Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

[Redeeming Voucher] Unable to dial Topbonus or AB Customer Service from Hungary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2016, 1:50 am
Original Poster

Hey everyone,

I have a German sim card, and am currently residing in Hungary for the next 3 months.

Recently, I have purchased a flight voucher using AB miles, in order to change my previously selected seat.

Every time I contact the international number, I get an error message saying the number has changed, and that I should contact the German one instead.

While trying to dial the German numbers from Hungary, I get the message saying that this number is blocked from where I am dialing.

I have been talking to several customer service agents through email, and all of them keep giving me the international number that I have dialed 10 times already, but which does not work. They however, keep saying that it should and say there is nothing they can do for me.

Seeing as I am not leaving Hungary before my upcoming flight, there is thus no way for me to make use of this voucher. Has anyone had any similar issues or knows how to bypass this?

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 21, 2016, 2:02 am

Programs: A3 *G, Hilton Diamond, Accor Silver
I too reside in Hungary.

After reading your post, I attempted several times to contact AB customer service via the numbers listed on their website with a message stating it was an invalid number.

However, when I called the number on the back of my Topbonus card, it went through.

The number I used was +49 30 383 030 83

Good Luck!
Old Apr 22, 2016, 3:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xichang08
I too reside in Hungary.

After reading your post, I attempted several times to contact AB customer service via the numbers listed on their website with a message stating it was an invalid number.

However, when I called the number on the back of my Topbonus card, it went through.

The number I used was +49 30 383 030 83

Good Luck!
Dear Xichang,

Thank you for all your effort and personally attempting to do the same.

I am able to reach the number you have provided ^

All the best

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.