Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RANT: The TXL Baggie Scam

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2015, 3:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
I don't want to waste too much time on this but this webpage can be a start for your own search.

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens...y/index_en.htm
Thanks. A further link inside (http://ec.europa.eu/transport/modes/...cy/lags_en.htm) gives some hope:
The goal is to come to a complete lifting of the ban by screening all LAGs as of January 2016.
That said, I wonder if they are on schedule for this goal. I have yet to see such equipment in use at WAW, TXL or MUC (the 3 airports I frequent semi-regularly these days).
Old Nov 18, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata, Turkish Elite... oh yeah, and of course: Starbucks Gold :P
Originally Posted by blue2002
Thanks. A further link inside (http://ec.europa.eu/transport/modes/...cy/lags_en.htm) gives some hope:
That said, I wonder if they are on schedule for this goal. I have yet to see such equipment in use at WAW, TXL or MUC (the 3 airports I frequent semi-regularly these days).
aren't they just using the standard swipe test (well, the ionscan thingy) for liquids, too? they for sure have them at all the mentioned airports. especially at MUC they swipe all my camera gear every single time i'm traveling with it (actually, MUC seems to be the only place who care about cameras).
Old Nov 19, 2015, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by appenzeller
I have to agree with the OP - the only airports I have seen the stupid bag enforced are TXL and DRS.

I have travelled many airports and none of them required a "qualified" bag.
These last few weeks: BUD, HEL, LHR, TLL, DUS - all baggies out.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 9:58 am

Programs: BA Gold AVIS Presidents Club
Heathrow are pretty officious on this one. Leave your plastic bag in your bag at your own peril. You will then see you carry on slide down the outer track after the scanner and you will be waiting .....waiting .....waiting ....and then have to empty your bag piece by piece for inspection - unless of course its not so busy then you will just be ........ waiting! Australia no longer applys a liquid carry on restriction for domestic flights by the way! Sensible lot.

OF
Old Nov 26, 2015, 11:14 am

Programs: TopBonus, Miles&More
Just to keep this party going;

All my airports in DE, UK, CH, USA, and more have required baggies. No big deal - just part of the routine like bag and belt, etc. Occasionally forget to bring the bag out, sometimes they notice, sometimes they don't. Once, conspired to get my favourite 200ml shower gel through - stuck it in the baggie with the rest - successful TXL > LHR but LHR's eagle eyed security team spotted it on my return and I had to toss it. Slings and arrows.

On the plus side, travel is now an opportunity to stock up on baggies for the house. ZRH has some nice ones but my favourites are at LHR - clear plastic ziplocks with a margin wide enough at the open end for a small 'handle' for the bag, making it even easier to hold and carry. I grab a bunch whenever I pass through and make the Frau happy with a fistful of sandwich bags on my return.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.