Wiki Posts
Search

topbonus card useless now?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2017, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus, British Airways Executive Club
topbonus card useless now?

I signed up for the airberlin topbonus programme last month to attempt retroactive crediting my oneworld flight previously taken. I added my retroactive mileage request into the website but it was never processed.

Today, I have received the membership card with airberlin logo, but when I check the program's site for miles, the airberlin was gone, the retroactive request was gone, and it now specifically mentions that retro-crediting is only for Etihad flights.

Does that mean the topbonus programme is now useless for oneworld?
Old Oct 21, 2017, 12:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Senator
The card is not useless, you can still use it as an ice scraper.

The programme on the other hand is now completly useless for oneworld.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 12:30 pm

AB will leave OW by Oct. 28. Details can be found here: https://www.oneworld.com/news-information/oneworldnews
Old Oct 21, 2017, 1:13 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Funny enough, I received a new card and congratulations for status renewal two weeks ago ...
Old Oct 21, 2017, 1:41 pm

Programs: AC*E, Accor Platinum, Hilton Silver
Well... I just received an email from topbonus approving my statust match, that was requested early September. They also assured me my gold card would be sent out within 21 days...
Old Oct 21, 2017, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
[QUOTE=Flip42;28959770]The card is not useless, you can still use it as an ice scraper.

And my nice statement as wallpaper (too hurtful as TP).
Old Oct 24, 2017, 3:33 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
The card can still be used for Ethiad lounge access and collecting miles on Ethiad flights. Sounds to me that topbonus and the Ethiad frequent flyer program will be merged sooner than later.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 1:48 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I would like to inform you that airberlin will not be a member of the oneworld® alliance as of 28th of October.

For you as a topbonus Gold Card holder this unfortunately means that as of this date you will not be able to use your oneworld Sapphire benefits on flights with oneworld airline partners any longer.

However you can still take advantage of the following status benefits:

Etihad Airways Partner: You can find your status benefits to 400 destinations of the worldwide route network here
Executive Bonus: 50 % extra miles on earned award- and status miles for flights
Free of charge airberlin Visa Card: No annual card fee. 5 % cashback promotion ongoing
Gold Service: You can reach us via our exclusive Gold Hotline or via [email protected] where you can reach your personal contact person
Status Match bei SIXT: With the SIXT Platinum Card you get exclusive benefits
Hertz Status Match: You get the Hertz Club GoldFive Star memership

Your current topbonus Gold Card is still valid and you can still earn miles with our active topbonus partners. You can redeem your miles through our Pop-Up Shop or against flights with Etihad Airways.

Find our latest FAQs here.

It’s worth to remain loyal to us. Everyday we work hard to maintain the program’s attractiveness.
Bolding mine. So its not useless ;-) haha
Old Oct 27, 2017, 7:15 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A gold, Skyteam elite plus, Hilton gold, SPG gold
just got an email from Etihad/Topbonus

here is the text

We would hereby both like to inform you that topbonus Ltd. and the loyalty program are here to stay.
Even if airberlin ceases to operate today, as a topbonus member, you are still able to earn and redeem miles with Etihad Airways. Furthermore, you will also be able to continue to earn miles with our active partners on the ground and redeem them at the topbonus Pop-up Shop for rewards. Status benefits will remain valid in the global network of Etihad Airways partners.
Find all current information on our topbonus website and the FAQs. We are working on restructuring topbonus Ltd. and expanding the options for earning miles and redeeming rewards. We will keep you updated about our progress – this we promise.
Sincerely
Christian Otto Anton Lill
Preliminary Insolvency Administrator Managing Director
Old Oct 27, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by RolfD
just got an email from Etihad/Topbonus

here is the text

We would hereby both like to inform you that topbonus Ltd. and the loyalty program are here to stay.
Even if airberlin ceases to operate today, as a topbonus member, you are still able to earn and redeem miles with Etihad Airways. Furthermore, you will also be able to continue to earn miles with our active partners on the ground and redeem them at the topbonus Pop-up Shop for rewards. Status benefits will remain valid in the global network of Etihad Airways partners.
Find all current information on our topbonus website and the FAQs. We are working on restructuring topbonus Ltd. and expanding the options for earning miles and redeeming rewards. We will keep you updated about our progress – this we promise.
Sincerely
Christian Otto Anton Lill
Preliminary Insolvency Administrator Managing Director

I received this too.... Perhaps we will see a EY guest match/take over
Old Oct 27, 2017, 9:52 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A gold, Skyteam elite plus, Hilton gold, SPG gold
Originally Posted by kauppias
with Etihad everything is possible
Old Oct 27, 2017, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
Same. Got the email. Let's hope.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/2MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
So does this mean that we will automatically enrolled in EY? or do we have to manually do it to transfer our points?
Old Oct 28, 2017, 4:09 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
So does this mean that we will automatically enrolled in EY? or do we have to manually do it to transfer our points?
NEITHER for now we can only hope for a merger of the accounts to EY! At the moment just two separate programs!
Old Oct 28, 2017, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
And we can only hope for a waiving of mileage expiry at the end of this year, so I don't end up losing my miles!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.