Search

Flight in September

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2017, 10:00 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Originally Posted by AlienInTheFatherland

Have you tried proactively re-booking, given the circumstances, with AA/BA?
Rebooking what? airberlin has my money for a paid business class seat
Old Sep 12, 2017, 11:10 am

To my knowledge DUS-SFO/LAX have not (yet) been terminated, unlike most other AB long haul routes.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 11:32 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by geosch
To my knowledge DUS-SFO/LAX have not (yet) been terminated, unlike most other AB long haul routes.
Just a matter of days I assume. Just checked my details DUS-SFO on 10/3 with return LAX-DUS on 10/19 and only flex tickets are available. I am on avios award tickets booked through BA on 125 ticket stock and just hope they'll honor the tickets and re-book us on either BA or AA. First time spending avios and now this .. bummer.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by Doerli
Just a matter of days I assume. Just checked my details DUS-SFO on 10/3 with return LAX-DUS on 10/19 and only flex tickets are available. I am on avios award tickets booked through BA on 125 ticket stock and just hope they'll honor the tickets and re-book us on either BA or AA. First time spending avios and now this .. bummer.
I didn't wait for anyone else to take action; I just asked AA for alternative flights BCN-DUS-SFO on Oct. 13 and was rebooked BCN-PHL-SFO (AA award, originally on AB).
Old Sep 12, 2017, 12:39 pm

Yes, looks like AB today started preparing for the termination of those flights on Sept. 25, too.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 7:40 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by geosch
Yes, looks like AB today started preparing for the termination of those flights on Sept. 25, too.
Termination of which flights where? Can you give us a link?
Old Sep 13, 2017, 12:15 am

Programs: BAEC; LH M&M; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
Rebooking what? airberlin has my money for a paid business class seat
see post 34
Old Sep 13, 2017, 12:21 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AlienInTheFatherland
see post 34
yes that's very nice for award ticket holders. People with purchased tickets are SOL if they dont fly. Luckily my credit card covers this.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by Doerli
From my experience so far, along with echoes over at the BA board, they will just offer you a refund and tell you to look for and book an alternative yourself. I think it's poor show and they should try and rebook us somehow. What if I was out there now (AUH) and suddenly got word my flight tomorrow or the next day was cancelled? Here's a refund, sorry for the bother, go and book another flight yourself! Totally unacceptable, as most things at British Airways are these days.

I advise anyone with AB tickets, wherever or however bought or issued, to make alternative arrangements now or as quickly as possible, while there are still other possibilities available.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 4:10 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Concerto
What if I was out there now (AUH) and suddenly got word my flight tomorrow or the next day was cancelled? Here's a refund, sorry for the bother, go and book another flight yourself!

I advise anyone with AB tickets, wherever or however bought or issued, to make alternative arrangements now or as quickly as possible, while there are still other possibilities available.
This is the worst possible scenario I can think of. Getting to where we need to, and then they shut down and we're stranded in Germany.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 1:33 pm

I am booked on an SFO to TXL flight in early October on an AA award ticket. Travel blogs have been reporting cancellation of this route after 10/1 since 8/27 but AA still hasn't been notified of the cancellation. I only found out because someone sent me an article about the pilot sickout and then I discovered the disappearing long haul flight issue. When I talked to AA, they said there was no other award availability so there was nothing they could do until the flight was officially cancelled. They said that if and when they get a cancellation notice, they would try to rebook or offer a redeposit of the 30K miles with no fee. Hopefully they honor the latter because I rebooked my itinerary with United miles. Thankfully United usually has great award availability to Europe from SFO especially off peak.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
All I can say to all of you in this situation, do not lose heart and do not give up. HUACA HUACA HUACA

I finally got lucky with an excellent agent at the BAEC, who rebooked me free of charge onto the BA flight to LHR, then on to TXL. There would normally have been a lot more Avios and taxes to pay on this route. But it took a bit of determination to keep calling back every few hours until I got somebody who was prepared to deal with it. I had already booked a backup ticket with Avios on Royal Jordanian via AMM and I got the agent to cancel it as we were just inside the 24 hour booking window.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 5:05 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by giantsfan
I am booked on an SFO to TXL flight in early October on an AA award ticket. Travel blogs have been reporting cancellation of this route after 10/1 since 8/27 but AA still hasn't been notified of the cancellation. I only found out because someone sent me an article about the pilot sickout and then I discovered the disappearing long haul flight issue. When I talked to AA, they said there was no other award availability so there was nothing they could do until the flight was officially cancelled. They said that if and when they get a cancellation notice, they would try to rebook or offer a redeposit of the 30K miles with no fee. Hopefully they honor the latter because I rebooked my itinerary with United miles. Thankfully United usually has great award availability to Europe from SFO especially off peak.
Ask them to talk to AB liaison if the flight has already been cancelled in AB systems but AA still hasn't seen the cancellation come across.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 12:57 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Anybody with cancelled flights purchased with Citi Prestige which were not reaccommodated? Would like to see if you attempted to file a claim against Trip Cancellation & Interruption Protection.

Carrier in financial default is a covered reason and it covers up to $5,000 USD:
  • Additional costs to get the Covered Traveler home if the Trip is interrupted, as long as new arrangements are within the same fare class service as the original booking, such as economy or business class.
  • Additional fares or tickets needed to rejoin the Trip that has been interrupted must be booked within the same fare class service as the original booking, such as economy or business class.

Not sure if you can file claim before travel so perhaps buy a refundable ticket (in case Citi denies claim).
Old Sep 15, 2017, 12:27 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
With news of bids being submitted for Air Berlin, what does this do now to people flying on flights after the bid selection but before the route terminates. I.E longhaul flight which sounds like are not likely to be taken over from the bidders.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.