It would be great to not have to go out to landside and back thru security...

Is the lounge open in T5 ?

rajhyd99 Apr 29, 2023 7:07 pm

Any suggestions on how to spend 9 Hrs (10 am - 7 pm) layover in Terminal 3 in May last week. I will have access to some lounges with AMEX PLT. Is it Bad idea to exit to City and come back ? What are Train options? Do we have any different thread for LHR City experience ?. . .

merlin90 Apr 29, 2023 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by rajhyd99 (Post 35212217)
Any suggestions on how to spend 9 Hrs (10 am - 7 pm) layover in Terminal 3 in May last week. I will have access to some lounges with AMEX PLT. Is it Bad idea to exit to City and come back ? What are Train options? Do we have any different thread for LHR City experience ?. . .

Go into the city for lunch somewhere, maybe a walk in one of the parks or along the river if the weather's nice. Heathrow Express will take you to/from Paddington in something like 20 minutes, or you can get the Tube, which will take a bit longer to get you into town but will be cheaper. There is also the Elizabeth line, but I haven't been in London since that opened, so don't know how long that would take (probably longer than the Heathrow Express but quicker than the Tube). There's always Uber as well, depending on traffic.

There's no reason not to spend a few hours in London during a layover like that even if you're naturally anxious about missing your connection. It's a long enough layover and there are enough transport options for you not to worry.

Amex Platinum will get you into the Centurion Lounge but I believe they'll only let you in three hours before your flight is due to depart. If you are flying OW J/F or have sufficient status, there are also multiple good OW lounge options in T3.

rajhyd99 Apr 30, 2023 9:27 am

Originally Posted by merlin90 (Post 35212233)
Go into the city for lunch somewhere, maybe a walk in one of the parks or along the river if the weather's nice. Heathrow Express will take you to/from Paddington in something like 20 minutes, or you can get the Tube, which will take a bit longer to get you into town but will be cheaper. There is also the Elizabeth line, but I haven't been in London since that opened, so don't know how long that would take (probably longer than the Heathrow Express but quicker than the Tube). There's always Uber as well, depending on traffic.

There's no reason not to spend a few hours in London during a layover like that even if you're naturally anxious about missing your connection. It's a long enough layover and there are enough transport options for you not to worry.

Amex Platinum will get you into the Centurion Lounge but I believe they'll only let you in three hours before your flight is due to depart. If you are flying OW J/F or have sufficient status, there are also multiple good OW lounge options in T3.

Thanks for the info. We will explore the option of City tour. This time I am flying Delta (US-LHR)/VA (LHR-India) in Business.