Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

Silver for free and other promotions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Silver for free and other promotions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2016, 10:19 am

Programs: AB topbonus, AF flying blue
hi all,

as I started to fly more frequently with AB, I would like to try the silver promotion.

To maximize the amount of time I'm having the silver status (and so the 20% bonus on AB flights), I have the following question: if I ask the silver card at the beginning of may, e.g. the 5th, the status will expire at the end of August or September?

Thank you!
Old Oct 17, 2016, 3:43 am

Hello!

I have sent the email to topbonus team yesterday (left the Company name field empty), today I received an email saying: "To process your request for status jump start, we need the name of your company, which has handed out the form."

Any suggestions on what should I provide? Or the programme simply is no longer open for everyone?

Thanks!
Old Oct 17, 2016, 6:04 am

Programs: AB topbonus Gold, IB+
I requested it with the form several months ago and they did not asked me for any company. I think they have realized many people is requesting Silver status...
Old Oct 17, 2016, 8:34 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Damn. Why am I always too late for these free status and easy match freebies ?
Old Nov 30, 2016, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Well, I thought I knew it all. To keep Silver status under the current promotion, I need to fly 8 segments within 4 months. I just found out that segments only count if you book Economy Classic fares, not Economy Light. I really didn't think to check this, because Miles & More offer segments on the cheapest fares at LH and LX, as well as at EW and 4U, namely HBO fares.

I've got quite a few Economy Light bookings coming up. Is there any way to upgrade to Economy Classic at this later stage? EW and 4U allow you to upgrade before check in and aggressively advertise that fact. Possible with AB?
Old Nov 30, 2016, 4:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
I signed up for the Silver status trial promo in partnership with Xing 2 weeks ago m but still didn't get the status. Did I have to have a DE address ?
Old Dec 1, 2016, 8:46 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Let AB Gold expire, wrote them about Silver promo. Week later their response is my account wasn't registered to a corporate email address.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No way to upgrade Economy Light bookings to Classic, according to the service center. So I'm stuck with enjoying Silver status with little chance of requalifying. At least I'll get a free bag with my Economy Light bookings!
Old Dec 28, 2016, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In 'other promotions', I got 5,000 miles for making a new booking and also won 25,000 miles in the recent mileage millionaire promotion where you could win miles for making bookings. Mine was for a TopBonus award booking.

Some of the happy boys over at VFT seemed to be winning 100,000 mile packages here, there and everywhere.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Silver status seems to offer me fast track through security all over the place. However, I am not sure this extends to every airport. Does anybody know if I will get fast track at Geneva airport?

This would be really valuable in a couple of weeks time, as I have to play a musical slot in town then make a mad dash for the airport. The musical slot is 10h30-10h50, and the DUS flight leaves at 12h15. Totally doable with the train, or a car, no checked baggage, online BP in hand. Only thing is, security at GVA can get a bit clogged at the weekend due to ski flights.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 7:41 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Concerto
Does anybody know if I will get fast track at Geneva airport?
Check this

http://www.gva.ch/en/desktopdefault.aspx/tabid-478/
Old Mar 16, 2017, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyingthealps
hi all,

as I started to fly more frequently with AB, I would like to try the silver promotion.

To maximize the amount of time I'm having the silver status (and so the 20% bonus on AB flights), I have the following question: if I ask the silver card at the beginning of may, e.g. the 5th, the status will expire at the end of August or September?

Thank you!
Thanks, 8 francs is really not a lot when the airport is busy. I also found this list:

http://www.gva.ch/Portaldata/1/Resou...y-Lane_GVA.pdf

It seems odd that airberlin Silver is allowed, whereas Miles & More or Flying Blue Silver is not. Perhaps because there are less elites at airberlin.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 4:57 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Concerto
Thanks, 8 francs is really not a lot when the airport is busy. I also found this list:

http://www.gva.ch/Portaldata/1/Resou...y-Lane_GVA.pdf

It seems odd that airberlin Silver is allowed, whereas Miles & More or Flying Blue Silver is not. Perhaps because there are less elites at airberlin.
Yeah some airports have different rules regarding fasttrack and lounges , cause there are some loopholes

For instance last year i could still access the schengen lounges of WAW as FB silver , but not anymore
Old Mar 17, 2017, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'll see, when I do OLCI, if I get "Fasttrack" printed on the boarding pass and if not I'll buy a premium access direct from gva.ch.

I know that GVA can be really sticky at weekends due to skiers, but maybe it will be not so bad late morning. Probably builds up as the day progresses.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm sorry fifty_two, for some reason I responded to you using the wrong quote above. I seem to have issues like this when using the iPad.

To give some feedback on what happened, there is no priority security for airberlin Silver at GVA. When I got to the airport it was jammed with hundreds and hundreds of skiers and the security lines snaked back to the escalators, which you couldn't get onto without showing a BP. Luckily I had bought priority security the night before on gva.ch for only 8 francs, really saved my bacon. Wasn't easy to find the way to the priority entrance in the milling chaos. I observed a couple of arguments and near fights breaking out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.