Search

Flying Blue status match

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2017, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS // HH DIA // AB PLAT
Flying Blue status match

Hi!
Can anyone here help me out. I'm currently AB Platinum and I got an email from a AB department saying I can match my status with AF/KL Flying Blue. Since locking my phone after seeing the preview I cannot find the email anywhere anymore. So I contacted AB and they replied:
Thank you for your e-mail.

We are sorry to tell you that we cannot help you with your request. We do not have access to the other frequent traveller programs.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards

So I spoke with Flying blue and they gave me all information about it but I HAD to contact Topbonus to get an email address to send my request to the right department within AF/KL. So after contacting TB again they said:
Thank you for your e-mail.

This is a wrong information Flying Blue gave you. Such a team, mail or link does not exist.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards

Can anyone here help me. All I want is to send a request. Does anyone know of this and can supply me and maybe others with information.

The offer is from Oct 31st till Dec 31st.

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 6, 2017, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I think you are mistaken.

Several oneworld airlines are matching topbonus status (to certain degrees) as detailed on the oneworld website.

There was a "rumour" of a Flying Blue status match back in October - posted in the following thread - but it was not true. [Bear in mind that, with one massive status match campaign several years ago, FB rarely status matches. If there *was* an actual status match campaign, it would not be coming FROM topbonus, and it would be well-documented here, and on other similar sites.

New FB status match (in Germany)?
Old Dec 6, 2017, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Flying Blue has confirmed that status matches are available though.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 12:12 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by exeliser
Flying Blue has confirmed that status matches are available though.
Confirmed where?
Old Dec 7, 2017, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

so, I asked on the Flying Blue website chat, and it seems there may be some truth to the rumour.

OP: why don't you follow the procedure and report back?
Attached Images  
Old Dec 7, 2017, 7:44 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Flying blue is all over the place as usual����

Old Dec 7, 2017, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But kauppias, you're not an AB topbonus Platinum member! They don't want your kind!!!
Old Dec 7, 2017, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
But kauppias, you're not an AB topbonus Platinum member! They don't want your kind!!!
Perhaps then again no one is AB elite anymore also they did not know that when I asked them about matching AB elites

But perhaps I was lucky that they told me there is no matching as I would have had to requalify for all three alliances then 😂😂😂
Old Dec 15, 2017, 2:28 am
Original Poster

This is what Flying Blue said to me.

Airberlin or topbonus cant do anything they say.

This is what I see online
https://loyaltylobby.com/2017/10/03/...bonus-members/
Old Dec 15, 2017, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Your post doesn't make much sense; If that's your email from Flying Blue, as you say, then it's strange that they refer to speaking to themselves .

It seems that you instead posted a letter written by you, rather than showing anything to corroborate what topbonus apparently told you.

That link to loyalty lobby was the spark for the thread I posted above, which was quickly shown to be incorrect/false. Here's that thread again:

New FB status match (in Germany)?
Old Dec 16, 2017, 5:02 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Your post doesn't make much sense; If that's your email from Flying Blue, as you say, then it's strange that they refer to speaking to themselves .

It seems that you instead posted a letter written by you, rather than showing anything to corroborate what topbonus apparently told you.
He phrased it badly in his post but pretty sure that only the indented portion is the quote from flyingblue. The non-indented part is him writing to topbonus.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 1:44 am
Original Poster

That's correct, I was on the go and wanted to get the post out. The picture is what Flying Blue said to me over the phone about an internal email they received about an ongoing status match with topbonus. To get the point across: YES there is a status match but there are certain catches. For example: The status match is ONLY for German residents and they get notified of the match via email. This is only for corporate members and not for individuals. You can only get it by replying to a certain email address like the match in 2016 via de mail address Fbpromotion - SPLMD <[email protected]>. If we can all contact topbonus and maybe this email we can figure out what the way is and then the right department within AF/KL/FB can help us get a match. This is what I got as a respond on the email address from LoyaltyLobby:

Thank you for your email dated 15 December 2017.

We regret to inform you that we as Air France Reservations cannot help you in this regard. Our department only answers questions regarding the online offer of Air France and reservations undertaken on our website. In addition, we offer assistance with technical problems which might occur during the online booking process or Internet check-in.

Please contact our colleagues from the Flying Blue department. You may find the contact details below:

Germany: +49 (0) 69 86 79 81 06Opening hours:Monday - Friday:8:00 - 21:00Saturday:8:00 - 20:00.Sunday:9:00 - 17:00.In addition, you have the option of sending an e-mail via our website:
  1. www.airfrance.com
  2. Contact us
  3. Flying Blue contacts
  4. by E-mail
Thank you for your understanding.

Yours sincerely,

Hugo
Air France Reservations Team

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.