Search

Lounge access with LoungeBuddy

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2017, 11:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Lounge access with LoungeBuddy

Hello

I am flying MAN-AMM via IST with Turkish Airlines next week, in economy and with no FF status. I am hoping to book paid lounge access however at IST and AMM.

There doesn't seem to be an official booking page for either the Primeclass lounge in the international terminal at IST, or for the Petra lounge at AMM. The only way I think I can do it is to book access through LoungeBuddy.

It's £36 for each stay at IST and £32 for the AMM lounge through LoungeBuddy. However, if made through LoungeBuddy, are these bookings guaranteed to get me access? How can I know the lounges have an actual arrangement with LoungeBuddy?

It also seems the service is centred on the use of the smartphone app - if I don't want to use my smartphone, is it sufficient to simply print out the email confirmation and show that to the lounge staff?

This is my first time using paid lounge access and the whole thing seems quite iffy, so would appreciate any feedback!

Thanks

Odai.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 8:36 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS Red, OZ Silver
Can't speak for your specific airports, but I used LoungeBuddy in March using a coupon code on HeadForPoints (which might still be available) at ATL. Lounge agents didn't even blink.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
LoungeBuddy is a legitimate business that has contracts with various airlines and 3rd party lounge operators.

I've never used their services, so can't comment on the specifics of the app.

At least at IST, there's are several lounges where you can just walk up and pay for access to the lounge. IIRC the cheapest option was also less than 36GBP (maybe 26Euros? Can't remember the exact amount)
Old Jun 16, 2017, 11:18 am

During a recent flight through IAD I had the opportunity to utilize Loungebuddy. I decided to purchase a pass to the Turkish Airlines lounge and was able to do so simply by walking up to the lounge itself and asking if I could purchase a day pass. They directed me to the Loungebuddy ipad where I put in my information and credit card #. My receipt was emailed to me and I entered the lounge immediately. Easy.

I had brought Loungebuddy up on my tablet and could easily have purchased the voucher online but figured that since I was there, I'd see if I could do it in person.

I would definitely purchase in advance if I wanted to be certain of having lounge access and I see no reason that you couldn't show your printed confirmation to gain entry.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 11:26 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I got tired of the amount of spammy emails from Lounge Buddy.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses everyone.

My main concern was that they seem to be a US based company, and as I am resident in the UK any disputes would be difficult to resolve if for whatever reason the service I pay for is not provided. I cannot find any reports of issues online however so I think I can take the risk.

Having said that, I did try to contact their support email address with some of the questions in the original post and despite the website claiming 24/7 support haven't had any response yet.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 11:32 am
Original Poster

BTW cblaisd, are those emails what LoungeBuddy refers to as "Service" emails which you can ultimately just unsubscribe from?

I ask because there are also times when businesses will distribute addresses carelessly to third parties producing spam from which it isn't simple/possible to unsubscribe.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
I use them as a lot just for information, especially when going through new airports or on different airlines than I usually fly. I've found the smartphone app very helpful and reliable, and maybe because of my settings, I don't get any spam from them. I have found them very responsive when I have sent corrections in as well (minor stuff like whether a lounge has a shower or not). But I have never purchased lounge access through them. I have plenty of access from status and credit cards, so no need has arisen.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 11:09 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Moderator Note: Please follow the thread as it moves to the Airport Lounges forum.

Last edited by StartinSanDiego; Jan 19, 2018 at 11:17 am Reason: spelling error
Old Jan 19, 2018, 12:18 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
Moderator Note: Please follow the thread as it moves to the Airport Lounges forum.
Many thanks! This thread can now be accessed via the Airport Lounges forum dashboard

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.