FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Airport Lounges (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airport-lounges-763/)
-   -   LHR London Heathrow lounges (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airport-lounges/1888337-lhr-london-heathrow-lounges.html)

Prospero Jan 14, 2018 10:45 am

LHR London Heathrow lounges

This thread begins with a overview of London Heathrow's ten departure and arrivals lounges. You can book your spot ahead of time via the Heathrow website or via Executive Lounges, Holiday Extras, or Plaza Premium websites. It is worth comparing the results of each booking channel as prices and stay durations can vary from one to the next. The prices indicated below are based on adult rates quoted by the Heathrow website. Discounts for children, aged 2 to 11 may also be available.

Note: American Express Platinum card holders are currently granted complimentary access to all of the LHR lounges listed below with the exception of The House at Terminal 4.
Legend:
DC = Diners Club accepted
DP = DragonPass accepted
EL = Executive Lounge (Swissport) accepted
PP = Priority Pass accepted
£ = single visit pre-booking service available (and recommended)

Opening hours subject to change (times correct as of January 2018)

Heathrow Terminal 2
Plaza Premium Departure Lounge
http://prospelicious.com/wp-content/...LHR_T2_PPD.png
Airside, near Flight Connections. Opening hours: 05:00 to 23:00
£40.00 for 3 hour stay (fee includes use of shower facilities)
DragonPass and Priority Pass accepted

Plaza Premium Arrivals Lounge
http://prospelicious.com/wp-content/...LHR_T2_PPA.png
Landside, near UK/Ireland arrivals. Opening hours: 05:00 to 22:00
£30.00 for 1 hour stay (fee includes use of shower facilities)

Heathrow Terminal 3
Club Aspire Lounge
http://prospelicious.com/wp-content/...7/LHR_T3_A.png
Airside, near Gate 9. Opening hours: 05:00 to 22:00
£24.99 (additional charges apply for shower and spa treatments)
Diners Club, DragonPass, Executive Lounges and Priority Pass accepted

No1 Lounge
http://prospelicious.com/wp-content/...LHR_T3_No1.png
Airside, Lounge F near Gate 12A. Opening hours: 04:30 to 22:30
£32.00 for 3 hour stay (additional charges apply for shower and spa treatments)
DragonPass, Executive Lounges and Priority Pass accepted

http://prospelicious.com/wp-content/...LHR_T3_PPA.png
Outside, near bus stop 18. Opening hours: 05:30 to 14:30
£30.00 for 1 hour stay (fee includes use of shower facilities)

Heathrow Terminal 4
Art & Lounge
http://prospelicious.com/wp-content/...LHR_T4_AAL.png
Airside, between Gates 2 and 3. Opening hours: 06:00 to 11:00, 15:00 to 18:00
£25.00 for 3 hour stay
£35.00 for 3 hour stay in the Premium section
Diners Club, DragonPass, Lounge Club, LoungeKey, Lounge Pass, Priority Pass, and TAV Passport accepted

Plaza Premium Departure Lounge
http://prospelicious.com/wp-content/...LHR_T4_PPD.png
Airside, near Gate 1. Opening hours: 05:00 to 23:00
£30.00 for 3 hour stay (fee includes use of shower facilities)

Skyteam Lounge
http://prospelicious.com/wp-content/.../LHR_T4_ST.png
Airside, near Gate 10. Opening hours: 05:00 to 22:30
£30.00 for 3 hour stay (fee includes use of shower facilities)
Executive Lounges and Priority Pass accepted

The House
http://prospelicious.com/wp-content/.../LHR_T4_TH.png
Airside, near Gate 10. Opening hours: 06:00 to 21:00
Note: American Express Platinum, DragonPass and Priority Pass are not accepted

http://prospelicious.com/wp-content/...LHR_T4_PPA.png
Landside mezzanine. Opening hours: 05:00 to 22:00
£30.00 for 1 hour stay (additional charges apply for shower usage)
£40.00 for 3 hour stay (additional charges apply for shower usage)

Heathrow Terminal 5
Aspire Lounge and Spa
http://prospelicious.com/wp-content/...7/LHR_T5_A.png
Airside, near Gate A18. Opening hours 05:00 to 22:30
£34.99 for 3 hour stay (additional charges apply for shower usage)
Executive Lounges and Priority Pass accepted (subject to capacity restrictions)

For detailed information and reviews of this lounge, please visit https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...s-reviews.html

Plaza Premium Lounge
http://prospelicious.com/wp-content/...LHR_T5_PPD.png
Airside, near Gate A7. Opening hours: 05:00 to 22:00
£40.00 for 3 hour stay (additional charges apply for shower usage)
DragonPass accepted

For detailed information and reviews of this lounge, please visit https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...de-lounge.html

mickeyjaw Jan 15, 2018 7:46 am

I'd just like to add to this:

* You can also get into all Plaza Premium lounges worldwide for free by showing an AMEX Platinum / Cenurion card. This is useful to know for those who got their PP through AMEX and might have thought they wouldn't be entitled to access the Plaza Premium in LHR T5 or indeed the arrivals lounges.

* Don't go into the T3 Plaza Premium arrivals lounge after arriving on a morning AA flight expecting hot breakfast because you'll be disappointed. Take the walk over to T2 or T4 instead and indulge in some proper bacon that hasn't been covered in syrup and cooked until it's so crispy you can snap it in half. Sorry to any Americans who take offence at this but you're doing it wrong :P

WorldLux Jan 15, 2018 8:03 am

Can we expect to see the proper airline lounges here too? There are regularly questions about OW lounges (particularly at T3) and this thread could probably answer quite a few.

Maybe add info regarding intra-terminal travel as that's a question that is being asked regularly (e.g. I'm flying from T4. Can I use the lounge at T3; I'm arriving at T5 and departing at T4. Can I use the lounge at T3?"; etc.)

corporate-wage-slave Jan 15, 2018 10:37 am

Originally Posted by WorldLux (Post 29294963)
Can we expect to see the proper airline lounges here too? There are regularly questions about OW lounges (particularly at T3) and this thread could probably answer quite a few.

Maybe add info regarding intra-terminal travel as that's a question that is being asked regularly (e.g. I'm flying from T4. Can I use the lounge at T3; I'm arriving at T5 and departing at T4. Can I use the lounge at T3?"; etc.)

Well I would suggest that this new forum is really intended to cover a gap in the Flyertalk coverage for the non airline lounges. The airline lounges are generally well covered by the relevant forums, particularly LHR T3, so the material is out there already. Similarly for inter-terminal travel there are the guides for both airlines and country forums, so UK and Ireland for example. And again there is plenty of material for LHR there, to continue that example. On the other other hand if it was for someone turning up in T3 without status / premium cabin then this forum is the best place, there isn't anywhere else for that information on the whole. (And yes, they can use the T3 lounges mentioned above if going from the T4 to T5, if they pay or have a card).

sxc Jan 16, 2018 7:09 am

Anyone know why T3 Plaza Premium arrivals and T5 Plaza Premium haven’t been added to priority pass yet?

Abidjan Jan 16, 2018 7:38 am

In regards to the T3 lounge, good question. I had read in late 2017 that a move to PP would occur soon.

mickeyjaw Jan 16, 2018 9:33 am

Originally Posted by sxc (Post 29299120)
Anyone know why T3 Plaza Premium arrivals and T5 Plaza Premium haven’t been added to priority pass yet?

Don't know but it suits me fine!

I've never seen more than 10 people in the T5 Plaza Premium. Last time I was there (about 7.30pm on Friday evening) there were more staff than customers...

Boraxo Jan 27, 2018 10:20 pm

The T5 Aspire lounge is mediocre, you can read the extensive reviews in the BA forum. Next time I am flying BA economy I will Starbucks instead!

corporate-wage-slave Jan 28, 2018 11:54 am

Originally Posted by Boraxo (Post 29347999)
The T5 Aspire lounge is mediocre, you can read the extensive reviews in the BA forum. Next time I am flying BA economy I will Starbucks instead!

Or Pilots or Wagamama or....

The new Plaza Premium lounge in T5 is significantly better, and though access is somewhat constrained at the moment - it doesn't take Priority Pass - it is one of the best paid-for lounges in Europe. Aspire isn't adding very much to the T5 experience, I would certainly agree.

offerendum Jan 28, 2018 3:58 pm

Had good experiences with Giraffe in the past.....

Prospero Jan 28, 2018 4:19 pm

This might be worth a note. DragonPass card holders receive a 25% discount on food and beverages at

Terminal 2
- Wonder Tree

Terminal 3
- Giraffe Stop
- Market Gardener
- The Curator

Terminal 4
- Apostrophe
- The Prince of Wales
- Comptoir Libanais

Terminal 5
- Giraffe
- Giraffe Stop
- Be Relax (T5B)

DarthPalmer Mar 7, 2018 8:04 am

Originally Posted by mickeyjaw (Post 29294898)

* You can also get into all Plaza Premium lounges worldwide for free by showing an AMEX Platinum / Cenurion card. This is useful to know for those who got their PP through AMEX and might have thought they wouldn't be entitled to access the Plaza Premium in LHR T5 or indeed the arrivals lounges.

* Don't go into the T3 Plaza Premium arrivals lounge after arriving on a morning AA flight expecting hot breakfast because you'll be disappointed. Take the walk over to T2 or T4 instead and indulge in some proper bacon that hasn't been covered in syrup and cooked until it's so crispy you can snap it in half. Sorry to any Americans who take offence at this but you're doing it wrong :P

I can't find anything on the Amex or Plaza Premium website about the Platinum card getting a card holder and a guest in for free. Are you sure this is the case? Can anyone else confirm or provide a link? Thanks.
**Edit** Apologies. Found the link: https://www.plaza-network.com/promot...39808410959872

econ Mar 11, 2018 2:23 pm

That link is helpful, thanks. But I didn't see any info about guest access.

Orange County Commuter Mar 12, 2018 1:13 pm

I went to Club Aspire in Terminal 3 last time I was at LHR. I won't be back. Dirty, crowded and just overall a poor experience. At least it was free.

mickeyjaw Mar 14, 2018 4:15 am

Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter (Post 29515962)
I went to Club Aspire in Terminal 3 last time I was at LHR. I won't be back. Dirty, crowded and just overall a poor experience. At least it was free.

I would seriously suggest you visit the No1 lounge instead next time you're in T3...

mickeyjaw Mar 14, 2018 4:24 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 29349789)
The new Plaza Premium lounge in T5 is significantly better, and though access is somewhat constrained at the moment - it doesn't take Priority Pass - it is one of the best paid-for lounges in Europe. Aspire isn't adding very much to the T5 experience, I would certainly agree.

Whilst I'd agree that the T5 Plaza Premium is certainly the better of the 2 paid lounges in T5, I think I'd have to respectfully disagree that it's one of the best in Europe.

Certainly, I'd say the T3 No1 Lounge is better, at least in terms of the views and drink selection. The Plaza Premium does win in terms of the food offering and tranquillity though.

kkong42 Mar 15, 2018 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by mickeyjaw (Post 29522875)
Whilst I'd agree that the T5 Plaza Premium is certainly the better of the 2 paid lounges in T5, I think I'd have to respectfully disagree that it's one of the best in Europe.

Certainly, I'd say the T3 No1 Lounge is better, at least in terms of the views and drink selection. The Plaza Premium does win in terms of the food offering and tranquillity though.

You guys need to get out to the UK regions. :)

The relatively new (9 months since opening) Northern Lights lounge at ABZ is great!

It's the best in the UK that I have experienced - at least in terms of drink. Pretty good for food too!

It's in Priority Pass and KL/AF/LH - also available for BA while their new lounge is under construction.

Also available pay for entry at a not-so-good £25 or £30.

seaskybound Mar 16, 2018 10:39 am

Do the arrival lounges actually check if you arrived? (if I am waiting landslide to pick someone up can I use it with PP?)

Pascoe Mar 20, 2018 5:45 am

Is the general consensus that for LHR T3, the No 1 lounge is a better bet than the Aspire lounge?

corporate-wage-slave Mar 20, 2018 6:44 am

Originally Posted by Pascoe (Post 29545783)
Is the general consensus that for LHR T3, the No 1 lounge is a better bet than the Aspire lounge?

Normally I would suggest No. 1 is a better option, however "Club Aspire" was refitted just over a year ago, and so it is still quite new. It's a lot smaller than No. 1 but can be quieter. Similar food and drink, maybe No. 1 a bit better on food. Priority Pass gets access to both, but if you had to buy access and Aspire was cheaper, I would be tempted to go there. In other words, not much in it.

mickeyjaw Mar 22, 2018 4:14 am

Originally Posted by Pascoe (Post 29545783)

The drink selection will be better in No1 and they have sparkling wine at no extra charge (if that's your thing). The Aspire charges for sparkling wine and other 'premium' drinks.

The Aspire generally has a hot food buffet, whereas the No1 gives you a menu for hot food and you can only order 1 item from the menu free of charge.

So I'd say if you want to guzzle bubbles then go to No1, but if you want to eat something substantial go to Aspire.

Also, the Aspire has nap rooms if you think you might want a snooze. Conversely, the No1 has a TV/cinema room if you want to watch TV.

Pascoe Mar 22, 2018 6:11 am

Originally Posted by mickeyjaw (Post 29553555)
The drink selection will be better in No1 and they have sparkling wine at no extra charge (if that's your thing). The Aspire charges for sparkling wine and other 'premium' drinks.

The Aspire generally has a hot food buffet, whereas the No1 gives you a menu for hot food and you can only order 1 item from the menu free of charge.

So I'd say if you want to guzzle bubbles then go to No1, but if you want to eat something substantial go to Aspire.

Also, the Aspire has nap rooms if you think you might want a snooze. Conversely, the No1 has a TV/cinema room if you want to watch TV.

We have an 18m old in tow this time - which one is best for selecting food and drink that you barely have time to digest as it took you three times longer than usual to get out of the house, before a wholly unnecessary last minute panic sprint to the gate in an unfamiliar terminal making you look like the absolute antithesis of the worldly wise, biz travel globe trotting twin gold card couple you used to be before the arrival of the 'pocket rocket' hahahah? :-) :-)

aks120 Mar 31, 2018 1:46 am

Plaza Premium T5 Lounge

The food pictures don’t do it justice - I thought the selection in there very good!

aks120

aks120 Mar 31, 2018 1:57 am

Priority Pass T2 Lounge

sxc Mar 31, 2018 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by aks120 (Post 29586540)
The food pictures don’t do it justice - I thought the selection in there very good!

Just wanted to post some pictures from my recent visit to the Plaza Premium Lounge at LHR T5.[/left]

Plaza Premium T5 doesn’t get access via priority pass contrary to your post title FYI.

aks120 Mar 31, 2018 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by sxc (Post 29588820)
Plaza Premium T5 doesn’t get access via priority pass contrary to your post title FYI.

That is very true! In my haste I made an error - any chance you could change that as a mod?

aks120

jmsnyc Apr 5, 2018 4:58 am

I have 3 hour layover at t3 with Priority Pass. Is it worth going to another terminal?

DarthPalmer Apr 5, 2018 5:01 am

Originally Posted by jmsnyc (Post 29605015)
I have 3 hour layover at t3 with Priority Pass. Is it worth going to another terminal?

If it were me, I wouldn't waste the time and hassle. The Aspire & No.1 lounges are more than adequate in T3 - both are on Priority Pass.

corporate-wage-slave Apr 6, 2018 5:46 am

Originally Posted by seaskybound (Post 29532299)
Do the arrival lounges actually check if you arrived? (if I am waiting landslide to pick someone up can I use it with PP?)

I checked with Plaza Premium T4 yesterday: this is a landside lounge between the arrival and departure levels at the Hilton / check-in desk G90 / El Al end of the terminal. They said Priority Pass members are welcome whether they are arriving or departing passengers (and reading between the lines, they aren't bother about non flyers either). If you are an arriving passenger it wouldn't be unusual to no longer have your boarding pass anyway (e.g. some App boarding passes wipe down after travel), so I don't think it matters.

AStarr Apr 27, 2018 3:49 pm

No offence taken, I like all the bacon! Really though, is there a big difference between the arrivals lounges? I'll be coming off a later arriving red-eye with at least a few hours to kill most likely and a shower with a hair dryer would be incredible if I can chase it down before leaving the airport.

rivlinm May 1, 2018 6:44 pm

Am I reading this right?

With an Amex Plat, you can enter the T5 Plaza Prem?

Would you say it is better than the normal BA lounges? I find them overly crowded and the food very tired.

corporate-wage-slave May 3, 2018 8:43 am

Originally Posted by rivlinm (Post 29705071)
With an Amex Plat, you can enter the T5 Plaza Prem?

Would you say it is better than the normal BA lounges? I find them overly crowded and the food very tired.

You should be able to enter with the Platinum card, but not Priority Pass. Generally that lounge is quiet and well appointed, and certainly better than Galleries Club North (directly above) at peak periods. Personally compared to Galleries Club T5B when GC is serving hot food, then personally I would go to T5B via the passageway if it was convenient, T5B is almost always quiet. But otherwise it is a good quality and recently opened lounge so it's pretty nice overall. But as ever, it depends entirely on what you look for in a lounge, so different people can quite legitimately have different views about the same lounge.

rivlinm May 3, 2018 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 29711105)
You should be able to enter with the Platinum card, but not Priority Pass. Generally that lounge is quiet and well appointed, and certainly better than Galleries Club North (directly above) at peak periods. Personally compared to Galleries Club T5B when GC is serving hot food, then personally I would go to T5B via the passageway if it was convenient, T5B is almost always quiet. But otherwise it is a good quality and recently opened lounge so it's pretty nice overall. But as ever, it depends entirely on what you look for in a lounge, so different people can quite legitimately have different views about the same lounge.

Thanks.

I'll give it a shot. I think for me in LHR it will be nice to have food other than the usual slop from BA. Plus some peace and quiet is welcomed.

euromannn Jun 15, 2018 7:20 pm

LHR - Showers

PP lounges Plaza, NO 1 and Skyteam lounges all show showers.

Does anyone know if there free in any of these?

corporate-wage-slave Jun 17, 2018 2:00 am

Originally Posted by euromannn (Post 29871765)
PP lounges Plaza, NO 1 and Skyteam lounges all show showers.

Does anyone know if there free in any of these?

Skyteam is free, No. 1 is supposed to charge extra for the shower (GBP 10) but the front desk staff sometimes don't bother, Plaza doesn't charge extra (I think). No. 1 would certainly charge for the Spa use however.

[Just moving this to the LHR thread - CWS/Mod]

windrider Jun 21, 2018 3:06 pm

LHR T5 Apsire Lounge(Priority Pass)

The lounge which is located near gate A18. Aspire lounge is very small and awkward layout of the lounge with very limited couch seats (tight space). Not a family friendly lounge. They had descent food selections and drinks. Very strange that Priority Pass only has 1 lounge available for very busy T5 terminal.

euromannn Jun 28, 2018 10:37 pm

Lhr lounges

I'm flying AA SEA-DF-LHR I assume into T3 then later LHR-PRG on BA. Have 3 hour layover and have PP pass.
Does the PP include free shower? You comment says if you have fees showers included then PP accepted.
Any extra fees using PP to get a shower?

Since i arrive T3 --- which is easiest and best to go to T2 or T4?
Plaza Premium or Skyteam?
Definitely want free shower, good food and alcohol.

Since I "arrive' on AA T3 but walk to T2 or T4(depending on your recommendation) can I go to arrival and departure lounges since I continue on to PRG later?

euromannn Jun 28, 2018 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by DarthPalmer (Post 29605019)
If it were me, I wouldn't waste the time and hassle. The Aspire & No.1 lounges are more than adequate in T3 - both are on Priority Pass.

Both are extra fees for showers with PP pass.
Free shower after red eye flight is my top priority but walking T3-->T2 or T4--->T3 is concern.

mickeyjaw Jun 29, 2018 2:23 am

Originally Posted by euromannn (Post 29918789)
I'm flying AA SEA-DF-LHR I assume into T3 then later LHR-PRG on BA. Have 3 hour layover and have PP pass.
Does the PP include free shower? You comment says if you have fees showers included then PP accepted.
Any extra fees using PP to get a shower?

Since i arrive T3 --- which is easiest and best to go to T2 or T4?
Plaza Premium or Skyteam?
Definitely want free shower, good food and alcohol.

Since I "arrive' on AA T3 but walk to T2 or T4(depending on your recommendation) can I go to arrival and departure lounges since I continue on to PRG later?

When you arrive at T3 you will have the option of either:

* Clearing UK immigration to go landside, using landside arrivals lounges / going to London / whatever and then clearing security again to go landside

or

* Going to Flight connections, clearing immigration and security there and staying airside

I know one of the Plaza Premiums at LHR asked me for a supplement for a shower once but I can't remember which one. The staff seem generallly quite confused about the rules about charging for showers so you might end up getting a free one if you're lucky.

Last time I arrived into T3 on AA l I ended up going to the T2 arrivals lounge, although my priority was a Full English breakfast rather than a shower. I seem to recall it's about a 10 minute walk through some underground tunnels. T4 is miles away and I wouldn't bother but if you do decide to do it the best way would be via Heathrow Express train. Travel between terminals on the train is free.

If you just want a shower and don't care about hot breakfast or alcohol then maybe try the T3 arrivals lounge? Confusingly, you can't enter it from inside the terminal. Exit the terminal on the left hand side as you look out, turn left and the entrance is by the bus stop...

euromannn Jun 29, 2018 3:11 am

Originally Posted by mickeyjaw (Post 29919227)
When you arrive at T3 you will have the option of either:

* Clearing UK immigration to go landside, using landside arrivals lounges / going to London / whatever and then clearing security again to go landside

or

* Going to Flight connections, clearing immigration and security there and staying airside

I know one of the Plaza Premiums at LHR asked me for a supplement for a shower once but I can't remember which one. The staff seem generallly quite confused about the rules about charging for showers so you might end up getting a free one if you're lucky.

Last time I arrived into T3 on AA l I ended up going to the T2 arrivals lounge, although my priority was a Full English breakfast rather than a shower. I seem to recall it's about a 10 minute walk through some underground tunnels. T4 is miles away and I wouldn't bother but if you do decide to do it the best way would be via Heathrow Express train. Travel between terminals on the train is free.

If you just want a shower and don't care about hot breakfast or alcohol then maybe try the T3 arrivals lounge? Confusingly, you can't enter it from inside the terminal. Exit the terminal on the left hand side as you look out, turn left and the entrance is by the bus stop...

Checked PP Lounges web site and T3 on PP you pay shower supplement at Club Aspire and No 1 Lounge(shower facilities are subject to payment).

T2 or T4 the Plaza Premium and Skyteam says "fax subject to payment" with no mention of shower.
Plaza Premium web site shows 15 Pound fee for shower usage for ALL Plaza Premium lounges."Shower Package
Shower with Amenities15"

On the photos posted on this thread it states 'showers included with payment then below PP accepted' so vague description whether showers are free with PP.

Impossible to get confirmation from Plaza Premium Lounge or PP. My guess is every lounge at Heathrow charges for showers.

Found an email address for Plaza Premium at Heathrow. I'll send to see their comment on fee.
[email protected]

Yes --- I'm like you want hot breakfast, shower, and alcohol all FREE. I have a 3 hour layover so 10 minute walk with my bag shouldn't be an issue for 90 minute stay. doubt I'll pay for shower so I'll eat and drink at minimum.

Thanks -- I'll try T2 Plaza Premium (arrivals) Lounge.