Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

topbonus website down until 06-AUG-2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2015, 10:18 am
txl
Original Poster

Programs: AB Plat (OWE), AY Silver (OWR)

AB has announced that there will be an update to the topbonus parts of their website. Access will not be possible from today until Thursday next week. This includes access to the mileage account, bookings, seat reservation and mileage redemption. The text of the message (German) is not very clear but it seems that these functions will also not be accessible over the phone. At the moment, it seems everything is still up and running.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 8:23 am

Nearly one week for an update. Wow.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 12:29 pm

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
Did I miss the warning email ?

Thank you for visiting our website,

The topbonus website is currently undergoing a migration. All topbonus functionalities such as your online profile, booking award flight etc will be available again from 7th August.

Thank you for your patience

Your airberlin Team
Old Aug 2, 2015, 1:36 pm
txl
Original Poster

I got a mail a couple of days before they switched off the site.

Booked a flight after login was disabled, though, and was still able to enter my tb number and to reserve priority seating - so no disadvantages there. Also, the app is still loading new flights into 'my flights'.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 6:10 am

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
Originally Posted by txl
I got a mail a couple of days before they switched off the site.

Booked a flight after login was disabled, though, and was still able to enter my tb number and to reserve priority seating - so no disadvantages there. Also, the app is still loading new flights into 'my flights'.
checked my trash folder, and realised that i received the email too ... just that I wasn't expecting to need to search for award availability, so didn't think about it
Old Aug 5, 2015, 5:57 pm

Hey guys,
I'm new and this is my first post
Just got an e-mail with the updates (not sure why it took them so long)...

shopping at a few new places like amazon, zalando and ebay will get you 5 miles per euro spent (2miles per eur with ebay). Which is quite neat though if you shop at amazon once a while.

http://www.topbonus.de/shopping
Old Aug 6, 2015, 10:46 am
txl
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sutti
Hey guys,
I'm new and this is my first post
Just got an e-mail with the updates (not sure why it took them so long)...

shopping at a few new places like amazon, zalando and ebay will get you 5 miles per euro spent (2miles per eur with ebay). Which is quite neat though if you shop at amazon once a while.

http://www.topbonus.de/shopping
Hey Sutti,

welcome to FT!

Yup, website back up again. The design has been updated slightly, apart from that I haven't seen any major changes. It's loading quite slowly at the moment, though. Flight history and miles haven't changed, so I guess that's good news. Logic seems to also be the same as before, web check-in is still in another window. Anyone noticed any substantial changes?
The accrual chart for AB flights has not been updated, it's still showing the promotion for flights booked in JustFly and FlyDeal that exspired by the end of July.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
The site is back up, but cannot book reward flights - after choosing the flight, clicking the start booking button results in a bit of background churning and returning to the flight choice page (with a possbile error code flashing by - CAB:E0D300)

(same issue with Firefox, Chrome and Safari)

EDIT:

One more thing - the airberlin website lists the topbonus service center numbers here

http://www.airberlin.com/de-DE/site/...nter.php?cat=2

Surprise! The UK number is NOT the topbonus number, but the AB sales (booking) number. They kindly give you the German number to call. Seriously, this is the best they can do??

(yes, I see that the URL says "arberlin_service_center" but the page itself clearly states "topbonus Service Center"

EDIT 2: now reward bookings work.

Last edited by WilcoRoger; Aug 9, 2015 at 2:38 am
Old Aug 9, 2015, 9:37 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Another glitch: When first login into the new website, my accrued status miles for the current year showed 0 (zero) - which is incorrect. However, after going to accounts details, the correct number of status miles earned showed up. Same procedure on the smartphone app, firstly a wrong number (different from zero, but also different from the correct number) showed up. Then, after logout and login again, the correct number appeared ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.